Postby dogfound » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:
epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:The advantage being given to a whole group of "hosts" playing at home is a joke.
As is the treatment of fans being asked to travel ridiculous distances to get to the these venues.
Its almost as if they want fans to fly out from home to the match venue and then go home after before repeating the same again. There's almost no point in having a "base" and I expect that's what a few of the teams my do.

if its Baku/Rome/Baku its not just the time ,distance and money...its also flight availability .
its done my head in over the last few days after being so chuffed last week..

I bet Finland are praying they get group B. 3 hours on the train from Helsinki to St Petersburg and Copenhagen little more than an over nighter. We've drawn the short straw but if we get Baku then its a bit of a disaster.

for fans its lose lose...group of death or a logistical nightmare.. no direct flights from baku to rome so 7 hours minimum. and possibly 7 back....very few flights direct from uk to Baku and will be extortionate.. and to top it all both stadiums are not purpose built football grounds and have running tracks around the pitch..

It really is a farce. With the choices of stadiums throughout Europe to chose between, including our own, you'd think a running track would be an immediate veto.

At least travelling excessive distances won't be an issue next time in Qatar.

the whole Qatar thing is a joke.

Qatar 2022 actually makes Euro 2020 seem entirely rational. Amazing how Fifa and Uefa can come up with two completely opposing strategies two years apart. Not one new stadium for 2020 and not one flight between venues in 2022.

May not be flights between citys in Qatar but hopefully group stage will be held in same city and knockout venues are known before start of taunement at least get time to organise things wont be simple but then is any world cup simple? But knowing fifa probably done as taunement starts!! :roll:

its a small country mate.. the very most anyone would have to travel is 40 miles, and you get 4/5 days between games, you could walk..
dogfound

Re: Travel problems euro 2020.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:
epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:The advantage being given to a whole group of "hosts" playing at home is a joke.
As is the treatment of fans being asked to travel ridiculous distances to get to the these venues.
Its almost as if they want fans to fly out from home to the match venue and then go home after before repeating the same again. There's almost no point in having a "base" and I expect that's what a few of the teams my do.

if its Baku/Rome/Baku its not just the time ,distance and money...its also flight availability .

I bet Finland are praying they get group B. 3 hours on the train from Helsinki to St Petersburg and Copenhagen little more than an over nighter. We've drawn the short straw but if we get Baku then its a bit of a disaster.

for fans its lose lose...group of death or a logistical nightmare.. no direct flights from baku to rome so 7 hours minimum. and possibly 7 back....very few flights direct from uk to Baku and will be extortionate.. and to top it all both stadiums are not purpose built football grounds and have running tracks around the pitch..

It really is a farce. With the choices of stadiums throughout Europe to chose between, including our own, you'd think a running track would be an immediate veto.

Qatar 2022 actually makes Euro 2020 seem entirely rational. Amazing how Fifa and Uefa can come up with two completely opposing strategies two years apart. Not one new stadium for 2020 and not one flight between venues in 2022.

May not be flights between citys in Qatar but hopefully group stage will be held in same city and knockout venues are known before start of taunement at least get time to organise things wont be simple but then is any world cup simple? But knowing fifa probably done as taunement starts!! :roll:

Definitely be good if you don't have to move between alcohol free tents inbetween games either group or knock out.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:08 pm

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:
epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

its a small country mate.. the very most anyone would have to travel is 40 miles, and you get 4/5 days between games, you could walk..

Walk in 40c temperature? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby RV Casual » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:57 pm

As the days have gone on and I have looked into it more I genuinly tip my hat to those of you going.

I have now booked Rome but Baku is just a nightmare, looking at £500 for the flight alone and that is with two stops and an 8 hour stop over.
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:
epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Walk in 40c temperature? :laughing6:

I just knew youd say that..
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat