Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

wheres everyone staying in Rome for Euros

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:23 am

When I recently visited Rome with the misis I didnt see many bars or lively areas. Where is everyone likely to be staying? Is there anywhere with nightlife for beers in the nights?

Re: wheres everyone staying in Rome for Euros

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:21 am

There is under a dozen irish/brirish pubs in the city, I went to one near the colosseum. It full of wine bars and and subtle little sophisticated bars. I personally wish we werent playing Italy in Rome, would've been more of a carnival atmosphere with two neutral teams...the Romans are worse than Londeners and think they're superior to the the rest of Italy, let alone the rest of the world...that being said, im going. Haha!

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:43 pm

I agree I found the Roman's really arrogant. I've booked an apartment for 4 of us for 500 quid for 3 nights by trevi fountain. will travel into testaccio and see what that's like in the nights

Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 pm

rickyd67 wrote:I agree I found the Roman's really arrogant. I've booked an apartment for 4 of us for 500 quid for 3 nights by trevi fountain. will travel into testaccio and see what that's like in the nights

What if you dont get tickets ? Or you going for the experience?

Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:41 pm

Bollox to Rome. Staying in Bologna and then train to Rome on 21st.

Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:24 pm

First visit to Rome, I stayed in the Vatican, I kid you not.
Was with an Irish lady, we lived together for seven or so years, her younger brother was a "trainee priest" in the order that looks after the catholic church history and such stuff, we got put up in their "house". We broke up years ago, 1998/99, her brother, who I was in contact with until a couple of years ago, packed it in before he made the "x grade" where "x" is a number then worked for a while as bank teller back in England.
Anyway, I digress. Approach St. Peters square, with main Pope place in front, go left before, small streets, loads of cheap hotels, bars as it's where the trainee priests go, who, generally don't have the proverbial pot to piss in.
Funnily enough, it's not but a ten minute walk from where ladies with lipstick and short skirts gather or so I was led to believe :old: