Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply on fb

Ex Cardiff City Director

Simon Williams:
Cardiff are going to look like a really shambles and shameless club here. Really embarrassing. No club or decent player will want to do business with us going forward. Awful. Who advises our club :oops:

More made up clap trap, this guy is a Finance Director with HSBC, never been on the board at CCFC :laughing5:

For your information Leytonstoneblue i have never ever worked for HSBC or any other bank for that matter. I have always worked in marketing and work for the IoD. As Annis CORRECTLY states, i was a board Director of Cardiff City FC PLC with a 10% stake holding in the club between circa 1993 and 1995 (3 seasons) under the Chairmanship of Mr Rick Wright. May be you would now like to offer your apology to Mr Abraham's :bluebird:

Thanks for the clearing that up, I obviously had a different Simon Williams, who is a finance Director for HSBC, who was involved in structuring the financial deal that brought Tan on board, but was not a Cardiff Director, so you have my apologies :thumbup: Why I initially questioned your validity, was because of the crass assesment that you made on the situation "Cardiff are going to look like a really shambles and shameless club here. Really embarrassing. No club or decent player will want to do business with us going forward. Awful. Who advises our club" IMO I would expect a more educated and measured response from a former Director of a football club :thumbup:

Forever Blue:

I see you never agreed with me as usual or apologised directly to me, with your pathetic reply earlier, so in future stay of my topics and comments.
As i have NO respect at all for you.

Re: Hillsborough QC Agrees to Represent Sala family
Postby Leytonstoneblue » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Reply on fb

Ex Cardiff City Director

Simon Williams:
Cardiff are going to look like a really shambles and shameless club here. Really embarrassing. No club or decent player will want to do business with us going forward. Awful. Who advises our club :oops:

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:54 am

More made up clap trap, this guy is a Finance Director with HSBC, never been on the board at CCFC :laughing5:

Once again NO APOLOGY TO ME Leystoneblue :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:34 pm

dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Abuse already started :cry:

It's laughable this comes from West Ham of all clubs :roll: :lol:

if it was just West Ham id agree, but it is very much how everyone apart from our current regime and a minority of our fans see it.

I honestly think they have undone all the fantastic work they have previously done in changing how many perceive our club no matter what the outcome.

Out of interest where do you get you claim above that it's a "minority of our fans "

Have you personally surveyed fans? Have you got another survey you can reference?

Or is it guess work by yourself?

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:11 pm

Wonder if these solicitors say “yessssssss” every time there’s a tragedy where wealthy individuals or organisations may be involved.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:01 pm

wez1927 wrote:agree the same people saying pay up will be moaning about the debt in a few months time

What debt Wez? It's not as if we went out and bought another striker. The monies were already accounted for.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:06 pm

Bluebina wrote:Spot on, and it's easy to say pay up when it's someone else's money.

No, it's easy to say pay up when you would do the same. Some people still do put their moral standing before their bank balance.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:09 pm

Some points arising regarding this thread

1. The QC has put himself forward to represent the family of Emiliano Sala in a negligence leading to his sad and untimely death case. Cardiff City had nothing to do with the events which caused his death so cannot be held liable for any such negligence.

2. The likely defendants to any negligence claim are Willie McKay who has publicly admitted to having been personally involved in various transport arrangements and FC Nantes as the club who utilised his services despite being aware that he was not an authorised football intermediary and therefore not entitled to take part in the deal.

3. FC Nantes may have money to pay up if a successful claim is made against them , but recovering money from Willie McKay may prove more difficult as he is still under a Bankruptcy Restriction Undertaking and will remain so until at least August 2023.

4. Some posters refer to CCFC being liable to pay wage costs for a three year contact period for ES.Notwithstanding the ongoing legal argument that he never became our player , this would not be payable in any case. As sad as the events have been , his death meant that he was unable to fulfil his side of the contract by being available to play so his employer (whether it turns out in the end to be Nantes or CCFC) has no obligation to pay wages post his death.

I sincerely hope that the Sala family are successful in getting some financial compensation for his death from whoever is shown to be responsible , although it will never of course fully compensate for the tragic loss of a loved one, but that responsible party will not be CCFC. Once the dust has settled in due course , I believe that the club will make a voluntary monetary contribution to his family and/or home town back in Argentina as a mark of respect.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:14 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

if it was just West Ham id agree, but it is very much how everyone apart from our current regime and a minority of our fans see it.

I honestly think they have undone all the fantastic work they have previously done in changing how many perceive our club no matter what the outcome.

Out of interest where do you get you claim above that it's a "minority of our fans "

Have you personally surveyed fans? Have you got another survey you can reference?

no I did not do a survey but also know that sharks don't live in trees because I did a survey either..

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:15 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:If the club are not very careful here we are going to end up looking like the priers of world football. We are going to come across as heartless at best, and dishonest at worst. i realise if ES was not "officially" our player, and some negotiations with Nantes should be done over the final agreed fee in private, however we presented ES to the world as "our player" and if we had not "bought him" then he would never have boarded that tragic aeroplane and he would still be living and playing his football for Nantes. So we morally as a club have a duty to work a fair payment structure out with Nantes. Or maybe premier league clubs of today have no morals any more ?
We if we are not careful will come out of this looking very very bad. A lot of top clubs, agents and players wont want to touch us with a barge poll going forward, unless we are seen to do the right thing over this awful tragic case :bluebird:

Simon

When the truth finally comes out over all of this sad affair , I don`t think the club will come out as looking like pariahs at all.
Indeed their stance of saying they wanted nothing to do with Willie McKay is regarded as a positive amongst the more honest and reputable football intermediary population.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:42 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:If the club are not very careful here we are going to end up looking like the priers of world football. We are going to come across as heartless at best, and dishonest at worst. i realise if ES was not "officially" our player, and some negotiations with Nantes should be done over the final agreed fee in private, however we presented ES to the world as "our player" and if we had not "bought him" then he would never have boarded that tragic aeroplane and he would still be living and playing his football for Nantes. So we morally as a club have a duty to work a fair payment structure out with Nantes. Or maybe premier league clubs of today have no morals any more ?
We if we are not careful will come out of this looking very very bad. A lot of top clubs, agents and players wont want to touch us with a barge poll going forward, unless we are seen to do the right thing over this awful tragic case :bluebird:

Simon

When the truth finally comes out over all of this sad affair , I don`t think the club will come out as looking like pariahs at all.
Indeed their stance of saying they wanted nothing to do with Willie McKay is regarded as a positive amongst the more honest and reputable football intermediary population.

isn't that a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.
his boys were on contract here ?
he flew various representatives of our club back and fore to France ?
and has been neck deep in this deal from before it was considered a deal ?

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:45 pm

dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

no I did not do a survey but also know that sharks don't live in trees because I did a survey either..

Well may I suggest you refrain from totally unsubstantiated claims as it makes your point futile.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:56 pm

dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Simon

What if the club made it perfectly clear from the outset that they wanted nothing to do with Willie McKay but the following parties insisted that he be involved?

1. FC Nantes
2. Mr Neil Warnock

What is the club expected to do in each case

1. Tell another club who they are allowed to employ as an intermediary?
2. Sack the manager?

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:57 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Well may I suggest you refrain from totally unsubstantiated claims as it makes your point futile.

ill continue to be truthfull you continue lying to yourself . deal ?

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:58 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Spot on, and it's easy to say pay up when it's someone else's money.

No, it's easy to say pay up when you would do the same. Some people still do put their moral standing before their bank balance.

How much are you paying then ???

Put proof of payment up on here for us all to see :thumbup:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:05 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:Some points arising regarding this thread

1. The QC has put himself forward to represent the family of Emiliano Sala in a negligence leading to his sad and untimely death case. Cardiff City had nothing to do with the events which caused his death so cannot be held liable for any such negligence.

2. The likely defendants to any negligence claim are Willie McKay who has publicly admitted to having been personally involved in various transport arrangements and FC Nantes as the club who utilised his services despite being aware that he was not an authorised football intermediary and therefore not entitled to take part in the deal.

3. FC Nantes may have money to pay up if a successful claim is made against them , but recovering money from Willie McKay may prove more difficult as he is still under a Bankruptcy Restriction Undertaking and will remain so until at least August 2023.

4. Some posters refer to CCFC being liable to pay wage costs for a three year contact period for ES.Notwithstanding the ongoing legal argument that he never became our player , this would not be payable in any case. As sad as the events have been , his death meant that he was unable to fulfil his side of the contract by being available to play so his employer (whether it turns out in the end to be Nantes or CCFC) has no obligation to pay wages post his death.

I sincerely hope that the Sala family are successful in getting some financial compensation for his death from whoever is shown to be responsible , although it will never of course fully compensate for the tragic loss of a loved one, but that responsible party will not be CCFC. Once the dust has settled in due course , I believe that the club will make a voluntary monetary contribution to his family and/or home town back in Argentina as a mark of respect.

Agreed that's what I have said :thumbup:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:21 pm

dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Simon

and has been neck deep in this deal from before it was considered a deal ?[/quote

I thought he was not an authorised football intermediary and therefore not entitled to take part in the deal.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:38 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:Some points arising regarding this thread

Keith, I have been waiting to hear your take on this tragic, & wholly avoidable situation.

My limited understanding of things was, and still is, that a full & thoroughly robust, & totally transparent investigation take place into Every aspect of Emiliano Sala's so called transfer to Cardiff City FC.

"Let Justice Be done, Though the Heavens Fall"!

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:This case & the Nantes Fc case will cost Cardiff City £millions.

This will now go on for a long long time and our club will be dragged through the mud beyond.

Of course you are correct on both those points. However, it doesn't make our club wrong for raising the issue.

I think it was the Wales On Line article that alluded to the fact that Nantes had not rushed to get all of this done and dusted because they wanted to ensure that they had a replacement lined up (City had similar safeguards in place apparently). Therefore if, as a result of that, the deal wasn't finalised surely it's not right that we have to pay the full fee just because Nantes were hedging their bets ?

It is a bit distasteful that this is happening but if we are in the right then I'm all for the club being careful in throwing £15m around. You have been critical of this regime wasting money in the past so surely you can't be criticising them now for wanting to be sure of the governance surrounding this record deal ?

If it is decided that we are liable then we should pay, and with interest, but if we're not then why should we ? The club have already stated they would look after the family whatever the outcome which seems to have been glossed over.

Just one thing on the costs of this legal action. I would suggest that if we are successful and proved to be correct that there is every likelihood that out costs will have to be paid by the other parties as part of a civil action so that part of it shouldn't get in the way of us seeking the truth.

we are not going to ever be seen as being in the right here no matter what judgement or technicality manages to get whoevers job it was to secure insurance off the hook.

it is what it is. and our club look terrible.
as for the 15 million anyone that thinks we will not now lose far more than that in the long run is living in the clouds.
keep reading how business works and how this is how all businesses operate :lol: reality is you can never get your good name or reputation back.
don't see many clubs , especially foreign clubs wanting to sell us players without money up front, or sending players here for pre signing medicals without putting all sorts of obstacles in the way at minimum that's if they want to deal with us at all..

I agree that we may well tarnish our reputation with agents and that may cause us some difficulties in the future.

However, if we are found to be correct and not liable for the £15m then surely that makes our position correct, whatever the impact in the future ?

There aren't many successful business men in any walk of life that would fork out £15m if they weren't liable for it just to keep everyone happy :roll: :lol:

I find it amazing that people can immediately have a go at the current regime for undertaking due diligence and safeguarding the assets of the club.

As I said before; if we are found liable then we should pay, however, at the moment there seems to be, at least, some query as to whether we are liable.

I understand that many have a deep rooted distain for the current owner but that shouldn't come into this particular issue. None of us know the exact details or legalities but common sense would seem to suggest that there is at least some doubt over it and with £15m at stake that needs to be decided before any money changes hands.

Correction if its deemed he's a city player the cost is £30m as city will be liable for full contract wages ect ect :thumbup:

Allan,

Keith Morgan has answered this in this Topic :thumbright: :thumbright:

Keith Morgan aka Since62:

Some posters refer to CCFC being liable to pay wage costs for a three year contact period for ES.Notwithstanding the ongoing legal argument that he never became our player , this would not be payable in any case. As sad as the events have been , his death meant that he was unable to fulfil his side of the contract by being available to play so his employer (whether it turns out in the end to be Nantes or CCFC) has no obligation to pay wages post his death.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:45 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

West Ham numpty posts a load of spite and bile now that's a surprise :o

These Hammers fans have short memories Winston Reid and FC Midtjylland springs to mind.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:This case & the Nantes Fc case will cost Cardiff City £millions.

This will now go on for a long long time and our club will be dragged through the mud beyond.

Of course you are correct on both those points. However, it doesn't make our club wrong for raising the issue.

I think it was the Wales On Line article that alluded to the fact that Nantes had not rushed to get all of this done and dusted because they wanted to ensure that they had a replacement lined up (City had similar safeguards in place apparently). Therefore if, as a result of that, the deal wasn't finalised surely it's not right that we have to pay the full fee just because Nantes were hedging their bets ?

It is a bit distasteful that this is happening but if we are in the right then I'm all for the club being careful in throwing £15m around. You have been critical of this regime wasting money in the past so surely you can't be criticising them now for wanting to be sure of the governance surrounding this record deal ?

If it is decided that we are liable then we should pay, and with interest, but if we're not then why should we ? The club have already stated they would look after the family whatever the outcome which seems to have been glossed over.

Just one thing on the costs of this legal action. I would suggest that if we are successful and proved to be correct that there is every likelihood that out costs will have to be paid by the other parties as part of a civil action so that part of it shouldn't get in the way of us seeking the truth.

we are not going to ever be seen as being in the right here no matter what judgement or technicality manages to get whoevers job it was to secure insurance off the hook.

as for the 15 million anyone that thinks we will not now lose far more than that in the long run is living in the clouds.
keep reading how business works and how this is how all businesses operate :lol: reality is you can never get your good name or reputation back.
don't see many clubs , especially foreign clubs wanting to sell us players without money up front, or sending players here for pre signing medicals without putting all sorts of obstacles in the way at minimum that's if they want to deal with us at all..

I agree that we may well tarnish our reputation with agents and that may cause us some difficulties in the future.

However, if we are found to be correct and not liable for the £15m then surely that makes our position correct, whatever the impact in the future ?

There aren't many successful business men in any walk of life that would fork out £15m if they weren't liable for it just to keep everyone happy :roll: :lol:

I find it amazing that people can immediately have a go at the current regime for undertaking due diligence and safeguarding the assets of the club.

As I said before; if we are found liable then we should pay, however, at the moment there seems to be, at least, some query as to whether we are liable.

I understand that many have a deep rooted distain for the current owner but that shouldn't come into this particular issue. None of us know the exact details or legalities but common sense would seem to suggest that there is at least some doubt over it and with £15m at stake that needs to be decided before any money changes hands.

Correction if its deemed he's a city player the cost is £30m as city will be liable for full contract wages ect ect :thumbup:

Allan,

Some posters refer to CCFC being liable to pay wage costs for a three year contact period for ES.Notwithstanding the ongoing legal argument that he never became our player , this would not be payable in any case. As sad as the events have been , his death meant that he was unable to fulfil his side of the contract by being available to play so his employer (whether it turns out in the end to be Nantes or CCFC) has no obligation to pay wages post his death.

One thing sorted at least thanks. :thumbup:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:15 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Simon

What if the club made it perfectly clear from the outset that they wanted nothing to do with Willie McKay but the following parties insisted that he be involved?

1. FC Nantes
2. Mr Neil Warnock

2. Sack the manager?

oh you can say you dont want anything to do with someone but then have lots to do with them providing you have a few provisos..no...having NOTHING TO DO WITH ..actually means that.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:33 pm

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit and let all the official people in charge sort out what’s right and what’s wrong.Lets not be too judgemental just yet, truth will come out and then people can have their say.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:00 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Simon

1. FC Nantes
2. Mr Neil Warnock

2. Sack the manager?

have to ask...is this a prelude to throwing Warnock under the bus.
interesting as you do not seem to consider our manager as part of ..the club..

Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:59 pm

nins27 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Simon

and has been neck deep in this deal from before it was considered a deal ?[/quote

I thought he was not an authorised football intermediary and therefore not entitled to take part in the deal.

he isn't but was involved never the less... what positive we get from saying we don't want anything to do with him after the event beats me.. as does the idea we had a choice which was use Mckay or sack the manager..

Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:13 pm

dogfound wrote:
nins27 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Simon

he isn't but was involved never the less... what positive we get from saying we don't want anything to do with him after the event beats me.. as does the idea we had a choice which was use Mckay or sack the manager..

It would appear Keith is saying they is way more to this than meets the eye

I still see cardiff coming out poorly but I would expect tan as Keith says to look after the family he is honourable in regards to that sort of thing but ruthless in business and the transfer issue and unfortunate death of ES is whether we agree or not business

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:03 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
nins27 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Simon

I still see cardiff coming out poorly but I would expect tan as Keith says to look after the family he is honourable in regards to that sort of thing but ruthless in business and the transfer issue and unfortunate death of ES is whether we agree or not business

its why I asked the question...I find the 2 answers to his own questions erm..im not sure/. but not right
should we tell a club who they should not have as an intermediary .. well yes if he is not licensed .
as for sacking the manager.. just wow.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:05 pm

dogfound wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
nins27 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Simon

its why I asked the question...I find the 2 answers to his own questions erm..im not sure/. but not right
should we tell a club who they should not have as an intermediary .. well yes if he is not licensed .
as for sacking the manager.. just wow.

Yeah agreed on the non agent but if we wanted the deal done then and they insisted on McKay then who knows

Guess it will all come out in the end

Will be a lot of mess thrown at the club but I’m sure Vinny will stick to his word and support the Sala family

I would have rathered we paid the first isntallemnt personally and then made a statement stating that look we’ve made the payment whilst we look into an unfortunate situation whereby the original paperwork for the deal was not correct and due to ES unfortunate death the contract signed originally may be void and as a business we have to ensure the contract is watertight before we pay the remaining balance

I think something along those lines would explain the situation better (it is a one in a million scenario) and that we have full intention of honouring the remainder should the necessary legal documents be in order, I know we have said similar bt it could have been handled with a little better PR from within the club imo to put to be some of the nonsense floating around in the papers

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:This case & the Nantes Fc will cost Cardiff City £millions.

Sorry to say it but the club deserves to be dragged through the mud and vilified.

This is an opinion of my own and only judges will now decide whether I am wrong. Even then the damage will be done and the taste in my mouth will not go away.

All for the sake of money that was not then used elsewhere.

The club will not come out of this well.

Tan in the last 9 years has lost 4 cases against Agents.
A case against
Dave Jones
Peter Ridsdale
Sam Hammam

I believe in total those cases alone have cost our club £millions upon £millions.

Now this one will be very costly, but as many of you say this is about a young man who we declared to the world as our player and intend to get out of it in a technicality and error caused by our own club.

And ripped off Malky !

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:This case & the Nantes Fc will cost Cardiff City £millions.

Sorry to say it but the club deserves to be dragged through the mud and vilified.

This is an opinion of my own and only judges will now decide whether I am wrong. Even then the damage will be done and the taste in my mouth will not go away.

All for the sake of money that was not then used elsewhere.

The club will not come out of this well.

Tan in the last 9 years has lost 4 cases against Agents.
A case against
Dave Jones
Peter Ridsdale
Sam Hammam

I believe in total those cases alone have cost our club £millions upon £millions.

Now this one will be very costly, but as many of you say this is about a young man who we declared to the world as our player and intend to get out of it in a technicality and error caused by our own club.

And ripped off Malky !

Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:13 pm

dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

ill continue to be truthfull you continue lying to yourself . deal ?

Lol struggling here aren't you. Continue to be truthful yet you've posted a completely made up unsubstantiated claim. Yep just great with the truth aren't you.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Allan,

I would agree with Keith, who is an excellent knowledgable poster, but even he can say this 100%, because there could be some sort of clause in the contract, saying in the event of death wages are payable until the end of the contract, although unlikely we can't assume any posts on here or reports in the papers are gospel !!!

Only Choo, Nantes and a few legal people will know the situation exactly the rest is hearsay and speculation.

We will be talking about it for years like the loan notes, although hopefully, football will be back again soon and this stuff will take a back seat again.