Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chopra Out 2-3 Months

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Personally im gutted. But with the depth in our squad now perhaps its not a major blow. Thoughts?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... hopra.html

Re: Chopra Out 2-3 Months

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:24 pm

I am gutted, We need him, I hope Ross is not Sold or loaned to another Club, personally I would give Ross another chance.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:26 pm

I agree, I think that if ross is allowed to play up front, not out wide like he did allot last season, he may well regain that sharpness that saw him bury 20+ goals

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:33 pm

marshall

kev....hudson....riggot.....naylor

bellamy.....oli....koumas......burke

...........ross.........bothroyd..

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:35 pm

chippy909 wrote:marshall

kev....Blake....loovens.....naylor

*fixed :D

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:38 pm

The Douce wrote:
chippy909 wrote:marshall

kev....Collins....loovens.....naylor

Refixed :D

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:41 pm

chippy909 wrote:
The Douce wrote:
chippy909 wrote:hart

kev....terry....puyol.....evra

bellamy.....gerrard....fabregas......messi

...........villa.........rooney..

Refixed :D

This could go on for hours... lol

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:06 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/default.stm
Tried to get a pic of the tackle, you can just about see the player goes in two footed and studs up, and the ref does abs fcuk all. disgusting challenge imo

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:20 am

Right in front of that idiot too.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:37 am

This is bad news.

Atleast we got a bit of depth now.

Give a chance for Ross to get back on form.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:00 am

Personally I think it solves the problem with the dynamic of the team and squad. Until chopra went off we were second best, once Burke came on there was a better shape and balance to t team and we ultimately then tan riot. There is also a case for saying belays talents could be wasted at this level out wide and that his natural place in the team should be as the talisman up front with bothroyd.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:58 am

That b*stard Wayne Thomas should be charged by the FA. The ref clearly missed it (God knows how!) so he can be punished retrospectively. He should be banned for as long as Chopra is out. He is now on the Wilts hated list along with Claude Davis and the supporters and and players of the wurzels and jacks.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:59 am

I heard Ross's fee was only £660k - a snip and I think we should retain him and play him with Chops being out to bump his transfer value up at the least. Gutted for chops - it was a hospital pass from Bellamy at the beginning that put him in 50/50 tackle that he got injured in.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:41 am

I know this sounds strange but at least he is out now when everyone else is fit. I'd stick Burke on the right like we did when Chopra came off and then bring McCormack on as a sub for the last 30 mins with Koumas to tear the defences up.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:42 am

Zabier wrote:I know this sounds strange but at least he is out now when everyone else is fit. I'd stick Burke on the right like we did when Chopra came off and then bring McCormack on as a sub for the last 30 mins with Koumas to tear the defences up.

I'm with you on that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:46 am

This gives Mc Cormack a chance to prove Jones wrong unless DJ goes for an emergency loan as cover ? :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:47 am

Surely Ross has to stay now ? fee ridiculously low anyway !!

cant believe Chops is oit for so long , thought it was only weeks :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:07 am

where did you here this as DJ said after the scan it was only ankle ligament damage and he was out for 2-3 weeks

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:13 am

Chops changed his pic now too the tackle, guy from the grandstand caught it. i hope the club does something

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:48 am

Terrible tackle right infront of the ref, how he didnt see how high the fella came in on him il never know. Gutted for Chops we all know how big of a year it is for everyone involved in the club and how much he gives for the team.

Am i wrong in thinking we have agreed and undisclosed fee with Leeds for Rosco? If so can we still pull out of the deal or is it soley down to the player now? I hope we don't let the lad go I think he can do a top job for us up front/on the wing if we put bellamy up there.

Echo states he's starting tonight against Peterborough (if we can beleive that after they said Jon Meades was a cert starter for the last round and that Martin John came in) and hopefully he does a job and stays. Suppose only time will tell.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:12 pm

gutted for chopra. get well soon mate.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:14 pm

Gutting!! we need some backup!

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:15 pm

that was a stonewall penalty..absolutely shocking tackle. Gets worse everytime i see it. terrible ball from Bellamy but all is forgiven..

hope Chops makes a speedy recovery :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Is this actually true? You'd have thought the press would be on it by now.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:44 pm

damnedyank wrote:Is this actually true? You'd have thought the press would be on it by now.

Not to answer my own question, but "Jones will be keen to add to his options up-front after it also emerged that Michael Chopra will be out for a minimum of six weeks with an ankle injury."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -27130527/

So probably 2 months, the way these thigns go.