Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If the election was today, who would you prefer to become Prime Minister?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: OT POLL: BORIS OR CORBYN AT THIS POINT?

Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Jock wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Why do the BBC fill a studio full of (young) anti conservatives, and show such disrespect to the Prime Minister and put in largely red herrings and questions which just do not address the real issues in this election?

Why won’t the BBC allow the PM to promote his manifesto and when he talks sense on Brexit and the economy he’s shouted down and interrupted. (Except for one last moment thankfully)

Boris Johnson should be applauded for not rising to such inflammatory and largely irrelevant hysterical outbursts.

Fiona Bruce has been appalling and atypical of the BBC; the average age of this leftist audience is such an imbalance of the nation.

Woe betide the electorate at large take notice of this absolute anti Tory propaganda.

The BBC have never forgiven the Tories for precipitating Brexit. The BBC are so left wing it’s cringing and unwittingly therefore are promoting a Marxist revolution which would ruin the country which would be ruinous.

The audience was full of lefty plants who made life easy for Corbyn.
Scotland voted 55%-45% to remain in the U.K. but the seven Scots who asked “questions “ of Sturgeon were all Seperatist Natz scum, not one Unionist. Fiona Bruce struggles to hide her disgust at Johnson and is far from impartial.

The BBC has not been impartial for many years. That's why I didn't even bother to watch last night's programme. I stopped watching the BBC news years back for the same reason. The annoying thing is that I have to pay for the nonsense this channel continually spouts. If the BBC want to act like The Daily Mirror or The Sun or any other newspaper that are unashamedly biased in their views, they should not receive public funding to do so. About time they were forced to stand on their own feet.

Steve I’ve not paid the licence for 15 years but my telly still works, don’t even feel guilty when I watch Blue Planet :lol:

Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:53 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:Have to say o just watched the Question Time debate and Corbyn was given a relatively easy time in comparison to Boris

'Plants' in the audience? :?

I don't know but I do think it's what this country's media are becoming...judge, jury and executioner :cry:

only see JC and Sturgeon...she was ok but predictable.. didn't think he did very well mate.. according to a couple of pple on here Borris was worse ?

Didn't think either of the 'Big Two' did particularly well, tbh :thumbup:

However, I did feel that Corbyn was spoon-fed some questions he could easily answer without answering and get away with it (if that makes sense) and Boris was 'targeted' in a seemingly deliberate way

Corbyn's "I'll remain neutral even though I slated the EU before I realised I could further my own career" claims should truly worry us, as it means he is 'happy' to sit on the fence and see which way any new decision goes (I thought we decided in 2016?) before making a decision. He said he wouldn't even back his own (should it happen) Brexit deal :shock:

Boris actually batted off a few inane questions quite well and, IMHO, finished his time the better and more robust of the two with his "We need to move on..." comments

As for the other two?

Sturgeon usually speaks well in her field (Scotland) but I've long thought the Liberal lady would cost her Party seats with her superior demeanour and 'changed' views and I didn't see anything that changed my view

Going to be interesting times ahead, as the signals are for another 'hung' Parliament and that will be good for no one other than those who wish to block progress

Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:03 pm

Still neither. The Plaid Cymru manifesto puts Wales and its future first, with English Conservatives and English Labour, Wales is an afterthought. :thumbup:

Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:08 pm

That’s why they tend to come last in many constituencies ..

Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:39 pm

rumpo kid wrote:That’s why they tend to come last in many constituencies ..

The usual type of response from those brainwashed into voting for the English nationalist parties.... :thumbright:

Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Popeye Bluebird wrote:

The usual type of response from those brainwashed into voting for the English nationalist parties.... :thumbright:

Thought it was Welsh Labour who were in power in Wales.

Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Women have had their pension age moved to 66.That's £168 x 52 x6 =£52416 yes thats right £52416 .Men have lost £8736.Get Brexit done LOL
I'm laughing I'm 67 /I get my state pension and company pension.Keep working lads and pay your N.I stamp so I can live in comfort.
Don't forget GET BREXIT DONE
p. s. None of the main parties have offered a solution

Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Popeye Bluebird wrote:

The term Welsh Labour is a massive contradiction......it's an English party :thumbright:

Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Popeye Bluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Popeye Bluebird wrote:

The term Welsh Labour is a massive contradiction......it's an English party :thumbright:

welsh speakers only.. :thumbup:

Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:51 pm

Popeye Bluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Popeye Bluebird wrote:

I thought they were a British party.

Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:16 pm

stickywicket wrote:Women have had their pension age moved to 66.That's £168 x 52 x6 =£52416 yes thats right £52416 .Men have lost £8736.Get Brexit done LOL
I'm laughing I'm 67 /I get my state pension and company pension.Keep working lads and pay your N.I stamp so I can live in comfort.

Bully for you... : :binky:

Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Popeye Bluebird wrote:

Nah.. it’s just that Plaid are a bunch of fruitcakes.

Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:42 pm

rumpo kid wrote:
Popeye Bluebird wrote:

I suppose your attempt of trying to participate in any meaningful discussion speaks volumes for your total lack of knowledge, ignorance and gullibility.....Nice one :thumbright:

Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:43 pm

stickywicket wrote:Women have had their pension age moved to 66.That's £168 x 52 x6 =£52416 yes thats right £52416 .Men have lost £8736.Get Brexit done LOL

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: get Brexit done :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: yea ok.....it's never ever going to happen :thumbup: :wave: EVER :thumbup:

Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:44 pm

Popeye Bluebird wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
Popeye Bluebird wrote:

I suppose your attempt of trying to participate in any meaningful discussion speaks volumes for your total lack of knowledge, ignorance and gullibility.....Nice one :thumbright:[/quot

I like Ivor the Engine... doesn’t that count for something.

Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:57 pm

" This Country " :roll:

Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:22 am

Saw this on social media last week.

Plaid Cymru's general election campaign November (2019)

Cymru Am Byth??????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:59 am

Popeye Bluebird wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
Popeye Bluebird wrote:

I suppose your attempt of trying to participate in any meaningful discussion speaks volumes for your total lack of knowledge, ignorance and gullibility.....Nice one :thumbright:

You ducked every question I asked you so it’s a bit rich you slabbering about meaningful discussion. You remind me of the Scots Natz freedumb at any price, end evil English rule but it’s ok to be subservient to the Frogs and the Krauts.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:42 am

Make of this what you will - but here is the BBC reporting on that post and the person in it (I think)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-50453053

"Plaid Cymru has suspended a party member included in its party election broadcast over allegations of anti-Semitism.

The party said it will conduct an investigation into historical social media comments made by Sahar Al-Faifi.

Ms Al-Faifi appeared in Plaid Cymru's party political broadcast for the general election, which aired on BBC Wales, ITV Wales and S4C on Thursday.

The party said it will not tolerate anti-Semitism or racism "in any form".

Ms Al-Faifa has been asked to comment on the posts, which were deleted some time ago.

A simple guide to Plaid Cymru
Labour candidate probed over anti-Semitism claims
Tories stand by candidate over Facebook post
In the broadcast, she said: "Activists, it's us," in a reference to Plaid's slogan for the election campaign: "Wales, it's us."

Since the party election broadcast, Sahar Al-Faifi has been accused on social media of making anti-Semitic Facebook and Twitter comments between 2012 and 2014.

Plaid Cymru said: "We have taken immediate action to suspend the person in question. We will investigate all allegations.

"Plaid Cymru will not tolerate anti-Semitism, racism or intolerance in any form. That includes the appalling abuse the individual has been subject to. It is not a part of the Wales we want to build."

She has also appeared on broadcasts for BBC Wales discussing her faith."

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:33 pm

I find it hard to believe that many of the posters on here consider themselves Welsh. But just in case, here’s some stats regarding the different parties manifestos and their mention of Wales in them.
@Plaid_Cymru: 232
@LibDems: 22
@UKLabour: 16
@Conservatives: 15
@TheGreenParty: 15
@brexitparty_uk: 0
You can take from this what you want, but Wales is no more than an afterthought for the London based parties.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:35 pm

BlueGog wrote:I find it hard to believe that many of the posters on here consider themselves Welsh. But just in case, here’s some stats regarding the different parties manifestos and their mention of Wales in them.
You can take from this what you want, but Wales is no more than an afterthought for the London based parties.

And you expected plaid to mention Wales less than any other party? :laughing6:

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:47 pm

pembroke allan"][quote="BlueGog wrote:I find it hard to believe that many of the posters on here consider themselves Welsh. But just in case, here’s some stats regarding the different parties manifestos and their mention of Wales in them.

And you expected plaid to mention Wales less than any other party? :laughing6:[/quote]
It's a bit like asking the SNP's Ian Blackman whether he mentions 'Scotland' at every opportunity (often regardless of the question being asked)

"We in Scotland..." is his staple answer! :lol:

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:57 pm

BlueGog wrote:I find it hard to believe that many of the posters on here consider themselves Welsh. But just in case, here’s some stats regarding the different parties manifestos and their mention of Wales in them.

this is the same bunch that think you can charge the English 5 grand per household per year for water...
so my guess is limited vocabulary.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:10 pm

You’ll always find it hard...Nationalists usually end up disappointed in others refusal to embrace their limited horizon.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Plaid literally have Wales in their name. Of course it is said more!!! ;-)

Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:00 pm

rumpo kid wrote:

You’ll always find it hard...Nationalists usually end up disappointed in others refusal to embrace their limited horizon.

Think hard! Who has the limited horizon my friend? You want to keep the Welsh living as second class citizens in their own country, living off handouts from our colonial masters, living with limited powers unable to take our place as an independent nation amongst the other nations of the world. You obviously believe Westminster knows what's best for little old Wales, that we are too small, too stupid and too poor to stand up for ourselves. Now that's what I call a limited horizon.
Why not open your eyes, widen your horizon and picture Wales joining all the other free nations of the world. The world is our oyster!
p.s I suppose it's England for you in the Euros, it certainly follows a theme :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:05 pm

I bet you would find it just as hard to believe that we don't all have an in built hatred of England. Many of us (the majority if elections are anything to go by), consider ourselves to be British as well as Welsh. I certainly won't be wasting my vote on an irrelevant party who will probably get around 150k votes throughout Wales from the 2.25m people eligible to vote.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

I bet you would find it just as hard to believe that we don't all have an in built hatred of England. Many of us (the majority if elections are anything to go by), consider ourselves to be British as well as Welsh. I certainly won't be wasting my vote on an irrelevant party who will probably get around 150k votes throughout Wales from the 2.25m people eligible to vote.

You are probably correct regarding the voting intentions. Plaid simply can't compete with the coverage that the big parties get and this will probable once again been seen in the results. Although, I do forsee an increase in our MPs.
I don't have any problem with England and certainly no hatred. My problem is with Westminster. Wales will once again in this election get a government it didn't vote for.
As for being 'British' name me one 'British' tradition? I think you'll find that Britain = England

Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:26 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

You are probably correct regarding the voting intentions. Plaid simply can't compete with the coverage that the big parties get and this will probable once again been seen in the results. Although, I do forsee an increase in our MPs.
I don't have any problem with England and certainly no hatred. My problem is with Westminster. Wales will once again in this election get a government it didn't vote for.
As for being 'British' name me one 'British' tradition? I think you'll find that Britain = England

I'm quite grateful being part of the UK. Being retired, I find my bus pass a great help, and health problems mean my free prescriptions come in very useful. Without the help of the English taxpayers, I doubt if this assistance would be available. With less than 1.5m people employed in Wales, many in low paid jobs, these sort of services would be very difficult to maintain with the tax revenue raised this side of the bridge. Things are far from perfect I agree, but would be far worse if we were not part of a "United" Kingdom.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:32 pm

BlueGog wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:

Think hard! Who has the limited horizon my friend? You want to keep the Welsh living as second class citizens in their own country, living off handouts from our colonial masters, living with limited powers unable to take our place as an independent nation amongst the other nations of the world. You obviously believe Westminster knows what's best for little old Wales, that we are too small, too stupid and too poor to stand up for ourselves. Now that's what I call a limited horizon.
Why not open your eyes, widen your horizon and picture Wales joining all the other free nations of the world. The world is our oyster!
p.s I suppose it's England for you in the Euros, it certainly follows a theme :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Er, I’m English born..but unlike you and the other bigot on here, I bear no ill will to other UK countries and it’s peoples.

Even when they specialise in handball.