Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If the election was today, who would you prefer to become Prime Minister?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: OT POLL: BORIS OR CORBYN AT THIS POINT?

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:24 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:Josh i note you use Tesla as a bashing stick blaming its decision to open a new factory in Germany on Brexit.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Germany is seen as the heart of the automotive industry.

That industry in Germany has slowed down, Tesla believe the automotive industry needs a complete shake up ref: new technologies etc.....

Where better than to start that shake up than in the very heart of the automotive industry, elon has said himself thats why he chose Germany.

Plus the Germans bent over backwards to accommodate them.

So now I'm sure you'll agree its zero, buggar all, absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.

So just to confirm that even though he said 'Brexit made it too risky to put a gigafactory in the uk' it has 'bugger all' to do with brexit? Ok then.

The reason Tesla went to Germany was down to money. Check out the German incentives and grants for electric vehicles. I suppose it's easier to concentrate on a company who have opted not to open a factory in the UK than someone like Aston Martin, especially if the latter does not suit your agenda. Easier to concentrate on one reason why Tesla may be in Germany rather than here, instead of copying and pasting the numerous other reasons why Germany was chosen. Just hope the workers in the new German factory don't wish to be in any union.

Strewth, fella. You keep digging that hole and you'll pop up in Australia soon! :oops:
The owner has literally said that it's not being built here because of brexit so you either have to A) Think he's lying (you then have to ask why he'd say it in the first place and not just give one of your many reasons) or B) ?

Big deal Tesla gone Germany because unsure about what effect Brexit will have on car prices? Why didn't Aston Martin build in Germany or any other country instead of Britain if Brexit had such a big effect and musnt forget bridgend getting new car plant building electric cars! Companies go where biggest incentives are and that normally is the way and Tesla no exception.... :thumbup:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:26 pm

Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:Josh i note you use Tesla as a bashing stick blaming its decision to open a new factory in Germany on Brexit.

That industry in Germany has slowed down, Tesla believe the automotive industry needs a complete shake up ref: new technologies etc.....

Where better than to start that shake up than in the very heart of the automotive industry, elon has said himself thats why he chose Germany.

So now I'm sure you'll agree its zero, buggar all, absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.

So just to confirm that even though he said 'Brexit made it too risky to put a gigafactory in the uk' it has 'bugger all' to do with brexit? Ok then.

Josh keep asking but you keep swerving, how can a blinkered remainiac like yourself put your trust in Corbyn, when he’s stated he’d smash the EU?

I have answered before, he's said he'd be neutral in a second referendum. Putting it back to the people and putting the country over your own beliefs should be applauded imo.
I suppose you think Boris Johnsons pro EU article in case remain won is completely different because you're putting your trust in him?

Can you also grow up on the name calling please.
Name calling?
You suppose wrong I’ve stated many times I’m not a Johnson fan, you seem to confuse criticism of Corbyn with support for other politicians. Corbyn is not putting the country first ,he’s putting his own political ambition first, he’s been an opponent of the “Bankers Europe” all his political life because it’s the direct opposite of what hes always believed in but heyho there’s a chance of becoming PM........so he no longer wants to “smash the EU” and you’re so blinkered you refuse to recognise it.

I think 'remainiac' is name calling, don't you?
You might not like Johnson but you have said you're voting for him so I still feel that the question is pertinent and I bet you can't name a single leader who 100% wants every single policy in their manifesto.

You can't call me blinkered when you have a go at Corbyn for not liking the EU but Johnson has said he likes the EU and you're refusing to recognise it and will vote for him.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

The reason Tesla went to Germany was down to money. Check out the German incentives and grants for electric vehicles. I suppose it's easier to concentrate on a company who have opted not to open a factory in the UK than someone like Aston Martin, especially if the latter does not suit your agenda. Easier to concentrate on one reason why Tesla may be in Germany rather than here, instead of copying and pasting the numerous other reasons why Germany was chosen. Just hope the workers in the new German factory don't wish to be in any union.

Strewth, fella. You keep digging that hole and you'll pop up in Australia soon! :oops:
The owner has literally said that it's not being built here because of brexit so you either have to A) Think he's lying (you then have to ask why he'd say it in the first place and not just give one of your many reasons) or B) ?

Big deal Tesla gone Germany because unsure about what effect Brexit will have on car prices? Why didn't Aston Martin build in Germany or any other country instead of Britain if Brexit had such a big effect and musnt forget bridgend getting new car plant building electric cars! Companies go where biggest incentives are and that normally is the way and Tesla no exception.... :thumbup:

And Aston Martins profits are falling because of that decision. Just to clarify, is 'companies go where the biggest incentives are' the brexiteers new go to excuse for when a business leaves or doesn't come here?

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:32 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Josh keep asking but you keep swerving, how can a blinkered remainiac like yourself put your trust in Corbyn, when he’s stated he’d smash the EU?

I have answered before, he's said he'd be neutral in a second referendum. Putting it back to the people and putting the country over your own beliefs should be applauded imo.
I suppose you think Boris Johnsons pro EU article in case remain won is completely different because you're putting your trust in him?

Name calling?
You suppose wrong I’ve stated many times I’m not a Johnson fan, you seem to confuse criticism of Corbyn with support for other politicians. Corbyn is not putting the country first ,he’s putting his own political ambition first, he’s been an opponent of the “Bankers Europe” all his political life because it’s the direct opposite of what hes always believed in but heyho there’s a chance of becoming PM........so he no longer wants to “smash the EU” and you’re so blinkered you refuse to recognise it.

You might not like Johnson but you have said you're voting for him so I still feel that the question is pertinent and I bet you can't name a single leader who 100% wants every single policy in their manifesto.

You can't call me blinkered when you have a go at Corbyn for not liking the EU but Johnson has said he likes the EU and you're refusing to recognise it and will vote for him.

Ahhh got it now Corbyn sitting on fence/being neutral regarding EU as he cannot be accused of supporting his party who want a customs union and welsh labour want to remain if they get into power? Very clever man... :laughing6: as for boris he likes EU so much he negotiated a deal without customs union. Smart man :thumbup:

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:36 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

And Aston Martins profits are falling because of that decision. Just to clarify, is 'companies go where the biggest incentives are' the brexiteers new go to excuse for when a business leaves or doesn't come here?

And the world car market is so buoyant that many companies are moving operations back to original countries to save money dont you know car sales world wide are mainly in recession? It's great having a never ending conversation isn't it? :thumbup:

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:44 pm

Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Jeremy Corbyn ....... forget his links to the IRA, forget his links to Hamas, forget his links to Hezbollah, forget his links to the KGB and communist Soviet union,forget his links to the czechoslovakian secret police,forget his stance on the Falklands, forget his standpoint on trident,forget his views on our military,forget that for most his political career he refused to wear a poppy,forget that he refuses to sing the national anthem at official government functions.....forget absolutely everything
All you need to remember is Jeremy Corbyn shagged Diane Abbott. How on earth can anyone trust someone who does that?

I would suggest that this post is racist. And from a Brexiteer..erm...living in Europe....Can’t make ir up!

But you also suggest an independent Wales will make us all rich by selling water to the b*stard English at 3 pence a litre, so it’s very hard to take anything you suggest seriously.

Why do you call the English b*stards?

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

And the world car market is so buoyant that many companies are moving operations back to original countries to save money dont you know car sales world wide are mainly in recession? It's great having a never ending conversation isn't it? :thumbup:

So you don't think an incentive of millions of ££££s is a reason to pick a country over another? Brexit as effect on decisions no doubt about it but its more about financial self interest than actual brexit itself! Otherwise why hasnt many EU based companies joined the mass exodus before Brexit happens if it's that bad?

Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:07 pm

:thumbright: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:24 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Try again Josh. As I said above, try quoting everything he said, rather than picking a solitary piece to suit your agenda. I can't be bothered going through every speech he has made, but I'll give you a starter below. There are plenty of other reasons quoted, and I am sure Brexit uncertainty would be one of them. However, unlike you I do not choose small piece of an article to suit my agenda. I have no need, Brexit will make no difference to me one way or the other. I prefer to quote the whole article, or listen to what I have actually heard people say. Your preference is to read media reports and reproduce sections of them to suit your agenda. The following is a part of what was said, and I could choose to stop here and use this as a basis to say Brexit had nothing to do with it. As I said, Brexit was one of the reasons, not the sole reason.

"Some of the best cars in the world are made in Germany. Everyone knows that German engineering is outstanding, for sure, and that’s part of the reason why we are locating our gigafactory Europe in Germany. We are also going to create an engineering and design centre in Berlin.” According to Build, the creation of this factory will create 10,000 jobs. “We are also going to create an engineering and design centre in Berlin,” he added. He also announced this on social media with the tweet “Giga Berlin,” shortly followed with, "Will build batteries, powertrains & vehicles, starting with Model Y."

Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

So you don't think an incentive of millions of ££££s is a reason to pick a country over another? Brexit as effect on decisions no doubt about it but its more about financial self interest than actual brexit itself! Otherwise why hasnt many EU based companies joined the mass exodus before Brexit happens if it's that bad?

Allan, Tesla and Germany were in talks about this potential factory in 2015, way before the referendum. Around 10 other countries in Europe were actively promoting themselves to accommodate Tesla's new venture, and while I can't remember all of them, I know France, Holland, Spain and Portugal were among them. Even Josh can't blame Brexit on the reasons for Germany being chosen over France and these others who are not leaving the EU. Brexit may well have played a part in the UK not even being seriously considered, but plenty of others were overlooked, almost certainly because of the reputation of the automotive industry in Germany, which explains why discussions were under way before we even voted to leave.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Aviva, bank of America, Barclays, ford, honda, jaguar, JP Morgan, Lloyds, Michelin, Nissan, Panasonic, Philips, rolls Royce, Schaeffler, Sony, Toyota, UBS, amongst many others. Is that a big enough mass exodus for you?
I'm sure that it's just a coincidence that all these are moving large amounts of their business to Europe and has nothing to do with brexit whatsoever.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:09 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Try again Josh. As I said above, try quoting everything he said, rather than picking a solitary piece to suit your agenda. I can't be bothered going through every speech he has made, but I'll give you a starter below. There are plenty of other reasons quoted, and I am sure Brexit uncertainty would be one of them. However, unlike you I do not choose small piece of an article to suit my agenda. I have no need, Brexit will make no difference to me one way or the other. I prefer to quote the whole article, or listen to what I have actually heard people say. Your preference is to read media reports and reproduce sections of them to suit your agenda. The following is a part of what was said, and I could choose to stop here and use this as a basis to say Brexit had nothing to do with it. As I said, Brexit was one of the reasons, not the sole reason.

"Some of the best cars in the world are made in Germany. Everyone knows that German engineering is outstanding, for sure, and that’s part of the reason why we are locating our gigafactory Europe in Germany. We are also going to create an engineering and design centre in Berlin.” According to Build, the creation of this factory will create 10,000 jobs. “We are also going to create an engineering and design centre in Berlin,” he added. He also announced this on social media with the tweet “Giga Berlin,” shortly followed with, "Will build batteries, powertrains & vehicles, starting with Model Y."

And now quote the bit about what he had to say about the UK....

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:17 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Attn Josh, Boris has an oven-ready deal, we need to get Brexit done - Unlucky :laughing6: :wave:

Only 12 more days of remoaning and blocking Brexit - bye bye Corbyn :thumbup: :wave:

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:25 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

"Some of the best cars in the world are made in Germany. Everyone knows that German engineering is outstanding, for sure, and that’s part of the rea
son why we are locating our gigafactory Europe in Germany. We are also going to create an engineering and design centre in Berlin.” According to Build, the creation of this factory will create 10,000 jobs. “We are also going to create an engineering and design centre in Berlin,” he added. He also announced this on social media with the tweet “Giga Berlin,” shortly followed with, "Will build batteries, powertrains & vehicles, starting with Model Y."

Try reading what I said above Josh. Unlike you, I do not choose a small portion of an article and twist it to suit my agenda. I used the phrase Brexit Uncertainty, and said it almost certainly played a part. Holland and Germany were the primary candidates for the factory, and Germany were always the likely winners once Tesla acquired Grohmann Automation, as the existing business would be in close proximity to the new Gigafactory. Tesla are known for their use of solar power, and Portugal were the early favourites mainly due to climate and hours of sunshine. The UK were always outsiders, and were never serious contenders. You have incorrectly blamed their decision purely on Brexit. Tell us why France, Holland, Portugal and others also failed then. Doubt if it had much to do with Brexit.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:27 pm

They go because wages are cheaper, and tax is lower. These countries don’t have to pay for a decent army or the NHS.

How about we offer lower business rates and corporation tax. You can’t have it both ways Josh, Corbyn wants to kill the goose..
Other countries welcome investment. Corbyn scares companies like Tesla away.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:41 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Aviva, bank of America, Barclays, ford, honda, jaguar, JP Morgan, Lloyds, Michelin, Nissan, Panasonic, Philips, rolls Royce, Schaeffler, Sony, Toyota, UBS, amongst many others. Is that a big enough mass exodus for you?
I'm sure that it's just a coincidence that all these are moving large amounts of their business to Europe and has nothing to do with brexit whatsoever.

Check your facts Josh. One of the companies you mention is the company that pays my pension, the company I worked at for over 30 years, and the company I still work for, albeit very infrequently. I can assure you that rather than moving, they are now almost entirely UK based having closed most of their overseas operations. They are based here, have all their branches here, and like all sensible businesses, will have a small presence in the EU for convenience purposes, just as they have in Dubai and the USA among others. Once again you are blaming Brexit for something that is not happening.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:44 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

"Some of the best cars in the world are made in Germany. Everyone knows that German engineering is outstanding, for sure, and that’s part of the rea
son why we are locating our gigafactory Europe in Germany. We are also going to create an engineering and design centre in Berlin.” According to Build, the creation of this factory will create 10,000 jobs. “We are also going to create an engineering and design centre in Berlin,” he added. He also announced this on social media with the tweet “Giga Berlin,” shortly followed with, "Will build batteries, powertrains & vehicles, starting with Model Y."

Try reading what I said above Josh. Unlike you, I do not choose a small portion of an article and twist it to suit my agenda. I used the phrase Brexit Uncertainty, and said it almost certainly played a part. Holland and Germany were the primary candidates for the factory, and Germany were always the likely winners once Tesla acquired Grohmann Automation, as the existing business would be in close proximity to the new Gigafactory. Tesla are known for their use of solar power, and Portugal were the early favourites mainly due to climate and hours of sunshine. The UK were always outsiders, and were never serious contenders. You have incorrectly blamed their decision purely on Brexit. Tell us why France, Holland, Portugal and others also failed then. Doubt if it had much to do with Brexit.

Assuming you don't work on the Tesla negotiation team, how do you know which was an outsider and which was more of a front runner?

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:45 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Check your facts Josh. One of the companies you mention is the company that pays my pension, the company I worked at for over 30 years, and the company I still work for, albeit very infrequently. I can assure you that rather than moving, they are now almost entirely UK based having closed most of their overseas operations. They are based here, have all their branches here, and like all sensible businesses, will have a small presence in the EU for convenience purposes, just as they have in Dubai and the USA among others. Once again you are blaming Brexit for something that is not happening.

Well that's a great help isn't it.... If you can be a bit more vague it'd be great.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:10 pm

If you did a bit of serious research instead of reproducing second hand and incorrect information Josh, it would not be vague. I have said on this forum plenty of times over the years who I worked for, and the fact that I worked in their Business, Commercial and International divisions over many years. You have obviously read something, copied a list of companies, and then posted something which is complete nonsense. As I have told you previously, don't believe all you read, particularly when it involves the bank I worked for. The reason my shares have lost so much value is because of uncertainty around Brexit, the financial crash (long before Brexit was ever heard of) and the fact the company is almost totally reliant on the British economy having ditched most of it's overseas assets. It is most certainly not re-locating, and already has offices in the EU.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:11 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Name calling?

Boris, despite his bumbling public persona, is a very astute politician. He sees what way the wind is blowing and hitches his wagon to that. Which is why he wrote two contradictory articles on Brexit and went with the Leave one. However he’s the only option for those of us sick of the stalemate caused by the Remain side, who want to see the Brexit process moving. He’s not my hero he’s my only option. You really are mesmerised by the terrorist supporting Marxist, so much so you simply refuse to acknowledge he is a complete phony.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:16 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:If you did a bit of serious research instead of reproducing second hand and incorrect information Josh, it would not be vague. I have said on this forum plenty of times over the years who I worked for, and the fact that I worked in their Business, Commercial and International divisions over many years. You have obviously read something, copied a list of companies, and then posted something which is complete nonsense. As I have told you previously, don't believe all you read, particularly when it involves the bank I worked for. The reason my shares have lost so much value is because of uncertainty around Brexit, the financial crash (long before Brexit was ever heard of) and the fact the company is almost totally reliant on the British economy having ditched most of it's overseas assets. It is most certainly not re-locating, and already has offices in the EU.

Now if I was arguing with you and you posted that I’d say ooops time to shut up Jock boy,this guy really is better placed to discuss this company than me, what with him being so connected to it................can’t wait to see how Josh proves you wrong :lol:

Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:37 pm

Jock wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:If you did a bit of serious research instead of reproducing second hand and incorrect information Josh, it would not be vague. I have said on this forum plenty of times over the years who I worked for, and the fact that I worked in their Business, Commercial and International divisions over many years. You have obviously read something, copied a list of companies, and then posted something which is complete nonsense. As I have told you previously, don't believe all you read, particularly when it involves the bank I worked for. The reason my shares have lost so much value is because of uncertainty around Brexit, the financial crash (long before Brexit was ever heard of) and the fact the company is almost totally reliant on the British economy having ditched most of it's overseas assets. It is most certainly not re-locating, and already has offices in the EU.

Now if I was arguing with you and you posted that I’d say ooops time to shut up Jock boy,this guy really is better placed to discuss this company than me, what with him being so connected to it................can’t wait to see how Josh proves you wrong :lol:

Jock, I don't know why he included Lloyds in that list. I presume some anti Brexit rag has spouted off nonsense knowing that you will always get some naïve people believing anything. A small amount of research will show that Lloyds has been concentrating on it's UK business, and pulling out from many of it's overseas operations. They were once quite a global operation with offices and subsidiaries throughout the World. They are now predominantly a UK company, and it's future performance will be heavily linked to the UK economy. Cancelling Brexit would do wonders for my shares in the short term, but I am more concerned for the future of my grandchildren than my personal finances. That's why I firmly believe that leaving the EU will benefit the younger members of my family, although that is just my personal opinion. Nobody can tell me with any certainty what would have happened had we left, but in all honesty, I doubt that will ever happen

Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:53 pm

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:22 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

And Mercedes are cutting 10k jobs and that's got nothing to do with brexit which was my point on car companies jobs that motor manufacturers world wide are suffering economic downturn and are moving to their own countries to save money and Brexit is part of this but not all for some companies you've mentioned..... OH congratulations on your efforts with naming those companies who for whatever reason are moving around the world I'm sure they're not doing it solely because
of Brexit but financial reasons as well or are you saying every company you mentioned are
doing it solely because of Brexit? If so better get on google and prove it here..... :thumbup:
unfortunately I'm not so daft as to troll internet looking for companies that are investing in UK just to to try and prove it , as you will undoubtedly try prove otherwise .. old:

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:30 pm

Jock wrote:

Just asked him to prove the companies hes mentioned that left UK because of Brexit ? Should keep him occupied for a bit! Personally I'm not stupid enough waste my time trying to prove a point .. especially as only the companies involved know real reason for switching some operations back to mother country? But I'm positive he will
come back with something hes found
on Google... :mrgreen:

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:43 pm

Have I accidentally stumbled into the world of cluedo? Instead of doing what a normal person would do and just say 'I work for X and so your information is wrong because....' you've decided that I should turn into f*cking poirot and try and piece the mystery of where you work together.
I'll ignore your hypocrisy with what you put a couple of hours before this of 'don't just pick one from a list to suit your agenda'.

Do you want me to frame my response as a riddle so you can decode it and find the secret lair and defeat your arch nemesis? Or do you think we can return to the world of saying the crucial bits of information?

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:45 pm

Dear me what a fantastic read that was. Yet I feel for Josh, he really doesn’t have a grasp on the real world. I’ve noticed a lot with labour/remain supporters that they seem to find new lies about various things and regurgitate it. And seem to have nothing to back up their arguments when questioned. And that includes the people at the top of the parties.

P.S Steve that was the most I’ve seen someone tied in knots in a debate for a long time. Well played Sir.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:58 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Have I accidentally stumbled into the world of cluedo? Instead of doing what a normal person would do and just say 'I work for X and so your information is wrong because....' you've decided that I should turn into f*cking poirot and try and piece the mystery of where you work together.
I'll ignore your hypocrisy with what you put a couple of hours before this of 'don't just pick one from a list to suit your agenda'.

Do you want me to frame my response as a riddle so you can decode it and find the secret lair and defeat your arch nemesis? Or do you think we can return to the world of saying the crucial bits of information?

Josh. I was just pointing out that you were posting utter nonsense. I am not an expert on hardly any of that list you copied from somewhere. What I do know is that neither Lloyds or Barclays are leaving the UK just because of Brexit. Both have put contingency plans in place in the event of a no deal Brexit, and Barclays have set up a department in Dublin I believe, Lloyds in Berlin. From what I have been told (not read) the staff have been there for a long time, certainly in the case of the company I worked for. Their licencing will change, and a handful of extra staff may move there to help out. In no shape or form are they leaving the UK as you incorrectly stated earlier, and the average customer will not know that anything ever happened. Best move on to a different subject, because you clearly know nothing about this, as the majority of posters have already noticed. I won't continue posting on this subject as I have no wish to make you look a fool. Suffice it to say you have posted a list of companies leaving the country because of Brexit, and a bit of research would have told you this is complete rubbish. I suspect the two companies I have discussed are not the only ones who are not moving overseas.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:24 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Dear me what a fantastic read that was. Yet I feel for Josh, he really doesn’t have a grasp on the real world. I’ve noticed a lot with labour/remain supporters that they seem to find new lies about various things and regurgitate it. And seem to have nothing to back up their arguments when questioned. And that includes the people at the top of the parties.

P.S Steve that was the most I’ve seen someone tied in knots in a debate for a long time. Well played Sir.

He just does the pertomak two step when faced with questions he cannot possibly answer instead engages in conversations where he can throw unsubstantiated info taken off Google and takes that as gospel and true! He then puts it on here to justify his belief he's right .. :old:

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:34 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Josh you need a girlfriend.