Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ The players linked with Cardiff in January ‘

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:45 am

JONATHAN KODIJA

Cardiff City are reportedly one of several clubs interested in out-of-favour Aston Villa stirker Jonathan Kodija.

According to Football Insider, the former Bristol City star is attracting interest from multiple clubs ahead of the January window, with the Bluebirds said to be just one of his many admirers.

The Villans allegedly turned down a £7 million bid from Qatari side Al-Gharafa for the forward in September, with boss Dean Smith at the time reluctant to let him go without the opportunity to secure a replacement.

But the 30-year old has played just 20 minutes of Premier League football this season and, with his contract at Villa Park coming to an end in the summer, it's been suggested the Villans are willing to listen to offers when the transfer window re-opens.

LUKE McCOWAN

Cardiff City and Derby County are both reportedly plotting a January move for Ayr United's highly-rated youngster Luke McCowan.

According to Football Insider , both City and the Rams are among several clubs keen on making a move for the 21-year-old, who is seen as one of Scottish football's brightest prospects having lit up the Scottish Championship this season with a number of dazzling performances.

An unnamed Premier League side are also believed to be monitoring the situation, with McCowan out of contract at Somerset Park at the end of the season, meaning he could be available on a cut-price fee.

McCowan, who plays primarily as an attacking midfielder, has scored eight goals in 17 games in all competitions so far this season.

It is understood, however, that this deal is unlikely.

VICTOR CAMARASA

While there has been no concrete interest in the Crystal Palace playmaker, many fans have called for him to return to Cardiff City Stadium in the New Year.

It is understood that former City boss Neil Warnock was interested in broaching the subject with the Spaniard before he parted company with the club last month.

Camarasa's £65,000-a-week wage in South London is likely to represent a huge stumbling block for the Bluebirds, who it is thought could offer less than third of that.

Camarasa's cryptic social media post prompted hordes of Bluebirds supporters to call for him to return, but sources close to the player have told WalesOnline he is not yet thinking about forcing a move away in the New Year.

LYNDON DYKES

Cardiff City and Swansea City are among a host of Championship clubs reportedly battling it out for Livingston forward Lyndon Dykes.

According to Team Talk , the Scottish club could well be open to selling the 6ft 2in forward, who despite signing last January only made his debut for the club this season.

Dykes has been in impressive form in this campaign, netting five goals and notching up two assists in 14 games, and his form is believed to have caught the eye of admirers elsewhere.

And, it's claimed Livingston could well decide to cash in when the transfer window re-opens in January.

Read more here .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ The players linked with Cardiff in January ‘

Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:30 am

wouldnt shock me to see him go in for George Saville

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:16 pm

Will get neither of those mentioned in the OP... no idea why this is a sticky

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:19 pm

paulh_85 wrote:wouldnt shock me to see him go in for George Saville

More chance to get Jimmy Saville :lol:

Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:10 am

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Will get neither of those mentioned in the OP... no idea why this is a sticky

Coming from someone (you) with no idea, that last bit actually makes sense! ;) :lol:

Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:20 am

Sven wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:Will get neither of those mentioned in the OP... no idea why this is a sticky

Coming from someone (you) with no idea, that last bit actually makes sense! ;) :lol:

Well he is from Fishguard sven :lol: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:59 pm

:thumbup:

Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:14 pm

F@ck,didn't realise camarasa was on 65k a week :? :shock: that's a massive jump in wages,from when he was here,anyone know what his wages were here :?: If that figure quoted is true,he did ok for himself after leaving here,but he is on loan,who set them figures? Because I cannot see him wanting to return to real betis,no way would he earn that figure there. :old: :bluebird:

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:13 pm

For the experienced two of those players, I can't see Camarasa giving up that sort of wage to come here. How can a team like Palace pay that sort of money?

As for Kodija coming here, I can't see us spending what would be need to bring him here, I think he cost Villa £11m and is probably on big money at Villa as they are know as big payers. I don't think Tan will be spending that sort of money on fees or wages, especially after Warnock has basically emptied the bank! And we have to pay for Sala.

Shame as I think they could be good additions, certainly better that Tomlin< Ward or Bogle.