Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can the Neil Harris HATERS please stand up........

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Three games don't make a season, but not a bad start for a manager that was vilified by some on this board even before he walked through the door.

He's had a great start but if you still think he's crap say it now!

Doomsters, gloomsters and naysayers.....you now have a forum! :bluebird:

Re: Can the Neil Harris HATERS please stand up........

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:38 pm

I was not happy at all at the appointment, but as soon as I watched his first press conference I knew he was the right man.

Let’s not get carried away, we all know a new manager gets the usual lift in the dressing room. But I must say I have been very impressed with the changes he’s made to our play and line up so far. And let’s not forget we’ve got Ralls, Jazz, Whyte and Glatzel all yet to come back.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:41 pm

I hated him before the first game. I am a massive fan of his now, really pleased to change my mind. Love him haha

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:45 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:Three games don't make a season, but not a bad start for a manager that was vilified by some on this board even before he walked through the door.

He's had a great start but if you still think he's crap say it now!

Doomsters, gloomsters and naysayers.....you now have a forum! :bluebird:

It's a great start and he deserves credit for it but he needs to do it over a longer period before people start going OTT.

Playoffs is obviously the target so let's give him some time to prove he is the right man.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:57 pm

I think considering this is not his squad, a top ten place would be a reasonable success at the end of the season. I am guessing the Jan transfer window will not be easy as I assume he will have to offload players before he can bring new ones in. Not sure why there was so much negativity about his appointment. As I said a few weeks back, at least give him a fair chance to show us what he can do, and he can't be expected to turn everything around in a month or so.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:04 pm

Great start but performances are no different to under the previous manager i want to see progression and will judge after time... will you still love him if we lose the next three? a great start is all it is so far with performances average

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:07 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Great start but performances are no different to under the previous manager i want to see progression and will judge after time... will you still love him if we lose the next three? a great start is all it is so far with performances average

Defence looks a lot better for one jesus mind 2 clean sheets in a row and your still moaning I didnt want harris in but how can anybody complain because we were going nowhere under warnock

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:12 pm

Pointless post, enjoy the win, why try and stir it up. I wasn’t overly pleased but I’m glad he’s had a good start. It’s a great away win today and that’s all that matters.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:14 pm

I hope he proves me wrong but now a bad start and I am still slightly concerned and still would not have been my choice but will enjoy Harris proving me totally wrong

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:19 pm

First away win he’s doing something right, unfortunately our fans are massive faggots these days and we’ll never please them.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:22 pm

Rome wasn't built in a day, but I just got pissed off with so many negative coments before we even gave the man a chance.

I for one will back any Manager of our great club until I see fit to do otherwise.

So far so good but it is still early days, but as always I have faith. :bluebird:

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:28 pm

I don't think there were too many 'haters'; just plenty of underwhelmed at the appointment

Equally to be fair, most said they would "give him a chance and get behind him and the team"

One swallow does not a summer make and as welcoming as 7 pts from a possible 9 pts is, there should be a balanced approach to Neil Harris' City start because as sure as night follows day, many of the same people on a current high would be hitting the depths of despair had the results not been immediate

A good start but a little expectation creeping in and that won't bode well come the first poor result (not necessarily display) ;)

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:28 pm

First away win at a side in top four ...result first , performance second ...
Simon Jordan said on Talksport that some of the senior pros were just seeing out their contracts under Warnock and that showed on the pitch ....Jan transfer could get interesting for a few especially as Harris thinks squad is too big !

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Let's just enjoy the win :bluebird:

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:33 pm

There's a few on this platform no doubt that are gutted he's got off to good start.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:35 pm

He's done ever so well and let's look forward to being in the top 6 by xmas

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:39 pm

I too was underwhelmed and confused by the choice but every time I’ve heard his press conferences, after each game, and each time I hear players speak about him my confidence in him has grown. The one thing we certainly needed was to become more organised and the early signs are good. He’s also got the team playing with more energy and inspiration. Let’s hope this continues as he might prove to be a shrewd appointment by the club who may have seen something in him most of us missed

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:43 pm

I know the majority of people were very underwhelmed by his appointment (myself included) and wanted someone else, but I don't recall many fans and people on the forum saying they wouldn't give him a chance when he was appointed, and if I remember correctly there was a lot of praise after he did his first press conference. Im happy to see Harris doing well and long may it continue but its 3 games lets see where we are at the end of the season (Hopefully in the play offs) ;) :lol:

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:51 pm

jonesybluebird wrote:First away win he’s doing something right, unfortunately our fans are massive faggots these days and we’ll never please them.

Any need for that word mate

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:59 pm

Good start

But why did the players stop playing for Warnock because they never put in that much effort like today since the promotion season.

It's the players playing again not the manager in my view. They have always been good enough for top 6 they just didnt want it

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:10 pm

New manager effect. Not expecting much in the long run but hope im wrong.

There, I stood up.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:14 pm

thomasblue wrote:Good start

But why did the players stop playing for Warnock because they never put in that much effort like today since the promotion season.

It's the players playing again not the manager in my view. They have always been good enough for top 6 they just didnt want it

Unfortunately NW teams drop off after 2 seasons so no coincidence same happens at city! It cannot be easy trying to play NW way season after season, tbh players looked knackered and needed a change of playing style ...

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:24 pm

thomasblue wrote:Good start

A freshness was needed and the new manager has provided that. It’s hard picking a team up after relegation and maybe they needed this change to get them going. For whatever reason, we failed to be organised and solid in the latter stages of Warnock reign. Whilst I believed he’d turn it around, I did worry that maybe Warnock himself didn’t quite have the energy for it anymore. A rest may do him good and he may well be back at it again at another club...I just hope it’s not in the same league as us

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:55 pm

jonesybluebird wrote:First away win he’s doing something right, unfortunately our fans are massive faggots these days and we’ll never please them.

Wow

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:42 pm

Said we would finish top 6 at start of season and that Jacks will be lower mid table between 12-16 and I stick by that.

Playoffs here we come :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:48 pm

phildavies wrote:Said we would finish top 6 at start of season and that Jacks will be lower mid table between 12-16 and I stick by that.

What about Fulham?

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Yes i was a doubter but now I’m not so sure.
Fair play he’s doing well,glad there’s not a woolworth window any more!

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:05 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
phildavies wrote:Said we would finish top 6 at start of season and that Jacks will be lower mid table between 12-16 and I stick by that.

What about Fulham?

Will end up outside the playoffs like I said and below us as they have been for years now despite so many bumming them on here.

WBA winning this league but will be intresting to see who finishes second when Leeds slip up and end up in the playoffs.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:20 pm

phildavies wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

What about Fulham?

Will end up outside the playoffs like I said and below us as they have been for years now despite so many bumming them on here.

WBA winning this league but will be intresting to see who finishes second when Leeds slip up and end up in the playoffs.

I think WBA are the best team in the league from what I've seen. Something tells me Leeds will do it this year as their defence is a lot stronger. I have tbh I don't see how Fulham don't get in the play offs just due to the quality they have in their squad but we'll see, its a long season. As long as we're there that's all that matters :lol: :bluescarf:

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:40 pm

So much wrong with this I don't even know where to start.

The title for one, hates a strong word.

I can't remember a single thread of anyone saying they hate Harris on here?