Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If the election was today, who would you prefer to become Prime Minister?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: OT POLL: BORIS OR CORBYN AT THIS POINT?

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:51 pm

Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:If you did a bit of serious research instead of reproducing second hand and incorrect information Josh, it would not be vague. I have said on this forum plenty of times over the years who I worked for, and the fact that I worked in their Business, Commercial and International divisions over many years. You have obviously read something, copied a list of companies, and then posted something which is complete nonsense. As I have told you previously, don't believe all you read, particularly when it involves the bank I worked for. The reason my shares have lost so much value is because of uncertainty around Brexit, the financial crash (long before Brexit was ever heard of) and the fact the company is almost totally reliant on the British economy having ditched most of it's overseas assets. It is most certainly not re-locating, and already has offices in the EU.

Have I accidentally stumbled into the world of cluedo? Instead of doing what a normal person would do and just say 'I work for X and so your information is wrong because....' you've decided that I should turn into f*cking poirot and try and piece the mystery of where you work together.
I'll ignore your hypocrisy with what you put a couple of hours before this of 'don't just pick one from a list to suit your agenda'.

Do you want me to frame my response as a riddle so you can decode it and find the secret lair and defeat your arch nemesis? Or do you think we can return to the world of saying the crucial bits of information?

Josh you need a girlfriend.

or boyfriend even ?
he has needed one since he was Dave.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:02 pm

Just thought be lazy and put this article up, Some interesting points in it!
I would now vote to leave the EU, says oil tycoon Sir Ian Wood

Billionaire businessman Sir Ian Wood has revealed he would now vote in favour of Brexit – although he stressed leaving the European Union without a deal in place “would not be clever”.

Sir Ian, who was chairman of oil firm the Wood Group, said he had voted for Remain in 2016 but would “now vote to come out” as he warned Europe could be facing a “difficult future”.

While he said he had now changed his mind on Brexit, he added he was still opposed to Scottish independence.

The oil services tycoon told The Herald newspaper: “I’m in favour of getting the best status and deal that we can for Scotland’s long-term economic future and all I’m going to say is, in my opinion, that’s not independence.”

He said discussions over Brexit had “exposed a number of things”, adding: “I think Europe’s going to have a difficult future … you’ve got 28 nations in a complex arrangement of economic interdependence.

“The German economy isn’t what it was, France is having problems, Spain is, Italy is.

“I actually think we would be better off, if we could get it to settle down, out of Europe,
Not all rosy in EU garden as been said before though... :thumbup:

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:22 pm

dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:If you did a bit of serious research instead of reproducing second hand and incorrect information Josh, it would not be vague. I have said on this forum plenty of times over the years who I worked for, and the fact that I worked in their Business, Commercial and International divisions over many years. You have obviously read something, copied a list of companies, and then posted something which is complete nonsense. As I have told you previously, don't believe all you read, particularly when it involves the bank I worked for. The reason my shares have lost so much value is because of uncertainty around Brexit, the financial crash (long before Brexit was ever heard of) and the fact the company is almost totally reliant on the British economy having ditched most of it's overseas assets. It is most certainly not re-locating, and already has offices in the EU.

Have I accidentally stumbled into the world of cluedo? Instead of doing what a normal person would do and just say 'I work for X and so your information is wrong because....' you've decided that I should turn into f*cking poirot and try and piece the mystery of where you work together.
I'll ignore your hypocrisy with what you put a couple of hours before this of 'don't just pick one from a list to suit your agenda'.

Do you want me to frame my response as a riddle so you can decode it and find the secret lair and defeat your arch nemesis? Or do you think we can return to the world of saying the crucial bits of information?

or boyfriend even ?

Lol!

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:59 pm

That TV debate was farcical.

Enough of this phoney war; the sooner the day comes to vote in a working Tory majority the better and thereby shut up the naysayers and doom and gloom merchants peddling class warfare and an eco revolution.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:04 pm

Danny Says wrote:That TV debate was farcical.

Enough of this phoney war; the sooner the day comes to vote in a working Tory majority the better and thereby shut up the naysayers and doom and gloom merchants peddling class warfare and an eco revolution.

Like the way you mention Eco revolution as a bad thing. Global warming is something that will have massive impacts in the next 50 years. If something isnt done soon the damage will be irreversible and is already being seen in the variability of weather.

With regards to Brexit, it's fine for any of you to vote to leave for the reason of "reclaiming legislation decisions", though I personally dont have any problems with EU legislation that's in place regarding human/ worker rights or free trade. But to think that it will improve the economy at least in the next 10 years is wrong, and from there its dependent on what trade deals can be negotiated. With the deal Boris has negotiated for Brexit, I wouldnt want him to negotiate on my monthly phone deal let alone something that will shape the country for the next century. I'm voting for a hung parliament and hoping the predecessors of these two are less useless and frankly dangerous to the country.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:26 pm

LaBamba wrote:

Like the way you mention Eco revolution as a bad thing. Global warming is something that will have massive impacts in the next 50 years. If something isnt done soon the damage will be irreversible and is already being seen in the variability of weather.

The government are doing plenty as are the public to address this and all political parties’ manifestos promise more but what it doesn’t need is eco warriors blocking tax paying hard working citizens from getting to their jobs.

These eco warriors should direct their pursuit via social media and non confrontational channels to elicit the support they crave from people rather than antagonise them.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:29 pm

Danny Says wrote:
LaBamba wrote:

The government are doing plenty as are the public to address this and all political parties’ manifestos promise more but what it doesn’t need is eco warriors blocking tax paying hard working citizens from getting to their jobs.

These eco warriors should direct their pursuit via social media and non confrontational channels to elicit the support they crave from people rather than antagonise them.

They have some policies on it. What the country is doing is nowhere near enough. In 2020 we will miss targets on air pollution (we have 2000 locations which are considered unsafe), water pollution targets, biodiversity targets, tree planting targets and Theresa may ditched the policy to stop overfishing by next year. Btw these were all EU legislations so its lucky we are leaving next year so we can breach all these targets without a worry!

I'm sure the conservatives will set equally ambitious targets next year for the year 2100. Choice of protest methods is incorrect fine, but dont say the government are doing plenty. They arent, they are doing the minimal. If you look at countries like Sweden, though they have their issues, they absolutely embarrass us when it comes to the environment.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:27 am

LaBamba wrote:

With regards to Brexit, it's fine for any of you to vote to leave for the reason of "reclaiming legislation decisions", though I personally dont have any problems with EU legislation that's in place regarding human/ worker rights or free trade. But to think that it will improve the economy at least in the next 10 years is wrong, and from there its dependent on what trade deals can be negotiated. With the deal Boris has negotiated for Brexit, I wouldnt want him to negotiate on my monthly phone deal let alone something that will shape the country for the next century. I'm voting for a hung parliament and hoping the predecessors of these two are less useless and frankly dangerous to the country.

You cant vote for hung parliament only a party! The rest is down to where people put there crosses odd statement really... you'll be happy for corbyn give away our country to others that he gets into bed with? Not sure they are the kind if people or organisations that Corbyn fraternisis with that this country should be cuddling upto :o

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:35 am

dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

or boyfriend even ?

Getting warmer ;)

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:57 am

LaBamba wrote:

Why do you think we need the EU to protect workers rights, or the environment. We already have one of the highest minimum wage rates in Europe. Don’t you think population control is the overriding environmental issue.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:42 am

There is not one party who is any good at the moment. However, Corbyn is a dangerous fantasist.

Fee internet, 4 day week, billions to Waspi women, free education, defense slashed. All this and more does not add up, there is not enough money in the bank.

He said he will keep trident but will never use it... well get rid of it then you dick or pretend that you would use it ffs.

Immigration is a good thing in proportion, but Jerry wants it on mass, this never works.

Have a look at Labours record, it never works because the spend too much and put the country into massive debt that has to be paid back

Oh, and that's not before he has said people who have more children will get more money and we all know people in this day and age who have more than 4 kids are scamming the system.

He's useless and I cannot believe people will vote for him

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:41 am

shinyBlueGlue wrote:There is not one party who is any good at the moment. However, Corbyn is a dangerous fantasist.

Fee internet, 4 day week, billions to Waspi women, free education, defense slashed. All this and more does not add up, there is not enough money in the bank.

He said he will keep trident but will never use it... well get rid of it then you dick or pretend that you would use it ffs.

Immigration is a good thing in proportion, but Jerry wants it on mass, this never works.

Have a look at Labours record, it never works because the spend too much and put the country into massive debt that has to be paid back

Oh, and that's not before he has said people who have more children will get more money and we all know people in this day and age who have more than 4 kids are scamming the system.

The WASPI enticement is not only irresponsible but a dishonest promise that would not be possible to enact.

The Marxist should come clean and withdraw it.

The whole manifesto is fantasy and would drag the UK back into the dark ages.

The gullible young voters didn't have to live with secondary picketing and rubbish piling up in the streets.

His resorting to such blatant and disreputable election mongering is scandalous and the pertinent section of the electorate (the WASPIS) should not suckered into it.

It’s staggering how anybody would want to vote for a party who’d win a race to the bottom.

The Tories have to get their momentum back on track and attack more publicly the impending disasters the nation faced if the dangerous loony left get into no 10.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:09 pm

Danny Says wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:There is not one party who is any good at the moment. However, Corbyn is a dangerous fantasist.

The WASPI enticement is not only irresponsible but a dishonest promise that would not be possible to enact.

The gullible young voters didn't have to live with secondary picketing and rubbish piling up in the streets.

His resorting to such blatant and disreputable election mongering is scandalous and the pertinent section of the electorate (the WASPIS) should not suckered into it.

It’s staggering how anybody would want to vote for a party who’d win a race to the bottom.

The Tories have to get their momentum back on track and attack more publicly the impending disasters the nation faced if the dangerous loony left get into no 10.

Gullible young voters did live through austerity and a financial crisis though...

As I said I dont want either of them. Boris is a Racist homophobe who has been fired twice for lying, lied to the queen and regularly lies to the public. He has no regard for what's best for the country only his own political means.

You must be joking about the election mongering after Boris comes up with new unwritten areas of his manifesto following a terrorist attack where the parents of those who died specifically asked not to have their children involved.

What about the 40 hospitals - only 6 being built
50000 nurses - 20k of them already work for the NHS
NIC reductions which havent been scheduled in the finances of the manifesto
Increasing police numbers, despite the fact they cut them in the first place

It's ok to write off the youth vote as gullibility and stupidity but that can only be put at the feet of the tories who have made no effort to make any policies that would appeal to them. For example the youth population is becoming a rental generation who could never own a house because it's not affordable.

How you cant see there are many issues which the tories arent addressing at current is beyond me. In addition to that they have divided a country by raising a vote that frankly the majority of people dont understand the true complexities of.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:20 pm

LaBamba wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

Gullible young voters did live through austerity and a financial crisis though...

As I said I dont want either of them. Boris is a Racist homophobe who has been fired twice for lying, lied to the queen and regularly lies to the public. He has no regard for what's best for the country only his own political means.

You must be joking about the election mongering after Boris comes up with new unwritten areas of his manifesto following a terrorist attack where the parents of those who died specifically asked not to have their children involved.

It's ok to write off the youth vote as gullibility and stupidity but that can only be put at the feet of the tories who have made no effort to make any policies that would appeal to them. For example the youth population is becoming a rental generation who could never own a house because it's not affordable.

How you cant see there are many issues which the tories arent addressing at current is beyond me. In addition to that they have divided a country by raising a vote that frankly the majority of people dont understand the true complexities of.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:25 pm

How you cant see there are many issues which the tories arent addressing at current is beyond me. In addition to that they have divided a country by raising a vote that frankly the majority of people dont understand the true complexities of.[/quote]

Its not a perfect world is it. This country is one of the best in the World in which to live.. but some always want more.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:25 pm

Jock wrote:
LaBamba wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

What’s he done that’s racist, why do you call him a homophobe? Most of Europe rents and has done for generations. Unlike you I can’t speak for others but I knew exactly what I voted for in the referendum.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:47 pm

Great bloke
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:54 pm

One thing we know is that if Corbyn and Abbot get in there will be plenty of sympathy for terrorist organisations and plenty of objections to allowing police to carry out additional checks in attempt to keep our streets safe for all of us to use. Priority will be human rights, mostly for those found guilty of crimes and atrocities, but won't spread as far as those of us who are law abiding and do not pose a threat. We have a choice of two useless parties, but Corbyn, Abbot, etc., would be too frightening to contemplate.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:57 pm

Jock wrote:
Jock wrote:
LaBamba wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

What’s he done that’s racist, why do you call him a homophobe? Most of Europe rents and has done for generations. Unlike you I can’t speak for others but I knew exactly what I voted for in the referendum.

You must be joking...

Homophobic -
Calling gay men rent boys
Saying marrying a man is equivalent to him marrying a dog

Racism beyond the standard islamophobic letter box, islamaphobia is natural selection comments? I mean islamaphobic events have increased as a direct result of his comments and rather than address that he has avoided an enquiry into it which would expose it.

Then if that's not enough obviously there was the article while at the spectator which supported eugenics (selective human breeding) and stated black people have lower IQ.
I mean if that isnt racist then what is?

Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:45 pm

‘islamaphobic events have increased as a result of his comments’. What evidence is there of that?

So 9/11, beheadings, hate preachers, murder, and terror on the streets has nothing to do with it..

It makes you wonder if some people have other agendas..

Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:48 pm

rumpo kid wrote:‘islamaphobic events have increased as a result of his comments’. What evidence is there of that?

So 9/11, beheadings, hate preachers, murder, and terror on the streets has nothing to do with it..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 88476.html

It's not outlandish to think that if the leaders of the country make a hateful rhetoric the more easily led will follow.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:09 pm

Hate speech is a nonsense.

Ban free expression to protect the "easily led" from themselves. LOL

Anyone see where this is going? Russia & The Bolshevik revolution.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:26 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:Hate speech is a nonsense.

Theres a difference between freedom of expression and hate speech. It should be a concern if you feel like hate speech laws are preventing you from saying what you really think...

Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:46 pm

LaBamba wrote:

Theres a difference between freedom of expression and hate speech. It should be a concern if you feel like hate speech laws are preventing you from saying what you really think...

Hate speech as a law is a nonesense full stop.
Where does freedom of expression end and "hate speech" begin?

Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:50 pm

LaBamba wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:‘islamaphobic events have increased as a result of his comments’. What evidence is there of that?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 88476.html

It's not outlandish to think that if the leaders of the country make a hateful rhetoric the more easily led will follow.

I agree. As the latest murders testify.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:58 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
LaBamba wrote:

It's very challenging to understand isnt it. I'm constantly racially abusing people and then only throwing normal abuse at other people and struggle with the distinction. I'd probably say hate speech covers the generalisation of numerous people based on a racial characteristic.

I mean I can see how that would inhibit your freedom of speech. It's very difficult to try to judge people on an individual basis rather than a collective. A man parked in my car parking space this morning and he had red hair. I found myself thing god all men with red hair are twats. Then I realised that was a stupid thing to think as there are probably a lot of people with red hair that are ok, rather than that one person in front of me who was a tw*t. Hope this clears it up.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:02 pm

LaBamba wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
LaBamba wrote:

It's very challenging to understand isnt it. I'm constantly racially abusing people and then only throwing normal abuse at other people and struggle with the distinction. I'd probably say hate speech covers the generalisation of numerous people based on a racial characteristic.

I mean I can see how that would inhibit your freedom of speech. It's very difficult to try to judge people on an individual basis rather than a collective. A man parked in my car parking space this morning and he had red hair. I found myself thing god all men with red hair are twats. Then I realised that was a stupid thing to think as there are probably a lot of people with red hair that are ok, rather than that one person in front of me who was a tw*t. Hope this clears it up.

LOL your head is tied up in knots.

Britain is fucked. Asteroid of death please come now

Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:09 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
LaBamba wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
LaBamba wrote:

Not really, I have quite a clear thought process on this. Ita dont judge people based on there skin colour or religion. It's really not that challenging.

I'd day Britain is fucked based on this growing right wing contingent who blame all the countries problems on the foreign contingent. It's happened before, didnt end particularly well. Easily forgotten though, if only we had a day designated to remember those events.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:26 pm

LaBamba wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
LaBamba wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
LaBamba wrote:

Not really, I have quite a clear thought process on this. Ita dont judge people based on there skin colour or religion. It's really not that challenging.

I'd day Britain is fucked based on this growing right wing contingent who blame all the countries problems on the foreign contingent. It's happened before, didnt end particularly well. Easily forgotten though, if only we had a day designated to remember those events.

2 murdered thanks largely to mass immigration and leftist poison.

Yet here you are warning about the rise of the far right.

I'm done, the trotsky puppeteers have brainwashed too many of my fellow Brits. It was nice knowing you all. I'm finished.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:54 pm

LaBamba wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
LaBamba wrote:

then you realised...…… normal people can think or say ginger kent without the , then I realised ,followed by self analysis . they just go in the house and chat with their ginger wife, or phone their ginger friend , its said or though without deep seated agendas or hatred .