Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OFFICIAL " CARDIFF CITY SIGN STRIKER "

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Cardiff City Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Isaac Vassell, subject to international clearance.

The 25-year-old joins the Bluebirds from Birmingham City and has signed a three-year contract, keeping him at Cardiff City Stadium until the summer of 2022.

A pacey forward, Vassell began his career in the West Country, with Plymouth Argyle and Truro City.

In 2016, he moved on to this Saturday’s opponents, Luton Town, with whom he scored 16 goals from 55 league and cup appearances, before joining Blues.

Having put pen to paper on his City deal, Isaac spoke exclusively to Cardiff City TV.

"I'm delighted to get here," said Isaac. "Cardiff City is a massive Club. Look at the squad - there are some big players in there and the manager is amazing.

"It feels like the right step to further my career. I want to show everyone what I'm about: pace, power and getting goals. Hopefully, I can make that happen.

"There are a good few faces in the squad and the lads that I've seen have already made me feel welcome, which is brilliant."

Re: OFFICIAL " CARDIFF CITY SIGN STRIKER "

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Hope he does well for us.

Having said that though I still think aigning another striker is an utter waste when we needed to sign 2 cm’s and a RB. Hopefully we can somehow at least get 1 Cm in before today is over.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:58 pm

phildavies wrote:Hope he does well for us.

Having said that though I still think aigning another striker is an utter waste when we needed to sign 2 cm’s and a RB. Hopefully we can somehow at least get 1 Cm in before today is over.

Especially as it seems we've spent/wasted 3 days getting this transfer done!

Good luck to him. I hope he does well. And I hope he can play CM.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:04 pm

I feel the negativity is high on here!
:laughing6:

But seriously, we need to give him a chance and get behind him and the team imo.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Is he any better than Harris or Healy.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:07 pm

I have no issue with this signing to be honest, judge him on how he does.

Just hope we didn't pay a fee for him.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:12 pm

marky1927 wrote:Is he any better than Harris or Healy.

In the managers opinion YES.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:24 pm

I've spoken to a few bham fans who are sad to see him go.

He missed a lot of last season I think, but will hopefully be a good signing for us.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:12 pm

Owain wrote:I've spoken to a few bham fans who are sad to see him go.

He missed a lot of last season I think, but will hopefully be a good signing for us.

I read a Birmingham message board for their opinions on him and the main feeling seem to be they are sorry to see him go but its more for the fact that it leaves them with just two strikers both big centre forward types than his scintillating play. There some who thought they should hang on to him as he might come good one day and others who thought get rid as he has done nothing much even when fit. Mixed opinions really this one could go either way.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I have no issue with this signing to be honest, judge him on how he does.

Just hope we didn't pay a fee for him.

Im sure I read we paid 3m for him

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Let’s see if he will be our 20 a season striker highly doubt it

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:51 pm

bluebells wrote:Let’s see if he will be our 20 a season striker highly doubt it

20 goals ?

I will be suprised if he plays 20 times let alone score 20 goals

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:55 pm

The injury record of Birmingham striker Isaac Vassell, who is expected to join Cardiff ahead of the transfer window closing, had proved a concern to Luton boss Graeme Jones.

Vassell was snapped up by the Hatters from Truro City in July 2016, netting 16 goals in 55 games during his time at Kenilworth Road.

He was sold to the Blues for an undisclosed fee in August 2017, but has only played 24 times while at St Andrews, suffering two serious injuries.

With that in mind, Jones said: “If he does go to Cardiff, then that’s Cardiff’s problem now.

“He’s someone that you’re always concerned with, he did his cruciate and had another operation, on I think it was his thigh, so he ends up spending the best part of 18 months out.

“I think he’s trained during the whole of pre-season, but there’s nothing like a player in a groove who’s robust, you know that they’re going to be able to come in and hit the ground running.

“So I think, by all reports, he’s a top character and a good professional, so I’m sure he’ll be fine wherever he goes.”

Although the Bluebirds appear clear favourites to land the 25-year-old, Town’s efforts aren’t completely over either, as when asked if the deal was dead, Jones said: “You never know in football, but I think Cardiff have financially gone out on a limb for him, so that’s just how it is.

" CARDIFF HAVE FINANCIALLY GONE OUT ON A LIMB FOR HIM "

That's a worrying statement, how much did we pay ?

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:05 pm

bluebells wrote:Let’s see if he will be our 20 a season striker highly doubt it

Troll that joined the board today pikey smell to him