Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SWANSEA RELEASE STATEMENT / AFTER DISGRACEFUL IMAGE "

Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:15 pm

SOUTH WALES POLICE

We are aware re an image on social media relating to Emiliano Sala.
We are investigating & will be working closely with @SwansOfficial @CardiffCityFC
We would remind people not to share the image as they may be committing an offence.
Anyone with info call 101 occ 1900395865

^CD https://t.co/ktD3LYbaME

SWANSEA CITY CLUB STATEMENT

Swansea City is aware of the disgraceful image currently circulating on social media ahead of Sunday’s South Wales derby in relation to the sad death of Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala.

We are working closely with South Wales Police who will be conducting an investigation to identify the initial source.

The image is shameful and does not represent this football club or our supporters in any way.

We have a zero-tolerance policy towards any discriminatory, unacceptable or anti-social behaviour, and this will be enforced rigorously before, during and after Sunday’s South Wales derby.

Any supporters displaying this type of material or behaving in an unacceptable manner will face criminal proceedings.

The club will be strongly supporting South Wales Police in any public order or hate crime prosecutions surrounding these images and any related incidents during Sunday’s fixture at the Liberty Stadium.

UPDATED

This is what their fans have done.

Disgusting :evil:

Re: " DISGUSTING FROM THE JACKS "

Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:22 pm

You've really got to be sick in the head to do something like that.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Yes but we are not clean are we?

Alan Davies and Terry Coles come to mind.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:32 pm

and sharing it here is exactly what they wanted you to do

Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:37 pm

Let's do our talking on the pitch

Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Yes but we are not clean are we?

That makes it ok does it?

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Designed to offend the emotionally challenged.Doing their job putting it up here.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:12 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Yes but we are not clean are we?

Ahh well there we go, who are we to be disgusted eh.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:13 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Designed to offend the emotionally challenged.Doing their job putting it up here.

It would have ended up on here somewhere seen as its all over social media.

Hopefully the club see it so that's our team talk sorted.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:25 pm

I hope they have the police cameras on them and catch them with their stupid gestures, the idiots!

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:43 pm

I fully expected to see plane gestures from their fans. At least that could be put down to drunken in the moment stupidity, to some extent. The person who did this has obviously put a lot of thought and effort into it. Sick.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:55 pm

Im sure our lads will see this what a great spur for us with that piece of garbage on our dressing room wall now lets f*cking ave em get em going neil and mozz

Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:16 pm

Don't make it right but they've had it for years from us Barry rondeau Alan Davies terry coles etc.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:32 pm

Being a swansea fan im disgusted by that. The majority would not stand for that

Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:51 pm

Trefelin06 wrote:Being a swansea fan im disgusted by that. The majority would not stand for that

Genuinely believe this is the case as well.

We all have our share of idiots.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:37 pm

No proof it came from a Swansea fan.

I honestly hope it has though. Because the idea that a Cardiff fan did this to cause a fuss or get some attention is much, much worse

Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:03 pm

Anyone caught with any of these vile tickets should get a life ban and also be publicly named and shamed.Once their identity is revealed,they will be shitting themselves in fear of retribution.Probably some spotty teenager thinking he's a legend in the making. Stick their names and faces in the local papers i say. :bluebird:

Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:35 pm

From “the Jacks”? Don’t be so silly, you are using what this kid did to be inflammatory yourself.

What you mean is, this is disgusting from one person who is clearly trying to wind you up?

Why are you giving the idiot the exposure, he did that for this very reason and you are playing into his hands all in the name of trying to put a misleading an inflammatory title on here.

What is the source anyway? I have my doubts this is even from a Swansea fan. Has the stench of someone trying to stir up trouble to me.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:42 pm

Good and bad in every walk of life unfortunately

Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:52 pm

Hopefully the cretins who did this will face a jail sentence. As if our players need any more motivation.....

Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:53 pm

Hmmm on further investigation this seems to be getting quite fishy.

Apparently this leads back to a Cardiff account and he refuses to say where he got it from. Some suggestion online that this isn’t all quite what it seems.

Is this a vile “false flag” attempt in order to stir conflict? All the hallmarks.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:05 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:Hmmm on further investigation this seems to be getting quite fishy.

Apparently this leads back to a Cardiff account and he refuses to say where he got it from. Some suggestion online that this isn’t all quite what it seems.

Is this a vile “false flag” attempt in order to stir conflict? All the hallmarks.

I'm loathe to agree with you but it does look that way.

Horrendous

Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:19 pm

Why would you hate to agree with someone, bizarre :?

But anyway yes, it didn’t feel right from the start. I would say 99.9% of Swansea fans wouldn’t even know who Mikey Dye is. Absolutely reeks of a Cardiff fan mocking his own players and fans death with the sole aim of causing trouble.

You guys should be all over this in an attempt to find out who and where it originated from. I have a feeling the club also feel this is not Swansea based and are working with the police to investigate the source. I would love it if they got caught.

If anybody knows who did this (I have a suspicion some on here may know due to recent discussions) then they should come forward.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:37 pm

Don’t know how to post an image on here:-

Phil Cole
@philsajack
Replying to
@SwansBlog
and
@swarf14
Apparently the pics were shared via a cardiff fans Snapchat group... But NOT to a Swansea group, and the group aren't prepared to name the source. Weird that.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:45 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Designed to offend the emotionally challenged.Doing their job putting it up here.

I agree.
tasteless

Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:This is what their fans have done.

Disgusting :evil:

IMG_20191025_171312.jpg

Christ alive...what the f is wrong with some people..... :banghead:

Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:03 pm

What? Weird thing to say

Re: " SWANSEA RELEASE STATEMENT / DISGUSTING FROM THE JACKS

Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:41 pm

SWANSEA CITY CLUB STATEMENT

Swansea City is aware of the disgraceful image currently circulating on social media ahead of Sunday’s South Wales derby in relation to the sad death of Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala.

We are working closely with South Wales Police who will be conducting an investigation to identify the initial source.

The image is shameful and does not represent this football club or our supporters in any way.

We have a zero-tolerance policy towards any discriminatory, unacceptable or anti-social behaviour, and this will be enforced rigorously before, during and after Sunday’s South Wales derby.

Any supporters displaying this type of material or behaving in an unacceptable manner will face criminal proceedings.

The club will be strongly supporting South Wales Police in any public order or hate crime prosecutions surrounding these images and any related incidents during Sunday’s fixture at the Liberty Stadium.

Re: " SWANSEA RELEASE STATEMENT / DISGUSTING FROM THE JACKS

Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:53 pm

Well it's to be expected that police would be involved prison awaits the perpetrator of the picture! Some stupid people about :roll:

Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:44 pm

welsh-dragon-days wrote:Why would you hate to agree with someone, bizarre :?

But anyway yes, it didn’t feel right from the start. I would say 99.9% of Swansea fans wouldn’t even know who Mikey Dye is. Absolutely reeks of a Cardiff fan mocking his own players and fans death with the sole aim of causing trouble.

You guys should be all over this in an attempt to find out who and where it originated from. I have a feeling the club also feel this is not Swansea based and are working with the police to investigate the source. I would love it if they got caught.

If anybody knows who did this (I have a suspicion some on here may know due to recent discussions) then they should come forward.

As you are aware I seldom respond to you.

But you just said 99.9% of Swansea fans wouldn't know who Mikey Dye was, yet the other day were bigging up the fact you're fans were so respectfull after his death and some played in a charity match, so which is it?

Just condemn it, let the Police do their investigation and they will trace it back to the original source.

You're comments show a lack of class once again.