Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Flint

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:23 am

Our fans love someone to hammer
Madine
Bacuna
Now flint anybody gonna give the lad credit for yesterday??

Solid yesterday along with peltier who (our non football knowledge fans) slag off constantly calling for him to be dropped were both superb yesterday. 2 clean sheets on the bounce, but they r both still shit,
Cos cardiff fans will love some players and if you take their spot they will hammer and hate u

Re: Flint

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:34 am

I think it's been said before, Flint I'd capable of having a good game or two but then it's followed by one where he struggles.

For me he isn't the answer struggles to often but that's not to say he isn't capable of having a very good game.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think it's been said before, Flint I'd capable of having a good game or two but then it's followed by one where he struggles.

For me he isn't the answer struggles to often but that's not to say he isn't capable of having a very good game.

He is one of those players who is great when its a backs to the wall job. Like much of the last hour yesterday. Its when the game is a bit more open that he seems to get caught out.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:28 pm

Been nowhere near our worst player this season...

Bogle
Bennett
NML
Madine
Whyte
Morrison
Paterson

AllOf the above have performed worse than flint over the course of the season so far

Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:10 pm

Not much between Flint and Morrison although i'd pick Morrison over Flint.

The issue was playing them together as they need a mobile better footballing partners as they are "stoppers" and you may well need one stopper you definitely don't need two. Morrison has benefited by having Sol or Bruno as his partner over the seasons.

The criticism should have been towards Warnock for playing them together. It's going to be interesting when Sol is ready do you go with the future of past.

Morrison and Nelson will be my preferred when fit duo.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:01 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I think it's been said before, Flint I'd capable of having a good game or two but then it's followed by one where he struggles.

He is one of those players who is great when its a backs to the wall job. Like much of the last hour yesterday. Its when the game is a bit more open that he seems to get caught out.

agree with that.

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:20 pm

We are backs against the wall in almost every game so he can’t be as bad as you numbskulls make out. Try supporting the man

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:36 pm

His record speaks for itself. Seven seasons in Championship and highest finish 7th.

Hes not good enough for where we aspire to be. He's now better than Morrison and playing them as a pair was a mistake. Shocking waste of £6 million. Defences need pace as strikers in 2019 are more likely to beat you for pace as most sides dont adopt an aerial policy. Nelson looking good though. And can pass which Flint seems unable to do.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:53 pm

The post above is gold... judging a players ability by where the team finishes... just when you think you’ve seen it all

Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:54 pm

The post above is gold... judging a players ability by where the team finishes... just when you think you’ve seen it all

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:16 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:The post above is gold... judging a players ability by where the team finishes... just when you think you’ve seen it all

Are you suggesting Flint is top drawer championship? He would be embarrassed in PL and we should be aspiring for better.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:05 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:His record speaks for itself. Seven seasons in Championship and highest finish 7th.

Hes not good enough for where we aspire to be. He's now better than Morrison and playing them as a pair was a mistake. Shocking waste of £6 million. Defences need pace as strikers in 2019 are more likely to beat you for pace as most sides dont adopt an aerial policy. Nelson looking good though. And can pass which Flint seems unable to do.

and nml, Etheridge, Bamba.. prior to joing us none of them had finished higher than 7th either...
as for Nelson...300 hundred odd league games and just the last 6 at this level , he might as well not bother ?

Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:23 am

dogfound wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:His record speaks for itself. Seven seasons in Championship and highest finish 7th.

and nml, Etheridge, Bamba.. prior to joing us none of them had finished higher than 7th either...
as for Nelson...300 hundred odd league games and just the last 6 at this level , he might as well not bother ?

Others mentioned aren't 30 and haven't cost £6 million though. I agree that where team finishes alone is not the be all and end all but still don't see value to us. It's yet another big money outlay that we will never recoup. Realistically what is a thirty two year old Flint worth in two years time with a year left on his contract?

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:27 am

BarryWelsh88 wrote:The post above is gold... judging a players ability by where the team finishes... just when you think you’ve seen it all

I agree with you, this statement is nonsense.

For me though, Morrison is by far the better centre half in terms of playing ability, defending and leadership.
Playing him with a fit Bamba or trying him with Nelson is the partnership I’d like to see.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:01 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Others mentioned aren't 30 and haven't cost £6 million though. I agree that where team finishes alone is not the be all and end all but still don't see value to us. It's yet another big money outlay that we will never recoup. Realistically what is a thirty two year old Flint worth in two years time with a year left on his contract?

he is in the team , other clubs { loads of other smaller clubs actually } have spent much much more on players that ended up playing less than flint has already played..