Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Forget his links to the IRA

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:57 pm

Not sure having cream cake with IRA leaders is cosying up to them but doing it at houses of parliament is taking the mick... :shock:

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Not sure having cream cake with IRA leaders is cosying up to them but doing it at houses of parliament is taking the mick... :shock:

it wasn't just he invited them...it was the timing.
the Brighton bomb had not long murdered and maimed fellow MPs.
what goes through this mans mind I don't know. thought that behaviour would be repulsive to absolutely everyone. but some excuse him.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:08 pm

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Not sure having cream cake with IRA leaders is cosying up to them but doing it at houses of parliament is taking the mick... :shock:

what goes through this mans mind I don't know. thought that behaviour would be repulsive to absolutely everyone. but some excuse him.

Mmmm stupid man but probably sums him up do anything to get power and be noticed even having cuppa with known terror organisation. :old:

Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:26 pm

dogfound wrote:

A man whose campaigning as an MP focused especially on the miscarriages of justice and state-led abuses (the Birmingham Six, Guildford Four, the multitude of statute-led abuses permitted by 1974’s Prevention of Terrorism Act) should be seen as a real political asset.

And with Brexit now putting the Irish border back on the political agenda, I would far sooner see a politician in office who seeks to understand all sides, possessed of an unwavering belief in the power of dialogue and negotiation to solve political ills, than an authoritarian PM who believes the border issue will vanish by mere wishing.

If there was any truth in all this guff spouted by his political opponents or the Tory press he would be long gone by now.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:56 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

A man whose campaigning as an MP focused especially on the miscarriages of justice and state-led abuses (the Birmingham Six, Guildford Four, the multitude of statute-led abuses permitted by 1974’s Prevention of Terrorism Act) should be seen as a real political asset.

And with Brexit now putting the Irish border back on the political agenda, I would far sooner see a politician in office who seeks to understand all sides, possessed of an unwavering belief in the power of dialogue and negotiation to solve political ills, than an authoritarian PM who believes the border issue will vanish by mere wishing.

If there was any truth in all this guff spouted by his political opponents or the Tory press he would be long gone by now.

Christ you must have spent ages convincing yourself of this..
you can understand someones point of view /aims and still be disgusted at some of their actions..
and no, he wouldn't be gone because people like yourself either deny or would forgive him anything....hear no evil see no evil..

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:24 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

you can understand someones point of view /aims and still be disgusted at some of their actions..
and no, he wouldn't be gone because people like yourself either deny or would forgive him anything....hear no evil see no evil..

No but unlike most on here I've read widely on this subject just to see if there's any facts surrounding the claims made by people who oppose him.I invite you to do the same as I'm more than willing to learn better.

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:29 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

No but unlike most on here I've read widely on this subject just to see if there's any facts surrounding the claims made by people who oppose him.I invite you to do the same as I'm more than willing to learn better.

he did condemn the Warrington bombs ?
didn't invite convicted terrorists to Westminster 3 weeks after Brighton ?
or was he key to the good Friday agreement ?

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:53 am

dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

he did condemn the Warrington bombs ?
didn't invite convicted terrorists to Westminster 3 weeks after Brighton ?
or was he key to the good Friday agreement ?

I'm not gonna argue with you as it's pointless but I will say for myself I always read widely before I post a view as I prefer an informed view however unpalatable it may seem on this particular forum.