Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our Defence

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:12 pm

After Saturday two interesting facts have emerged. one it was the first back-to-back wins and the first back-to-back games without conceding a goal. In fact the statistics show that the back line protected the goal very well with Forest only getting 2 shots on target from 29 attempts.
My question is, have we turned a corner and started to build another team to emulate our team of two years ago, and have the tightest back line in the division because thats what our promotion year was built on :ayatollah: :occasion5:

Re: Our Defence

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Whistler wrote:After Saturday two interesting facts have emerged. one it was the first back-to-back wins and the first back-to-back games without conceding a goal. In fact the statistics show that the back line protected the goal very well with Forest only getting 2 shots on target from 29 attempts.
My question is, have we turned a corner and started to build another team to emulate our team of two years ago, and have the tightest back line in the division because thats what our promotion year was built on :ayatollah: :occasion5:

I think we all knew Flint and Morrison shouldn't have been playing together, I really couldn't understand why Warnock couldn't or wouldn't see it. As soon as one of them was removed things were bound to improve imo

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:13 pm

Whistler wrote:After Saturday two interesting facts have emerged. one it was the first back-to-back wins and the first back-to-back games without conceding a goal. In fact the statistics show that the back line protected the goal very well with Forest only getting 2 shots on target from 29 attempts.

Excellent improvement and it’s two games a a 2nd half too, four scored and none conceded in 2.5 games :clap: :thumbup:

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:14 pm

Excellent improvement and it’s two games a a 2nd half too, four scored and none conceded in 2.5 games :clap: :thumbup:

Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:02 pm

Bluebina wrote:

With Glatzel, Morrison, Ralls out and Ward suspended in some of those games, that's quite a turnaround :thumbup:

With Tomlin, Nelson, Madine, out from the cold and making themselves very hard to drop!

Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I think we all knew Flint and Morrison shouldn't have been playing together, I really couldn't understand why Warnock couldn't or wouldn't see it. As soon as one of them was removed things were bound to improve imo

It’s because warnock wouldn’t drop Morrison regardless of his form or fitness. And dropping flint would show it was a poor £6mill signing. Things improved as soon as Nelson went in with flint. If Warnock wasn’t so stubborn he might still be the manager. It was clear to most fans that Morrison and flint were too slow and similar to play together and one of them should have been dropped much sooner.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:46 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

It’s because warnock wouldn’t drop Morrison regardless of his form or fitness. And dropping flint would show it was a poor £6mill signing. Things improved as soon as Nelson went in with flint. If Warnock wasn’t so stubborn he might still be the manager. It was clear to most fans that Morrison and flint were too slow and similar to play together and one of them should have been dropped much sooner.

Agreed. The failed Flint/Morrison partnership sums up the changes to Championship football. They would Marshall our one up top Glatzel strike force served by aerial balls very readily but against other systems now played they are not good enough. Sir Neils stubborness costly to him and us though did he really have a hunger?