Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: General Election 12th December Cardiff North Candidate

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:50 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Latest poll for Wales only (copied & pasted).
Labour is predicted to win 18 seats (a loss of 10); the Conservatives 17 seats (a gain of nine seats); Plaid Cymru, four seats, and the Liberal Democrats one seat (a gain of one seat).

It's honestly beggars belief how the Conservatives are gaining seats in Wales :shock: Do people realise what they are voting for!?
Do people know what the Tories have done to Wales over the years? Have the Welsh electorate become this stupid :o

Luckily this board is not representative of the general population in Wales but you're right about the Tories.Teresa May thought she was gonna piss the last election having a 20 point lead in the polls.

I can't be sure of this but I'd say this board has a fair percentage of working-class folks contributing to it myself included and if that is the case I'd say that it is fairly representative of current opinion amongst us. Brexit has opened all sorts of rifts but the one it has exposed the most, in my opinion, is just how out of touch the middle-class has become from the concerns of the average man.

Anyone who thinks a vote for Labour is a vote for the party of the working class is living in the past.

Sadly, there is no party that really represents the working class in Britain anymore. UKIP who were setting up to take that mantle have self-imploded and the Brexit party is a one-trick pony which will have little relevance after this election. The Lib Dems have quite simply gone mad, not quite as mad as the Greens but still pretty darn loopy. The nationalist parties are queuing up to get liberation from the evils of Westminister so they can cosy up to the bigger evils of Brussels. Labour serve the middle-class elites and are set on self-destruction as well.

That leaves the Tories as the best of a very bad bunch and probably where my vote will go as getting Brexit done and restoring some faith in democracy has to be the first step in rebuilding faith in our parliamentary system.

You’ve nailed it mate, exactly where I am with all of it.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:54 pm

Tbailey wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
Labour is predicted to win 18 seats (a loss of 10); the Conservatives 17 seats (a gain of nine seats); Plaid Cymru, four seats, and the Liberal Democrats one seat (a gain of one seat).

It's honestly beggars belief how the Conservatives are gaining seats in Wales :shock: Do people realise what they are voting for!?
Do people know what the Tories have done to Wales over the years? Have the Welsh electorate become this stupid :o

Luckily this board is not representative of the general population in Wales but you're right about the Tories.Teresa May thought she was gonna piss the last election having a 20 point lead in the polls.

I can't be sure of this but I'd say this board has a fair percentage of working-class folks contributing to it myself included and if that is the case I'd say that it is fairly representative of current opinion amongst us. Brexit has opened all sorts of rifts but the one it has exposed the most, in my opinion, is just how out of touch the middle-class has become from the concerns of the average man.

Anyone who thinks a vote for Labour is a vote for the party of the working class is living in the past.

Sadly, there is no party that really represents the working class in Britain anymore. UKIP who were setting up to take that mantle have self-imploded and the Brexit party is a one-trick pony which will have little relevance after this election. The Lib Dems have quite simply gone mad, not quite as mad as the Greens but still pretty darn loopy. The nationalist parties are queuing up to get liberation from the evils of Westminister so they can cosy up to the bigger evils of Brussels. Labour serve the middle-class elites and are set on self-destruction as well.

That leaves the Tories as the best of a very bad bunch and probably where my vote will go as getting Brexit done and restoring some faith in democracy has to be the first step in rebuilding faith in our parliamentary system.

In many ways I agree with you, there isn't anyone that will look after the working class Welsh. Labour always had my vote but lost it due to the fact they never bothered to use it for any good... Plaid are the only ones within Wales that seem to have the best interests of the people.

The Welsh People voted to leave the slowest growing trade block in the World, why aren’t PC respecting the wishes of the people they claim to care about?

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:56 pm

Tbailey wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:It's honestly beggars belief how the Conservatives are gaining seats in Wales :shock: Do people realise what they are voting for!?
:

Well tell us how to vote mate, we’re stupid. I’m fact, we shouldn’t be allowed to vote at all..

Well voting anything bar Tory would be a start :lol: Unless you're on the rich list of course then I guess it makes sense to vote for them but for your average working/middle class folk the Tories just want to make life more difficult for you :thumbright:[/quote]

life has generally got better throughout my life under both parties. and the Tories have had their fair share in power during that time. oh. you do realise if you split the classes into working / middle and upper and only the upper class voted Tory that they would never ever have won one seat let alone an election...jeez duh

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:58 pm

Tbailey wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Tbailey wrote:Ah yes, that old word democracy... you do realise that democracy means people change their minds yes?

Tbailey wrote:It's honestly beggars belief how the Conservatives are gaining seats in Wales :shock: Do people realise what they are voting for!?
Do people know what the Tories have done to Wales over the years?

Am the only one who sees a bit of a contradiction here? In back to back posts as well. Most impressive ;)

W5 :ayatollah:

How so? Part of the quote is actually missing though... I said people change their minds when they realise they have been conned. Just like if people in Wales knew what the Tories wanted to do to Wales then they probably wouldn't vote for them :thumbup:

Yeah - I thought accusing people of wanting to leave the EU as being racist scumbags was a bit of unnecessary vitriol so I left it out - didn't think it added much to the context but happy to acknowledge the edit. :thumbup:

And if democracy means being able to change your mind (which incidentally it doesn't mean that at all it means a system of government that acts on the will of the people) then surely holding a party to account because of their actions in the past without the ability to change their minds is undemocratic by that logic.

Unquestioning support for something and hating the opposition through nothing but sheer blind faith and basing all your judgements on what happened in the past, rather than what is the reality today, is fine for something as fundamentally important as football - but such deep beliefs shouldn't hold with something as trivial as politics.

Think critically, not tribally.

W5 :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Jock wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

In many ways I agree with you, there isn't anyone that will look after the working class Welsh. Labour always had my vote but lost it due to the fact they never bothered to use it for any good... Plaid are the only ones within Wales that seem to have the best interests of the people.

The Welsh People voted to leave the slowest growing trade block in the World, why aren’t PC respecting the wishes of the people they claim to care about?

Because Brexit was a massive lie... fairy tales that were sold to the public time and time again! And even though they have been revealed the people still want self destruction?! Seems insane to me matey :shock:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Tbailey wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

Always good to find some common ground :thumbup:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:19 pm

Tbailey wrote:
Jock wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

Because Brexit was a massive lie... fairy tales that were sold to the public time and time again! And even though they have been revealed the people still want self destruction?! Seems insane to me matey :shock:

So what lies made me vote to leave.
Do you think the EUs CAP has been successful
Do you think the EUs trade with Africa is fair
Do you think EU plans to standardise income and corporation tax would benefit an independent Wales, in the EU
Do you think open borders benefits working class people
Why has the Euro only benefitted Germany and The Netherlands

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:20 pm

Tbailey wrote:
Jock wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

you are assuming that people voted leave because they believed the lies. trouble with that idea is both sides lied equally and if anything the remain lies carried more clout as they were coming from our most senior politicians.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Jock wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
Jock wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

Do you think EU plans to standardise income and corporation tax would benefit an independent Wales, in the EU

Germany benefits by having a fantastic economy and open borders. They also benefit due to all the free trade deals among the EU. This whole idea of shutting ourselves off from the rest of Europe is ludicrous! It's a small island mentality that is quite frankly pathetic. Also you forgot to mention that Wales benefits from being in the E.U... :?

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:41 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

You've hit the nail on the head. This is what I have been saying. I'm independent supporting the working class. but people saying well if we give you our vote then Tories will win the Seat. Not necessary were is the fight and element of surprise these parties have had free rain for many a year. only the voice of the people can change it. you have the power I'm sure if everybody wanted an independent candidate to win the Cardiff North election it would happen. Do any of these candidate know what it's like to support cardiff city or follow Wales football around the world. Are they proud to be Welsh or the heritage this country holds and living in Gods country. Why should we accept this. Just because these 2 parties have the infrasture support network. They can send up to £30k per constituency to get their message out there. We the working class people. Dont have to say yes we listen to them. They arent the only option. You want change in Cardiff North you can get what you want the power is in your hands. Vote for me. what have u got to lose. You would have a candidate that is proud to be welsh. Knows what's it like through times of hardship will be very supportive will be with you every step of the way. Through thick and thin
Last edited by RichardJones on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:41 pm

Tbailey wrote:
Jock wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
Jock wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

Germany benefits by having a fantastic economy and open borders. They also benefit due to all the free trade deals among the EU. This whole idea of shutting ourselves off from the rest of Europe is ludicrous! It's a small island mentality that is quite frankly pathetic. Also you forgot to mention that Wales benefits from being in the E.U... :?

shutting ourselves out...where has that come from...its just not true.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Back to the OP - isn't there s council election in Llanishen soon.

Would your good intentions best be served by standing as a candidate here first?

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:45 pm

dogfound wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
cf40 wrote:Brexit party racist?????? Or a party that wants this country to take back control of OUR borders and close the door to anyone who shouldn't be here. NHS and the education system in this country is on the brink of total collapse, and the lefties think we are racist. GET A GRIP ON REALITY YOU f*cking TWONK!!

Strange this one, last time I travelled Wales away I had to show my passport on entry to the UK. We all ready have control of our borders. As the man said you've been brainwashed.
The NHS couldn't carry on if it wasn't for workers coming into the UK.
Oh and by the way your post is racist just like the Brexit Party

yes you do have to show your passport...but , at present the person checking the passport has to allow you in if your an EU citizen even if you've only been a citizen of an EU country for 10 minutes... taking control of the borders does not mean everyone is not welcome ,just that we can be selective..
nice effort though much much better than the utter nonsense you normally spout about Wales being a world leader in exporting wind energy etc..

Believe in Wales
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:56 pm

Popeye Bluebird wrote:Dim diolch ffrind. Cymraeg dw I.

I'll be voting for Wales and Plaid Cymru.....it's unpopular on here as they seem to be very blinkered and brainwashed by thinking they can only vote for English parties like the Tories or Labour ....or even worse the racist Brexit party. 100% Plaid Cymru for me..... :old:

Me too :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:Back to the OP - isn't there s council election in Llanishen soon.

Would your good intentions best be served by standing as a candidate here first?

I wanted to do that but the date has passed for nominations I'm afraid. Anybody that wants to run as a candidate in general election has until 4pm Thursday 14th Nov to put their nomination papers in. Pay the registration fee.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:59 pm

BlueGog wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
cf40 wrote:Brexit party racist?????? Or a party that wants this country to take back control of OUR borders and close the door to anyone who shouldn't be here. NHS and the education system in this country is on the brink of total collapse, and the lefties think we are racist. GET A GRIP ON REALITY YOU f*cking TWONK!!

Strange this one, last time I travelled Wales away I had to show my passport on entry to the UK. We all ready have control of our borders. As the man said you've been brainwashed.

yes you do have to show your passport...but , at present the person checking the passport has to allow you in if your an EU citizen even if you've only been a citizen of an EU country for 10 minutes... taking control of the borders does not mean everyone is not welcome ,just that we can be selective..
nice effort though much much better than the utter nonsense you normally spout about Wales being a world leader in exporting wind energy etc..

Believe in Wales

England imports water from Wales out of convenience not out of necessity. it actually rains quite a bit in England. the minute it becomes uneconomical to import this water they will build a few damns and we would have a bunch of reservoirs to maintain that earn nothing..
3 pence per litre btw is an astronomical price. why not go for it and do an imaginary calculation based on 5p or 10p...
the problem with nationalists is they do not realise everything has a value and if your selling that value is only what someone is prepared to pay NOT some imaginary inflated figure you've come up with..

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Tbailey wrote:
Jock wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
Jock wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

As expected, I didn’t think you’d answer the actual questions I asked, basically you’re all about dog whistle politics and meaningless sound bites.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:02 pm

BlueGog wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

Believe in Wales

Don't quite get it. Our biggest exports in 2018 was transport and amounted to 4.1 billion pounds. Our total exports were just over 17 billion. I have seen a list of our main exports which make up the bulk of that total, but do not see water anywhere on that list, yet according to you it should be at the top accounting for a third of our total exports. Not sure why that water figure is not included in the official list of exports from Wales in 2018.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:08 pm

So we have a racist Brexit Party, include the Tories in that. Labour are racist also. PC are racist, with consideration to earlier comments.

The Lib Dems hate men.

Green Party anyone? Or are they chromataphobes and not to be trusted?

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

Believe in Wales

Don't quite get it. Our biggest exports in 2018 was transport and amounted to 4.1 billion pounds. Our total exports were just over 17 billion. I have seen a list of our main exports which make up the bulk of that total, but do not see water anywhere on that list, yet according to you it should be at the top accounting for a third of our total exports. Not sure why that water figure is not included in the official list of exports from Wales in 2018.

he is basing it on selling at 3 pence per litre...he thinks he is competing with Tesco not bulk selling millions of litres

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:15 pm

That made me actually laugh out loud , many on here are blinkered as they don’t vote the same way as me and it’s from someone with a name like popeye
You couldn’t make it up .

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:23 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

Believe in Wales

he is basing it on selling at 3 pence per litre...he thinks he is competing with Tesco not bulk selling millions of litres

So his "imagine this" headline is a sort of fairy tale thing. Imagine if climate change is as severe as forecast, and our reservoirs dry up. I have been through plenty of hosepipe bans and even water rationing in my lifetime because of low reservoirs, and most of that was before I had heard of climate change. Where would our £6b come from if we haven't enough for ourselves. Even more worrying, what happens if the countries we export to actually work out that by building reservoirs themselves, they won't need to pay for ours. Sounds a bit far fetched to me, but then again so did getting £8m for Zohore, maybe he is not as mad as he sounds. ;)

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:36 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

Believe in Wales

So his "imagine this" headline is a sort of fairy tale thing. Imagine if climate change is as severe as forecast, and our reservoirs dry up. I have been through plenty of hosepipe bans and even water rationing in my lifetime because of low reservoirs, and most of that was before I had heard of climate change. Where would our £6b come from if we haven't enough for ourselves. Even more worrying, what happens if the countries we export to actually work out that by building reservoirs themselves, they won't need to pay for ours. Sounds a bit far fetched to me, but then again so did getting £8m for Zohore, maybe he is not as mad as he sounds. ;)

they are all thick mate , building their own reservoirs wont enter their heads.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:51 pm

The Welsh have been campaigning against reservoirs for decades. Now they’re all the rage.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Surely it better supporting an independent then candidates of the major parties that really haven't got your best interests at heart. who dont live in the communityand see what happens on a daily basis, who will just say anything just to get your votes. It doesnt mean a lot to them. Say they will do this for you and just lieing to you to get their vote. their manefesto that really dont mean a lot. Dont mention mental health people that require our help. Children facing anxiety. Getting a plan program in place to help them & their families. What have you all got to lose giving your vote to an independent candidate trying something new. It will be a win for the people. Surely change is needed you all cant be up with the mediocrity. Give support to the middle class guy that knows the hardship families go through. That will be there to support each and every one of you. Let's go on this journey together.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:27 pm

I mean working class guy

Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:33 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

Believe in Wales

That's because we don't get paid for it! But your bill in Wales will be more than those across the border. Strange isn't it!

Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:55 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

Believe in Wales

That's because we don't get paid for it! But your bill in Wales will be more than those across the border. Strange isn't it!

the English companies abstracting the water pay the full abstraction costs plus pay for all maintenance on the reservoirs.. plus they pay Welsh water about 2.5 million pound a year....
I know that's nowhere near your ..if carlsburg did water abstraction thoughts ..but its money never the less and actually more than some countries exporting water get paid..
btw you can desalinate water 10 times cheaper than you think you can charge England for our water..

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:24 pm

rumpo kid wrote:So we have a racist Brexit Party, include the Tories in that. Labour are racist also. PC are racist, with consideration to earlier comments.

The Lib Dems hate men.

Green Party anyone? Or are they chromataphobes and not to be trusted?

Nah they've been rascist since Caroline Lucas left Dianne Abbot out of her fairy tale women only emergency cabinet as well mate.

So think Rich here might actually be the last man standing!

:D

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:so did getting £8m for Zohore, maybe he is not as mad as he sounds. ;)

:lol: