Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: General Election 12th December Cardiff North Candidate

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:45 am

No good going independent, just helps the Tory vote in a marginal seat, so sorry mate, I won’t be voting for you.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:21 am

Popeye Bluebird wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
cf40 wrote:Brexit party racist?????? Or a party that wants this country to take back control of OUR borders and close the door to anyone who shouldn't be here. NHS and the education system in this country is on the brink of total collapse, and the lefties think we are racist. GET A GRIP ON REALITY YOU f*cking TWONK!!

Strange this one, last time I travelled Wales away I had to show my passport on entry to the UK. We all ready have control of our borders. As the man said you've been brainwashed.
The NHS couldn't carry on if it wasn't for workers coming into the UK.
Oh and by the way your post is racist just like the Brexit Party

100% agree. The Brexit party is built on strong racist foundations, funny now though as Brexit will never happen :laughing6:

Agree,this is one of the biggest myths perpetuated by the leave campaign.We already have adequate laws,we just need the staff to make sure we can police them.Putin is laughing his socks off especially with comrade Cummings and his Puppet Boris at the helm.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:33 am

Classic political waffle, why can't any of you just answer a question with a straight answer?
And may I humbly suggest that instead of posting your very small manifesto on a football forum you do some leg work and meet the people,which seems to be a thing of the past nowadays!

Would I vote for you on your statement? Sorry no.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:20 am

I didn’t know Jeremy Corbyn and Momentum were in the Brexit Party.. they’re racists according to the Jewish lobby.
Or is their brand of racism ok?

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:18 pm

RichardJones wrote:
Dazzy wrote:
RichardJones wrote:As independent candidate I might be lucky to get maybe 10 votes or lucky enough to get people joining my band wagon and getting a few thousand votes. I'm not expecting a miracle as the power these major parties have and their back room staff are enormous. But do you really want to vote for an outsider who doesnt live in the community. Says I do this or that but in reality you might never really see in your community be in london 24/7 taken no interest in the community needs. I live here. only a knock on my door a phone call away for my help. Genuine family guy with morals being there for you. As I said earlier the most important thing for me is growing the community. seeing it blossom. Not taken no for an answer. It's no for today but not tomorrow. when there's a will there is a way. you only get out of life whatever you put into it and I'm prepared to sweat tears to get the job done. Failure isn't an option. Just want you all to come on a journey with me and let's show these parties that they are invisible. Show the future of tomorrow that anything is possible as long as you have the support of the people.

Save your £5k buddy. You’ve absolutely no chance. Apart from living in the area, which many people on here do, you don’t strike me as offering anything special that would stand any chance of you not losing your registration fee

Thanks Dazzy I understand were your coming from the registration fee is £500 and you get back that if you get one sixth of the votes. it cost me more to sponsor 2 of the cardiff players this season. which I have done most seasons. At least I'm getting a return on that money by getting their jerseys.

I just need to clarify the exact percentage as I think I could get a 1000 votes at a push.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:23 pm

JulesK wrote:Classic political waffle, why can't any of you just answer a question with a straight answer?
And may I humbly suggest that instead of posting your very small manifesto on a football forum you do some leg work and meet the people,which seems to be a thing of the past nowadays!

Would I vote for you on your statement? Sorry no.

Thank you for your message. I did answer all the questions and have been out speaking to the public and
getting their views and they want somebody that is local and understands what they require. Because most of the time what they are saying is on deaf ears. I only posted on here to ask the cardiff city fans that live in that area what are the most important issues that they feel they are getting let down on.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:26 pm

BlueGog wrote:
cf40 wrote:Brexit party racist?????? Or a party that wants this country to take back control of OUR borders and close the door to anyone who shouldn't be here. NHS and the education system in this country is on the brink of total collapse, and the lefties think we are racist. GET A GRIP ON REALITY YOU f*cking TWONK!!

Strange this one, last time I travelled Wales away I had to show my passport on entry to the UK. We all ready have control of our borders. As the man said you've been brainwashed.

yes you do have to show your passport...but , at present the person checking the passport has to allow you in if your an EU citizen even if you've only been a citizen of an EU country for 10 minutes... taking control of the borders does not mean everyone is not welcome ,just that we can be selective..
nice effort though much much better than the utter nonsense you normally spout about Wales being a world leader in exporting wind energy etc..

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Popeye Bluebird wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

100% agree. The Brexit party is built on strong racist foundations, funny now though as Brexit will never happen :laughing6:

Agree,this is one of the biggest myths perpetuated by the leave campaign.We already have adequate laws,we just need the staff to make sure we can police them.Putin is laughing his socks off especially with comrade Cummings and his Puppet Boris at the helm.

so we have a law that stops freedom of movement of EU citizens that just does not have enough staff to police it...?
right ok :thumbup:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:04 pm

Latest poll for Wales only (copied & pasted).
Labour is predicted to win 18 seats (a loss of 10); the Conservatives 17 seats (a gain of nine seats); Plaid Cymru, four seats, and the Liberal Democrats one seat (a gain of one seat).

Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:14 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Latest poll for Wales only (copied & pasted).
Labour is predicted to win 18 seats (a loss of 10); the Conservatives 17 seats (a gain of nine seats); Plaid Cymru, four seats, and the Liberal Democrats one seat (a gain of one seat).

The Lib Dems have an MP in Wales. Jane Dodds won the Brecon & Radnor seat earlier this year.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:47 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:

The Lib Dems have an MP in Wales. Jane Dodds won the Brecon & Radnor seat earlier this year.

Yes, they have obviously done their sums incorrectly. Another poll just a week back contradicts this one as can be seen;-
Conservative: 29% (+5)
Labour: 25% (+3)
Liberal Democrats: 16% (no change)
Brexit Party: 14% (-4)
Plaid Cymru: 12% (-3)
Greens: 4% (+1)
Others: 1% (no change)

The polls have not had everything correct in recent times, and there is plenty of time for things to change. Personally, I don't pay a great deal attention to them. It was only as we approached the referendum date that the polls started to suggest it may be a close run affair. Months earlier, the remain camp appeared to have it in the bag. I expect the current percentages to change as we get closer to the vote, and as the various parties feed us even more fairy tales and promises.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:18 pm

I'll only be voting for those parties who promise to comlpete Brexit ASAP - can you confirm you would vote to do whatever it takes to get Brexit done?

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:37 pm

T1JMO wrote:I'll only be voting for those parties who promise to comlpete Brexit ASAP - can you confirm you would vote to do whatever it takes to get Brexit done?

I guess that will have to be the Tories then. There is no way the Brexit Party will win a General Election, and if Conservative and Brexit voters battle against each other, the end result could be a Labour victory. I voted in favour of Brexit myself, even though I know there won't be much difference to me either way. I'm not rich enough for it to have much bearing on my lifestyle, in just the same way I never notice much difference whoever is in power in this country.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:37 pm

T1JMO wrote:I'll only be voting for those parties who promise to comlpete Brexit ASAP - can you confirm you would vote to do whatever it takes to get Brexit done?

Brexit needs to be completed ASAP. We had a referendum 3 years ago and the nation voted to leave. The longer it goes on the worse the economy will become. The country hasnt grown the GDP is falling. We have been overtaken by France. MP'S are there to respect and carry out the wishes of their residents. Instead of being selfish and putting the well being of themselves first.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:40 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

I guess that will have to be the Tories then. There is no way the Brexit Party will win a General Election, and if Conservative and Brexit voters battle against each other, the end result could be a Labour victory. I voted in favour of Brexit myself, even though I know there won't be much difference to me either way. I'm not rich enough for it to have much bearing on my lifestyle, in just the same way I never notice much difference whoever is in power in this country.

Steve you are a very wise person. Speaking a lot of sense. Most Mps are in it for what they can get out of it. lining their own pockets. Instead of providing a public service that will help their constituentcy flourish. knowing their Mp is fighting their corner and doing his best for them.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:49 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
RichardJones wrote:Hi Gents/Ladies

Just to make you aware I'm a local family guy. Living in heart of Cardiff North Constituency. A big Cardiff City & Wales fan. Season tickets to both.

I am running as an independent
representing the unheard voices of the Cardiff North community.Your grievances will no longer fall on deaf ears or go unanswered and unresolved your opinions matters. Put your trust in me, Give me the #peoplesvote I'm not london based as some of the candidates are. Actions speak louder than words and I’m not only prepared to say, I’m prepared to do on your behalf. Together let’s rebuild a community that works for everyone. And we’re proud to call home #TogetherStronger

Helping a community growtogether with unity pulling in the right direction. Bringing Family values and upfront person to solve your problems. I will fight your cause.

Let's hope with all your help you can make this underdog victorious.

Thanks in Advance your help is gratefully appreciated.

What is your opinion on democracy and carrying out the result of the referendum please ?

Ah yes, that old word democracy... you do realise that democracy means people change their minds yes? especially when they've been lied to by English nationalist/ racist scumbags :lol:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:53 pm

It's honestly beggars belief how the Conservatives are gaining seats in Wales :shock: Do people realise what they are voting for!?
Do people know what the Tories have done to Wales over the years? Have the Welsh electorate become this stupid :o

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:01 pm

Tbailey wrote:

It's honestly beggars belief how the Conservatives are gaining seats in Wales :shock: Do people realise what they are voting for!?
Do people know what the Tories have done to Wales over the years? Have the Welsh electorate become this stupid :o

Labour have run Wales ever since we voted for a Welsh Assembly. Never had anyone but Labour as first minister.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:06 pm

Tbailey wrote:

Luckily this board is not representative of the general population in Wales but you're right about the Tories.Teresa May thought she was gonna piss the last election having a 20 point lead in the polls.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:11 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

Labour have run Wales ever since we voted for a Welsh Assembly. Never had anyone but Labour as first minister.

Welsh Labour have never really had a say... that said, they haven't done anything good either and therefore have ended up alienating their voters in to voting for Conservative. However, as useless as Labour have been, Conservative is never the right way :thumbright:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Do people know what the Tories have done to Wales over the years? Have the Welsh electorate become this stupid :o[/quote] :

Well tell us how to vote mate, we’re stupid. I’m fact, we shouldn’t be allowed to vote at all..

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:24 pm

Tbailey wrote:Ah yes, that old word democracy... you do realise that democracy means people change their minds yes?

Tbailey wrote:It's honestly beggars belief how the Conservatives are gaining seats in Wales :shock: Do people realise what they are voting for!?
Do people know what the Tories have done to Wales over the years?

Am the only one who sees a bit of a contradiction here? In back to back posts as well. Most impressive ;)

W5 :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:25 pm

rumpo kid wrote:It's honestly beggars belief how the Conservatives are gaining seats in Wales :shock: Do people realise what they are voting for!?
:

Well tell us how to vote mate, we’re stupid. I’m fact, we shouldn’t be allowed to vote at all..[/quote]

Well voting anything bar Tory would be a start :lol: Unless you're on the rich list of course then I guess it makes sense to vote for them but for your average working/middle class folk the Tories just want to make life more difficult for you :thumbright:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:30 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Tbailey wrote:Ah yes, that old word democracy... you do realise that democracy means people change their minds yes?

Tbailey wrote:It's honestly beggars belief how the Conservatives are gaining seats in Wales :shock: Do people realise what they are voting for!?

Am the only one who sees a bit of a contradiction here? In back to back posts as well. Most impressive ;)

How so? Part of the quote is actually missing though... I said people change their minds when they realise they have been conned. Just like if people in Wales knew what the Tories wanted to do to Wales then they probably wouldn't vote for them :thumbup:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Tbailey wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

Welsh Labour have never really had a say... that said, they haven't done anything good either and therefore have ended up alienating their voters in to voting for Conservative. However, as useless as Labour have been, Conservative is never the right way :thumbright:

Most of what is important to the people of Wales has been devolved to the Welsh Government, Health, much of Education etc. Both Labour and Conservatives in Parliament use the same formula to decide our budget, although even the person responsible for the formula admitted it was no longer fit for purpose when he was alive. This partly explains why they are as bad as one another, and I'm fairly sure my life will not change much whatever happens in this election, or future Assembly elections.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

Luckily this board is not representative of the general population in Wales but you're right about the Tories.Teresa May thought she was gonna piss the last election having a 20 point lead in the polls.

I can't be sure of this but I'd say this board has a fair percentage of working-class folks contributing to it myself included and if that is the case I'd say that it is fairly representative of current opinion amongst us. Brexit has opened all sorts of rifts but the one it has exposed the most, in my opinion, is just how out of touch the middle-class has become from the concerns of the average man.

Anyone who thinks a vote for Labour is a vote for the party of the working class is living in the past.

Sadly, there is no party that really represents the working class in Britain anymore. UKIP who were setting up to take that mantle have self-imploded and the Brexit party is a one-trick pony which will have little relevance after this election. The Lib Dems have quite simply gone mad, not quite as mad as the Greens but still pretty darn loopy. The nationalist parties are queuing up to get liberation from the evils of Westminister so they can cosy up to the bigger evils of Brussels. Labour serve the middle-class elites and are set on self-destruction as well.

That leaves the Tories as the best of a very bad bunch and probably where my vote will go as getting Brexit done and restoring some faith in democracy has to be the first step in rebuilding faith in our parliamentary system.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tbailey wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

Most of what is important to the people of Wales has been devolved to the Welsh Government, Health, much of Education etc. Both Labour and Conservatives in Parliament use the same formula to decide our budget, although even the person responsible for the formula admitted it was no longer fit for purpose when he was alive. This partly explains why they are as bad as one another, and I'm fairly sure my life will not change much whatever happens in this election, or future Assembly elections.

I agree with you in the way that nothing seems to change anything but maybe then we need to look at options such as Independence... A hard Tory Brexit would cripple Wales and pretty much any other version wouldn't bring any benefits either.
All I know is the Tories will sell Wales down the river first when shit hits the fan :?

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:46 pm

Tbailey wrote:

Well you certainly have.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:48 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

its not just you... :lol: :lol:

but we are merely dopey Sun readers, we are not suppose to notice... :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:50 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tbailey wrote:

I can't be sure of this but I'd say this board has a fair percentage of working-class folks contributing to it myself included and if that is the case I'd say that it is fairly representative of current opinion amongst us. Brexit has opened all sorts of rifts but the one it has exposed the most, in my opinion, is just how out of touch the middle-class has become from the concerns of the average man.

Anyone who thinks a vote for Labour is a vote for the party of the working class is living in the past.

Sadly, there is no party that really represents the working class in Britain anymore. UKIP who were setting up to take that mantle have self-imploded and the Brexit party is a one-trick pony which will have little relevance after this election. The Lib Dems have quite simply gone mad, not quite as mad as the Greens but still pretty darn loopy. The nationalist parties are queuing up to get liberation from the evils of Westminister so they can cosy up to the bigger evils of Brussels. Labour serve the middle-class elites and are set on self-destruction as well.

That leaves the Tories as the best of a very bad bunch and probably where my vote will go as getting Brexit done and restoring some faith in democracy has to be the first step in rebuilding faith in our parliamentary system.

In many ways I agree with you, there isn't anyone that will look after the working class Welsh. Labour always had my vote but lost it due to the fact they never bothered to use it for any good... Plaid are the only ones within Wales that seem to have the best interests of the people.