Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: O/T Ha ha now rail fares

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:42 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
ffs wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ion wrote:First it was free tuition fees ,that hasn't worked now 33percent of train fares ,next it will be free pint at football games that might work ,Corbyn makes it up as he goes along , :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought there was a crisis with the homeless , child poverty , and the NHS underfunded...?
but I know. lets spend money on subsidising rail fares , tuition fees and give free broadband. that will sort it out..

Why is there a crisis with homeless, child poverty, and underfunded NHS? Ahh yes, due to 9 years of Conservative government. These will only continue to get progressively worse should the Tories be foolishly voted back in.

Our only hope is a Corbyn led Labour Government. We'd be so much better off now had he won the 2017 election.

Ha ha deluded
Austerity caused by the labour government in 2010
That left the conservative party to govern the uk that was financialy ruined when they took over
Just like every labour government has done since the 1940s

Pretty sure Labour wasnt responsible for the 2008 worldwide financial crisis.
Since the 40s? Yeah thats complete bullshit, name 1 country besides america that wasnt fucked after the war.

Vanuatu

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:58 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:Millions visiting food banks every week? That can't be accurate...tens of thousands maybe?

I think food banks a better more efficient way of helping the destitute

Yes that's the best way to support this new phenomenon-working Tory poverty.

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:33 am

Is slashing the fares by a third and giving free travel to U16 only going to cost 1.5 billion. That puts the overall income from fares at somewhere south of 4 billion. I have no idea what fare income the rail industry receives in total but that seems low to me. Seems to be a lack of fact checking on this. Boris opens his mouth and there seems to be industry set up to value every word that comes out.

Well at least labour will drive down car ownership which is no bad thing. Vote for labour and queue for the bus. Vote for labour and give the gift to austerity to your children and grand children.

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:37 am

I cant wait - free train fares, a 4 day week, less tax, free superfast broadband internet, free child care provisions, an end to austerity, pay of the debt :old: heard it all before lots of times from that lot

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:40 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:I cant wait - free train fares, a 4 day week, less tax, free superfast broadband internet, free child care provisions, an end to austerity, pay of the debt :old: heard it all before lots of times from that lot

They actually tested the 4 day week thing and they found lower stress and increased productivity by around 40%
what insane person would be against a shorter work week?
"i don't want to spend more time with family/friends or getting some much needed things done, give me more stress and less money because it's being spent on childcare and travel"

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:56 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:
ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:I cant wait - free train fares, a 4 day week, less tax, free superfast broadband internet, free child care provisions, an end to austerity, pay of the debt :old: heard it all before lots of times from that lot

They actually tested the 4 day week thing and they found lower stress and increased productivity by around 40%
"i don't want to spend more time with family/friends or getting some much needed things done, give me more stress and less money because it's being spent on childcare and travel"

Four day week sounds good to me, and I would have liked it during my working career. To a certain extent it is already available in the form of compressed hours and flexi contracts. I know other countries and US states have experimented, but most reverted back to the traditional 5 day week. I suppose compressing a 35 or 40 hour week into 4 days may work for some companies, but not sure if it could be adopted by everyone.

Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:28 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:

fair play inane is a great word in that post.
id love to know who the slackers are...
doctors, nurses, dentists, bus drivers, train drivers, lorry drivers, pilots , teachers , postmen, police, the entire NHS , all self employed people. etc etc etc..??????
do banks, post offices, and all shops close for the day or do they increase wages bill by 20% ?
why stop at a 4 day week ? why not a 3 and a half day week at this plus 40% as the extra productivity takes it back up to very nearly 5 days …. you must have an easier job than I ever had.

Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:56 am

dogfound wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:

doctors, nurses, dentists, bus drivers, train drivers, lorry drivers, pilots , teachers , postmen, police, the entire NHS , all self employed people. etc etc etc..??????
do banks, post offices, and all shops close for the day or do they increase wages bill by 20% ?
why stop at a 4 day week ? why not a 3 and a half day week at this plus 40% as the extra productivity takes it back up to very nearly 5 days …. you must have an easier job than I ever had.

Nobody said it's a mandatory forced 4 day week :lol:

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:02 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:

Nobody said it's a mandatory forced 4 day week :lol:

I'd gladly work an extra couple of hours a day for another day off in the week given the option, if you dont want to then that your choice, i just dont see anything wrong with having that option there, its probably one of the stupidest things to get so worked up over.

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:20 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Cannot believe how many people on this thread actually think the tories have done a good job the last 9 years

Also cannot believe how many people blame labour for austerity which was introduced by the tories out of choice not necessity I might add

The 2008 banking crisis caused the crash not the labour government for starters and had they not bailed out RBS northern rock and the like the economic disaster would have been 10 times what it was

It’s also worth noting that neither Germany or France resorted to austerity despite facing a similar situation in 2008 and their economies grew much faster through 2010-2015 than our austerity ridden one, why you might ask? Because it’s proven in economics that you can’t cut your way out a of recession encouraging consumer spending and investing in public services is what is needed even if you have to borrow more to do so

We are 9 years on and I’m sure the tories would have people believe still the cuts were needed and that brexit has caused the glum growth in the economy the last 9 years when in actual fact between 2008-2010 under labour after the economic crash our growth outstripped both Europe and the United States then austerity and bang we are miles behind again

It’s also worth noting that many public sector jobs have been cut during their tenure and its widely renknowned that most public sector workers earn close to average or above UK salaries or did in 2010 (pay cap since) and by cutting those jobs in the hundreds of thousands that they have the last 9 years has also massively impacted the economy as those jobs tend to have people who have a relatively reasonable disposable income, disposable income being spent who’s have thought helps boost the economy no spenders who’s have thought a much weaker economy

I could go on all day about economics theories and practical examples

Simple fact is the wealth gap has increased around 8-10% in the last 10 years between the rich and the poor if anyone expect that’s to change of the NHS to improve or unemployment to improve (I don’t mean stupid zero hour contracts currently used to mask the figures either) then you cannot vote Tory

If you also are making your vote purely on brexit then whilst I under stand your frustration I voted leave by the way I cannot and will not vote purely on brexit as this decision is not about brexit it is about who will put more value in the country the next 5 years and that is certainly not a Tory government

This government has not mentioned one positive that they have brought to the country during this campaign ask yourself why ??

How can a party who have been in power 9 years fail to show off their achievements???

BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO ACHIEVEMENTS AT ALL APRT FROM

MORE FOOD BANKS
POOR ECONOMIC GROWTH
FAILURE TO DELIVER BREXIT
WEALTH GAP INCREASED
POLICE OFFICERS CUT
FIREFIGHTERS CUT
NURSES CUT
DOCTORS CUT
NHS CONTRACTS OFFERED OUT
ADDED 1.2TRN TO NATIONAL DEBT MORE THAN ANY LABOUR GOVERNMENT SINCE RECORDS BEGAN
PUBLIC SECTOR PAY CAP 9 years and counting
AWARDED ALL MPS 11% PAY RISE
CUT DISABILITY ALLOWANCE
INTRODUCED BEDROOM TAX

I’m sure people can add plenty more that’s off the top of my head

It was anti democratic remainers who prevented Brexit
I know people who use foodbanksthat really don’t have to
Our growth is higher than Germany, France and Italy
The wealth gap has been increasing for decades irrespective of Conc or Lab being in power
Police numbers are to increase under Boris
Less firemen are needed because we have less fires
Too many nurses work for agencies because NHS managers can’t manage
When was the number of doctors cut?
National debt has increased year on year under both parties, do you seriously believe labour would have reduced it? Incidentally debt as a % of GDP is a better indicator of how the economy is doing
Public sector pay was too high
MPs rise was wrong how many Labour MPs refused to take it?
Disability allowance is routinely abused and genuine cases suffer
Why should someone live in a house, paid for by the state, with more bedrooms than they require.
Don’t know where you got your “facts” from but because we didn’t join the euro we used QE to get our economy back on track faster than anyeurozone country. Both France and Germany are on the brink of recession.

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:21 pm

Free stuff has to be paid for from somewhere? Now where could all this free money be coming from :?: Could it possibly be taxes...