Tomlin yesterday

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tomlin yesterday

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:56 pm

Did anyone see Tomlin after final whistle go over to young city fan and give him a shirt! But also stayed around 5 mins to have selfies with other youngsters and chat to fathers as well... great to see he's beginning to feel part of the team.. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Tomlin yesterday

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Tomlin yesterday

Postby wez1927 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Did anyone see Tomlin after final whistle go over to young city fan and give him a shirt! But also stayed around 5 mins to have selfies with other youngsters and chat to fathers as well... great to see he's beginning to feel part of the team.. :thumbup:

He's important to us now
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:46 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Did anyone see Tomlin after final whistle go over to young city fan and give him a shirt! But also stayed around 5 mins to have selfies with other youngsters and chat to fathers as well... great to see he's beginning to feel part of the team.. :thumbup:

He's important to us now

It was a sight to behold after about 80mins him running at defenders from inside own half to their penalty area he was fcked until end game... :lol:
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He's important to us now

It was a sight to behold after about 80mins him running at defenders from inside own half to their penalty area he was fcked until end game... :lol:

Yes I was screaming “Go on!”
Frightened the Mrs to death in other room lol.
Great performance. Am I right in thinking this is the last year of his current contract?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:17 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He's important to us now

Great performance. Am I right in thinking this is the last year of his current contract?

Think got another year as no mention of it this season... but worth another short one if keeps standards up rest season
pembroke allan

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:30 pm

Yes it was right in front of us. The kid had a little sign saying "Tomlin is a Bluebird". It was a spare shirt with his name on that he must have gone over to the kit man to get. He was great with everyone.
JJ1927

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He's important to us now

Think got another year as no mention of it this season... but worth another short one if keeps standards up rest season

Great. Glad if true.
Deffo a player with the X factor.
He really seems to be enjoying himself and seems committed to the cause. I remember even when he was nowhere near the first team, Joe Ralls said in an interview that he’s brilliant to have around in training.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby BarryWelsh88 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:03 pm

Still can’t but feel a little underwhelmed by his performances over 90 minutes... the odd flash here and there but doesn’t take a game by the scruff of the neck. Hopefully as he becomes fitter and potentially more integral we will see an uplift in performance
BarryWelsh88

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:36 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Still can’t but feel a little underwhelmed by his performances over 90 minutes... the odd flash here and there but doesn’t take a game by the scruff of the neck. Hopefully as he becomes fitter and potentially more integral we will see an uplift in performance

:lol: :lol: :lol: just brilliant :notworthy:
pembroke allan

Postby wez1927 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He's important to us now

He was signed on a 3 year with an option of a 4th I believe
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:15 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He's important to us now

Ive never been sure what that means - if he wants another he can have one? Regardless of what club say / want?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:33 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He's important to us now

Ive never been sure what that means - if he wants another he can have one? Regardless of what club say / want?

No it's an option for club to give him an extension of same contract, saves club money as if they want to give new contract probably cost lot more in wages and of course longer contract so 1year extension is safer
option :old:
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:10 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He's important to us now

No it's an option for club to give him an extension of same contract, saves club money as if they want to give new contract probably cost lot more in wages and of course longer contract so 1year extension is safer

and LT has to comply if we trigger that?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Milkybarkid » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:32 am

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Still can’t but feel a little underwhelmed by his performances over 90 minutes... the odd flash here and there but doesn’t take a game by the scruff of the neck. Hopefully as he becomes fitter and potentially more integral we will see an uplift in performance

I am with you on this I am not sure he will ever take the game by the scruff of the neck Think he is the player who will have the touch of a genius every now and then and open up a defence As long as he is not much of a defence move liability he must be in the team He will leave many fans frustrated for 85 minutes and then do something magical
Milkybarkid

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:15 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He's important to us now

Only with terns whether he accepts is
upto him... guess it will depend if got better option? Only different if its between clubs then its binding bit like city Fulham with reid they have to take him as the terms of loan move have been met so they cannot back out
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He's important to us now

Great performance. Am I right in thinking this is the last year of his current contract?[/quote

Only with terns whether he accepts is
upto him... guess it will depend if got better option? Only different if its between clubs then its binding bit like city Fulham with reid they have to take him as the terms of loan move have been met so they cannot back out

Ok, thanks Al.
My gut feeling is that cash offer will be good enough for both parties. Think the length of contract and more importantly, the possibility of a club near his home come in for him, could be the possible sticking points.
bluebirdoct1962

Return to General Chat