Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Curtis Nelson

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:38 am

Morning blue birds, oxford fan here, i hope you don’t mind me posting, I am keeping eye on your results with our ex skipper now playing for you, was just wondering how you rate Curtis and how he’s been playing, I noticed the local paper gave him a 9/10 from forest game but was just wondering your thoughts! An absolute great player for us and a leader, always capable of getting a goal aswell. Have noticed Gavin hasn’t played much lately is down to the form of Lee Tomlin, hoping to get up and watch few games early next year. You never know we may get each other in the cup!!

Re: Curtis Nelson

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:17 am

Hes been absolutely superb at the back the last 3 games under Neil Harris. In my opinion he is the number one centre back on the team sheet every game at the moment.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:27 am

His first couple of games he look way off the standard However he got his chance when Morrison got injured and has played very well Still gets caught out out of position a few times Regarding Whyte his work rate can not be faulted but he does not seem to be anywhere near quick enough for this division and lightweight However I think when he adapts to the speed of the game in this division we may have a decent player

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:06 am

I couldn't understand why Nelson wasnt playing more from the off especially with Flint and Morrison such a poor partnership.

I think he's been a great signing.

Whyte has been OK, works hard but so far offers very little in the final third. Dissapointing so far for me but potential.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:14 am

I think the boy is a wingback in the making.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:06 pm

really wasn't sure about this fella early doors …
but has had 5 very decent games in a row under both managers since Morrison got injured.. its going to be tough to dislodge him..

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:09 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I think the boy is a wingback in the making.

I said the same about Whyte, although it felt like he was playing it under Warnock :lol:

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:13 pm

oufcfan wrote:Morning blue birds, oxford fan here, i hope you don’t mind me posting, I am keeping eye on your results with our ex skipper now playing for you, was just wondering how you rate Curtis and how he’s been playing, I noticed the local paper gave him a 9/10 from forest game but was just wondering your thoughts! An absolute great player for us and a leader, always capable of getting a goal aswell. Have noticed Gavin hasn’t played much lately is down to the form of Lee Tomlin, hoping to get up and watch few games early next year. You never know we may get each other in the cup!!

He's finding his feet, looks a cracking player, Whyte tries hard but looks a bit lightweight for the Championship at the moment and has lots of competition!