Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hal Robson Kanu considers

Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:46 pm

Coming out of international retirement.
Please don’t mate,let’s remember you as someone who scored now and again for Wales.

Re: Hal Robson Kanu considers

Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:52 pm

Doing alright this season to be fair.

Would be hard for him to start for us again though, with Kieffer Moore playing well in international matches - if not doing so well for his club.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:38 pm

Nah you don’t come out of retirement because we’ve qualified your not that good that you should take somebody’s place.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:04 am

Llan_Blue wrote:Nah you don’t come out of retirement because we’ve qualified your not that good that you should take somebody’s place.

I agree

Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:22 am

The big question is does any one deserve to be dropped to make way for him. Me thinks not.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:33 pm

genuinely cant see who he would replace and at his age he isnt going to get better by summer 2020

Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:45 pm

Rather have Hal than Tom Lawrence

Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:07 pm

If he couldn't be bother for the qualifiers then I don't see why we should use him now.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If he couldn't be bother for the qualifiers then I don't see why we should use him now.

Spot on, he’s a glory hunter

Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:35 pm

Retire after failing to reach the world cup and then conveniently come out of retirement when we qualify for the euro's. No thanks. The only reason he should be considered is if certain players get injured before the squad is announced. I don't think it would be good for squad morale if someone who has made themselves available for qualifiers/friendlies is replaced by someone who only wants to play because we qualified for a tournament.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:43 pm

No thanks.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:41 pm

There’s easily 30+ players in front of him, get to the back of the queue

Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:16 pm

As much as i admired his goal against belgium he came over to us fans and wanted us to chant hal robson, hal robson kanu he thought at the time that calls where going to come flooding in to sign him after the belgium game,
You don't have to encourage the crowd to sing your name, that put me off him.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:50 am

Love Him To Return A Great Talent And A Great Character, Good Luck To Him. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pm

It would be an absolute disgrace if he made the squad for the Euros next year.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:31 pm

RV Casual wrote:It would be an absolute disgrace if he made the squad for the Euros next year.

Agreed, if he's included it means one of the players who worked so hard to get us there would be left at home.

I think HRK must have delusions of grandeur ! You might make an exception for a Ramsey, Bale, etc., but he isn't anywhere near that class and never will be.

If HRK gets picked it will mean that Vokes, Moore, James, Bale, Brookes, Ramsey, Wilson or Lawrence will have to be left behind. It won't, and shouldn't, happen.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:53 pm

he was asked a question towards the end of a long general interview....lots about his career..how he came to play for Wales and of course 2016..

then....but no more internationals ?
ANSWER } ive been speaking about making myself available to them again if at any time they felt I could contribute...

tbh I think that fair enough...there if needed..and we really don't know who might be available or not after another 30 odd games this season..

Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:10 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Retire after failing to reach the world cup and then conveniently come out of retirement when we qualify for the euro's. No thanks. The only reason he should be considered is if certain players get injured before the squad is announced. I don't think it would be good for squad morale if someone who has made themselves available for qualifiers/friendlies is replaced by someone who only wants to play because we qualified for a tournament.

My concern is didn't the welsh manager did that a lot too never played friendlies and turn up for a big game only

Should remembered for that goal he scored against Belgium

Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:16 pm

valleyrambill wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Retire after failing to reach the world cup and then conveniently come out of retirement when we qualify for the euro's. No thanks. The only reason he should be considered is if certain players get injured before the squad is announced. I don't think it would be good for squad morale if someone who has made themselves available for qualifiers/friendlies is replaced by someone who only wants to play because we qualified for a tournament.

My concern is didn't the welsh manager did that a lot too never played friendlies and turn up for a big game only

yes he always turned up for the important games..

Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:51 pm

If we have 3 centre forwards in the squad as Giggs has been, I'd pick him along with Moore and Vokes over Tyler Roberts.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:49 pm

valleyrambill wrote:

Let’s not take a dig at the welsh manager with more winners medals then you can count and then praise somebody who thinks he’s better then he is because he pulled off a cryuff turn once in his career.

Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
valleyrambill wrote:

Let’s not take a dig at the welsh manager with more winners medals then you can count and then praise somebody who thinks he’s better then he is because he pulled off a cryuff turn once in his career.

think he could have played more.. but not enough to deserve the amount of grief he gets.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:44 pm

We aren’t blessed with strikers at the moment are we ? Would he replace Moore ? No but what happens if Moore is injured or suspended who else do we have ? Come on it’s not as if we have strikers by the bucket load. Get over yourself he was suffering with injuries that were threatening his career I believe. But I saw in an advert he is now taking cacumin which I know is good and it’s helped him and I’m going off track now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:37 am

Given we handled Lawrence's drink driving as if it didn't happen and we have a manager who didn't do friendlies, or a tournament as a player, I'd say hed be in the reckoning if form and injuries meant we were short. It's one for May though not now.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:35 am

Probably not but if we lost Moore and vokes before the tournament we might be begging to play!

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:36 am

I absolutely get people’s points that it’s wrong that he just turns up to a tournament after missing all the qualifiers.

However. My one slight criticism of this fabulous young welsh side is the naivety and general inexperience. You imagine when we play the Turks and Italians we may well need someone like HRK to put himself about and use his experience in what could well be very physical and intense matches.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:30 pm

Ninianman wrote:Coming out of international retirement.
Please don’t mate,let’s remember you as someone who scored now and again for Wales.

He's crap if we need him, we've had it!