Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Sounds pathetic / but what I was told ‘

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:13 pm

Genuine question: after everything that has happened, do you really think Tan would be willing to take such a risk? I don't.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:13 pm

Wardy64 wrote:Ffs, if he’s toxic why would a legend of the premier take him to coach at Anderlecht. He’s a brilliant coach, top player who came to play for the club and has all the contacts we need. Gerrard, Lampard, Bellamy, makes so much sense. He has to be the number one choice. Can’t understand city supporters not giving him the chance. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :banghead: :banghead:

Name a football club he's been at where he's not had issues.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:17 pm

dogfound wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
Calzaghes trainset wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Warnock said his goodbyes after Bristol game. Choo has spoken to flynn 3 times this week.

NEWPORT Manager Flynn was also in Directors box on Sunday and been having meetings with Choo

Can't say how I know. Just trust me its true they have spoken to him lately three times .

I really hope it does not happen.

Why Not?? A Hungry Young Welsh Manager Ready To Prove Himself In The Championship And What Better Club than A Welsh Club In Cardiff, I Say Its A Great Opportunity For Flynn To Engage With Fans And Spearhead This Team Up The Table.

I Would Love Flynn As Our Manager, Because Everyone Else Is Just Too Similar To Eachother We Want A Local Manager And He Fits The Bill.

If Not Flynn Then Maybe David Wagner Who Gave Huddersfield Promotion To The Premier League.

Wagner a good shout, Flynn no. Pulis no. Ainswirth maybe. Mark Hughes maybe. Bellamy with Hughes? Yes please

I really don’t get the Bellamy obsession.

I understand that. However it’s my opinion he could be another Lampard/Gerrard I think he has all the attributes to be a good manager, 2 years ago I stood watching him in freezing rain playing 5 a side with schoolboys and girls in a Newport school. Quite frankly he was inspirational and motivational and just never stopped running and coaching. Just like he was On the pitch. And now with inside knowledge of European leagues. Also a passion for our floundering academy, and all things Welsh. A caretaker role until seasons end to give him a try would be a really good call.

4 months in Belgium being inside knowledge of European leagues is pushing it a little bit ?
nice story.....1st time I saw him he was being held by the scruff by a boy from Merthyr in south wales schoolboy game for being a dick...since ive witnessed him flick the canton....sit pouting alone on the team coach at Selhurst Park. being obnoxious for no good reason a few times..and getting constantly on the backs of young players..decs at old Trafford and Rambo for wales at the libertry...prize dickhead..he is local though..

Wow, some judgemental comments and name calling there! Those stories? all past tense. Even when he was a schoolboy! Dear me, people change, My personal experience was far more recent, post playing career, and he was impressive, very impressive. Again, And Kompany took him to Anderlecht.Why? Because of attrubutes , enthusiasm and potential. I have met so many famous sportsmen and entertainers in the flesh, impressive on record or on screen, but so many disappointed and matched your description of CB. I think he is going to be a good manager. I could be wrong, and if the bullying claims are true (I have heard close up and contrasting versions) then that’s something he absolutely must change. I won’t have that.

And no, I don’t think Tan will take the risk even in my preferred capacity as caretaker. Stop worrying Bellamy bashers, your safe!

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:20 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Genuine question: after everything that has happened, do you really think Tan would be willing to take such a risk? I don't.

Genuine answer - I think he knows so little about football and has so little affinity for the club that he may well do.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:22 pm

How about Earnie left his post as a coach in Canada 6 days ago for new challenge and 6pm tonight posts himself coming over the seven bridge

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:28 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
Calzaghes trainset wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Warnock said his goodbyes after Bristol game. Choo has spoken to flynn 3 times this week.

NEWPORT Manager Flynn was also in Directors box on Sunday and been having meetings with Choo

Can't say how I know. Just trust me its true they have spoken to him lately three times .

Why Not?? A Hungry Young Welsh Manager Ready To Prove Himself In The Championship And What Better Club than A Welsh Club In Cardiff, I Say Its A Great Opportunity For Flynn To Engage With Fans And Spearhead This Team Up The Table.

I Would Love Flynn As Our Manager, Because Everyone Else Is Just Too Similar To Eachother We Want A Local Manager And He Fits The Bill.

If Not Flynn Then Maybe David Wagner Who Gave Huddersfield Promotion To The Premier League.

Wagner a good shout, Flynn no. Pulis no. Ainswirth maybe. Mark Hughes maybe. Bellamy with Hughes? Yes please

I really don’t get the Bellamy obsession.

I understand that. However it’s my opinion he could be another Lampard/Gerrard I think he has all the attributes to be a good manager, 2 years ago I stood watching him in freezing rain playing 5 a side with schoolboys and girls in a Newport school. Quite frankly he was inspirational and motivational and just never stopped running and coaching. Just like he was On the pitch. And now with inside knowledge of European leagues. Also a passion for our floundering academy, and all things Welsh. A caretaker role until seasons end to give him a try would be a really good call.

4 months in Belgium being inside knowledge of European leagues is pushing it a little bit ?
nice story.....1st time I saw him he was being held by the scruff by a boy from Merthyr in south wales schoolboy game for being a dick...since ive witnessed him flick the canton....sit pouting alone on the team coach at Selhurst Park. being obnoxious for no good reason a few times..and getting constantly on the backs of young players..decs at old Trafford and Rambo for wales at the libertry...prize dickhead..he is local though..

Wow, some judgemental comments and name calling there! Those stories? all past tense. Even when he was a schoolboy! Dear me, people change, My personal experience was far more recent, post playing career, and he was impressive, very impressive. Again, And Kompany took him to Anderlecht.Why? Because of attrubutes , enthusiasm and potential. I have met so many famous sportsmen and entertainers in the flesh, impressive on record or on screen, but so many disappointed and matched your description of CB. I think he is going to be a good manager. I could be wrong, and if the bullying claims are true (I have heard close up and contrasting versions) then that’s something he absolutely must change. I won’t have that.

And no, I don’t think Tan will take the risk even in my preferred capacity as caretaker. Stop worrying Bellamy bashers, your safe!

he needs a couple of years with no incident... called him a dick and a dick head..my opinion...the rest is on him.....loads of other incidents I haven't mentioned as I didn't see them but I think he covered them in his book and the piece in last weeks paper...seems to get blamed a lot when completely innocent.
have to say ive seen him be the perfect gent too....its just there is way too much bad and it outweighs the good...

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:

From Flynn a Welshman to Wagner a German , whats the link ?

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Perfect fit

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:44 pm

f**k
Flynn

Seriously.

Terrible decision if true.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:04 pm

Mates of mine who support Newport say Lennie Lawrence pulls the strings at that club! Imagine if Flynn came he would bring Lawrence and we’ve been there before!!!

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:26 pm

No surprise to me - mentioned this guy a few months ago on here as a manager who our club might look at .

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:49 pm

Dont feel mike Flynn is what we need right now

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:55 am

Give him a chance, and if he fucks up hang him out to dry, we ain't a charity club, let's get a manager with a proven record who maybe can get us to play football and push us up the table. Now it's time for the players to step up especially those who thought they were on the team sheet every week.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:43 am

If this is true just another example of the club's lack of ambition. It would mean the club have given up on promotion and are happy with survival. Would give him a short contract til the end of the season.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:48 am

Earnshaw1 wrote:Mates of mine who support Newport say Lennie Lawrence pulls the strings at that club! Imagine if Flynn came he would bring Lawrence and we’ve been there before!!!

I work in Newport. Massive County fan in work said the same. Said he’d love Flynn to go and would love the compo. Said Lennie and Hatswell pull all the strings.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:01 am

One guy that seems to love Cardiff is Ian Holloway :o He’s another character of the game .

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:28 am

Ray Bishop wrote:
Earnshaw1 wrote:Mates of mine who support Newport say Lennie Lawrence pulls the strings at that club! Imagine if Flynn came he would bring Lawrence and we’ve been there before!!!

I work in Newport. Massive County fan in work said the same. Said he’d love Flynn to go and would love the compo. Said Lennie and Hatswell pull all the strings.

I live in his village, it’s what I hear to.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:53 am

Good old lenny Lawrence :lol:

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:47 am

RageJon wrote:Good old lenny Lawrence :lol:

Been said that blackwell pulled strings at training! Every decent manager as an
experienced man behind him :thumbup:

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RageJon wrote:Good old lenny Lawrence :lol:

Been said that blackwell pulled strings at training! Every decent manager as an
experienced man behind him :thumbup:

He never pulled strings he would of just taken the training sessions.