Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Hillsborough QC Agrees to Represent Sala family

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:09 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
glas wrote:Mansfield QC is a media hungry parasite. But aren't all lawyers?

He will charge £millions for his services. So who is putting the front money up? There is no way these people start work without a guaranteed up front payment.

Sala's family don't have that kind of money. Whoever is found at fault (pilot, McKay) in the end will not have that money.

Mansfield is a brilliant QC, his record proves it, he will get justice for the family and in the end thats all that should matter, regardless of the cost and to who :thumbup:

But who will pay? Mansfield is not doing this for no money.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:15 am

glas wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

He will charge £millions for his services. So who is putting the front money up? There is no way these people start work without a guaranteed up front payment.

Sala's family don't have that kind of money. Whoever is found at fault (pilot, McKay) in the end will not have that money.

Mansfield is a brilliant QC, his record proves it, he will get justice for the family and in the end thats all that should matter, regardless of the cost and to who :thumbup:

Guessing he’s going no win no fee. Probably take a percentage cos someone was definitely at fault and there’s money to be made

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:20 am

There are a few key posters on here with an agenda against the club. They’ll use any issue as a stick to beat our club with. The ironic thing is that they will go around claiming to be amongst our most loyal supporters....they’re anything but that in my eyes

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:22 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:This case & the Nantes Fc case will cost Cardiff City £millions.

This will now go on for a long long time and our club will be dragged through the mud beyond.

Of course you are correct on both those points. However, it doesn't make our club wrong for raising the issue.

I think it was the Wales On Line article that alluded to the fact that Nantes had not rushed to get all of this done and dusted because they wanted to ensure that they had a replacement lined up (City had similar safeguards in place apparently). Therefore if, as a result of that, the deal wasn't finalised surely it's not right that we have to pay the full fee just because Nantes were hedging their bets ?

It is a bit distasteful that this is happening but if we are in the right then I'm all for the club being careful in throwing £15m around. You have been critical of this regime wasting money in the past so surely you can't be criticising them now for wanting to be sure of the governance surrounding this record deal ?

If it is decided that we are liable then we should pay, and with interest, but if we're not then why should we ? The club have already stated they would look after the family whatever the outcome which seems to have been glossed over.

Just one thing on the costs of this legal action. I would suggest that if we are successful and proved to be correct that there is every likelihood that out costs will have to be paid by the other parties as part of a civil action so that part of it shouldn't get in the way of us seeking the truth.

we are not going to ever be seen as being in the right here no matter what judgement or technicality manages to get whoevers job it was to secure insurance off the hook.

it is what it is. and our club look terrible.
as for the 15 million anyone that thinks we will not now lose far more than that in the long run is living in the clouds.
keep reading how business works and how this is how all businesses operate :lol: reality is you can never get your good name or reputation back.
don't see many clubs , especially foreign clubs wanting to sell us players without money up front, or sending players here for pre signing medicals without putting all sorts of obstacles in the way at minimum that's if they want to deal with us at all..

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:22 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply on fb

Ex Cardiff City Director

Simon Williams:
Cardiff are going to look like a really shambles and shameless club here. Really embarrassing. No club or decent player will want to do business with us going forward. Awful. Who advises our club :oops:

More made up clap trap, this guy is a Finance Director with HSBC, never been on the board at CCFC :laughing5:

Bullshit Simon was on the board with Rick Wright.

So the only bullshitter is you

Actually Simon posts on here :thumbright:

Just have a look at who the Directors were on them days and perhaps an apology might be accepted or will you do your usual thing and disappear from the forum.

Put his profile up then, prove it and I will appologise-simples

I have put a link up to his fb

And I have pm Simon Williams who will put it all up for you, rem I said Simon was an ex Director of Cardiff City under RICK WRIGHT :thumbright:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=599681228

I have known Simon since I was 12 yrs old and he was my neighbour for 18 years and he is about 5years older than nev :thumbright:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:25 am

glas wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Well if its Nantes or City or the agents are found culpible then they will be sued for damages, however, as its a high profile case, I'm sure that the publicity alone would provide an ample source of future revenue in the shape of winning future clients.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:25 am

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:This case & the Nantes Fc will cost Cardiff City £millions.

This will now go on for a long long time and our club will be dragged through the mud beyond.

Sorry to say it but the club deserves to be dragged through the mud and vilified.

This is an opinion of my own and only judges will now decide whether I am wrong. Even then the damage will be done and the taste in my mouth will not go away.

All for the sake of money that was not then used elsewhere.

The club will not come out of this well.

I was going to correct you ...those currently running the club..NOT our club.
I thought and im wrong...even should they leave next month its our club that have the bad name and not the individuals.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:26 am

Chris Morgan:

Cardiff knew he was there player he was flying over to to train with team a head of Newcastle game tan just trying to get a way with paying pay up tan and let salary family have the respect they deserve we all know agents are crooks as for the pilot very dodgy police should look at that more.

In respect to saying sala was flying over to train with the time b4 the Newcastle game I think u will find he was not ,and he was returning back after the Newcastle game on the Monday ready to train on the Tuesday I might be wrong on that.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:31 am

pembroke allan wrote:This as got nothing to do with club so why are people vilifying club? This is about responsibility for the death of ameliano which clearly lies with whoever arranged flight! Can blame club for other things but not the flight :thumbup:

I agree with your general view. I wondered whether having such a significant resource investigating the case might actually work in our favour to apportion blame

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:37 am

nins27 wrote:

Chris Morgan:

Cardiff knew he was there player he was flying over to to train with team a head of Newcastle game tan just trying to get a way with paying pay up tan and let salary family have the respect they deserve we all know agents are crooks as for the pilot very dodgy police should look at that more.

In respect to saying sala was flying over to train with the time b4 the Newcastle game I think u will find he was not ,and he was returning back after the Newcastle game on the Monday ready to train on the Tuesday I might be wrong on that.

Correct he was flying back for training he was allowed to go back before Newcastle . :thumbup: 0

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:38 am

dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:This case & the Nantes Fc case will cost Cardiff City £millions.

Of course you are correct on both those points. However, it doesn't make our club wrong for raising the issue.

I think it was the Wales On Line article that alluded to the fact that Nantes had not rushed to get all of this done and dusted because they wanted to ensure that they had a replacement lined up (City had similar safeguards in place apparently). Therefore if, as a result of that, the deal wasn't finalised surely it's not right that we have to pay the full fee just because Nantes were hedging their bets ?

It is a bit distasteful that this is happening but if we are in the right then I'm all for the club being careful in throwing £15m around. You have been critical of this regime wasting money in the past so surely you can't be criticising them now for wanting to be sure of the governance surrounding this record deal ?

If it is decided that we are liable then we should pay, and with interest, but if we're not then why should we ? The club have already stated they would look after the family whatever the outcome which seems to have been glossed over.

Just one thing on the costs of this legal action. I would suggest that if we are successful and proved to be correct that there is every likelihood that out costs will have to be paid by the other parties as part of a civil action so that part of it shouldn't get in the way of us seeking the truth.

we are not going to ever be seen as being in the right here no matter what judgement or technicality manages to get whoevers job it was to secure insurance off the hook.

as for the 15 million anyone that thinks we will not now lose far more than that in the long run is living in the clouds.
keep reading how business works and how this is how all businesses operate :lol: reality is you can never get your good name or reputation back.
don't see many clubs , especially foreign clubs wanting to sell us players without money up front, or sending players here for pre signing medicals without putting all sorts of obstacles in the way at minimum that's if they want to deal with us at all..

I agree that we may well tarnish our reputation with agents and that may cause us some difficulties in the future.

However, if we are found to be correct and not liable for the £15m then surely that makes our position correct, whatever the impact in the future ?

There aren't many successful business men in any walk of life that would fork out £15m if they weren't liable for it just to keep everyone happy :roll: :lol:

I find it amazing that people can immediately have a go at the current regime for undertaking due diligence and safeguarding the assets of the club.

As I said before; if we are found liable then we should pay, however, at the moment there seems to be, at least, some query as to whether we are liable.

I understand that many have a deep rooted distain for the current owner but that shouldn't come into this particular issue. None of us know the exact details or legalities but common sense would seem to suggest that there is at least some doubt over it and with £15m at stake that needs to be decided before any money changes hands.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:40 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
glas wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Well if its Nantes or City or the agents are found culpible then they will be sued for damages, however, as its a high profile case, I'm sure that the publicity alone would provide an ample source of future revenue in the shape of winning future clients.

His death as got nothing to do with city they did not arrange pilot the flight or any other aspect of this, if a club is responsible its Nantes as agent is tied in with them :thumbup:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:43 am

piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I agree that we may well tarnish our reputation with agents and that may cause us some difficulties in the future.

However, if we are found to be correct and not liable for the £15m then surely that makes our position correct, whatever the impact in the future ?

There aren't many successful business men in any walk of life that would fork out £15m if they weren't liable for it just to keep everyone happy :roll: :lol:

I find it amazing that people can immediately have a go at the current regime for undertaking due diligence and safeguarding the assets of the club.

As I said before; if we are found liable then we should pay, however, at the moment there seems to be, at least, some query as to whether we are liable.

I understand that many have a deep rooted distain for the current owner but that shouldn't come into this particular issue. None of us know the exact details or legalities but common sense would seem to suggest that there is at least some doubt over it and with £15m at stake that needs to be decided before any money changes hands.

Correction if its deemed he's a city player the cost is £30m as city will be liable for full contract wages ect ect :thumbup:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:47 am

pembroke allan wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Correction if its deemed he's a city player the cost is £30m as city will be liable for full contract wages ect ect :thumbup:

Agreed, which makes it even more important that the club makes sure that they are liable.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:50 am

piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Well said, blame Vincent Tan for everything, getting boring now, just because people do not like him or as you say a deep seated disdain for him, it is really obvious :thumbup:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:51 am

piledriver64 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Agreed, which makes it even more important that the club makes sure that they are liable.

Simply put if city are correct Nantes dont lose anything other than the player. As he's insured by them. If city lose they are liable for large part of 30m?. Those using morality against club will be 1st in queue to slag club off for not spending money next season as surely any loss will effect budget next season. :old:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:53 am

piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I have no distain for our owner and my posts over the years will prove my thoughts to be the exact opposite..but backing this regime over most things does not mean im blinkered and agree with everything they do .
we have all seen cases where someone gets off on a loophole or technicality where the whole world is shocked ..OJ..?
being found correct or technically right is not going to remove the mud/shit im afraid..
it might save us 15 mill { a small sum in football terms now } and whoevers job is at stake over insurance their position..but long term we lose..

I find much of whats gone on totally tasteless and apart from a few dozen on here that seems to be the consensus within football.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:59 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Ex Cardiff City Director

Simon Williams:
Cardiff are going to look like a really shambles and shameless club here. Really embarrassing. No club or decent player will want to do business with us going forward. Awful. Who advises our club :oops:

More made up clap trap, this guy is a Finance Director with HSBC, never been on the board at CCFC :laughing5:

For your information Leytonstoneblue i have never ever worked for HSBC or any other bank for that matter. I have always worked in marketing and work for the IoD. As Annis CORRECTLY states, i was a board Director of Cardiff City FC PLC with a 10% stake holding in the club between circa 1993 and 1995 (3 seasons) under the Chairmanship of Mr Rick Wright. May be you would now like to offer your apology to Mr Abraham's :bluebird:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:11 am

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:This case & the Nantes Fc will cost Cardiff City £millions.

Sorry to say it but the club deserves to be dragged through the mud and vilified.

This is an opinion of my own and only judges will now decide whether I am wrong. Even then the damage will be done and the taste in my mouth will not go away.

All for the sake of money that was not then used elsewhere.

The club will not come out of this well.

The OP is about negligence.

Facts:

Cardiff City offered a commercial flight to Sala.

Mckay offered to arrange a private flight.

Sala accepted that offer and the tragic accident happened.

How do you cone up with your summary that the club will not cone out of this well????

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 am

Abuse already started :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:19 am

Igovernor wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Well said, blame Vincent Tan for everything, getting boring now, just because people do not like him or as you say a deep seated disdain for him, it is really obvious :thumbup:

please do not tar the vast majority of people thinking this is god damn awful and completely tasteless as doing so purely because its Tan.
its more the opposite mate..anyone that can not see how totally wrong this whole episode is does so because they are entrenched in defending Tan /Choo / Dalman no matter what...its like Malky mk2 defending the indefensible..

3 man delegation travel thousands of miles to go to a funeral of a player WE TRIED TO SIGN...{ the letters containing those words were being opened at clubs at the same time as the funeral }..you don't need an anti Tan agenda to see how wrong that is surely

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:22 am

grange_end1927 wrote:Abuse already started :cry:

It's laughable this comes from West Ham of all clubs :roll: :lol:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 am

If the club are not very careful here we are going to end up looking like the priers of world football. We are going to come across as heartless at best, and dishonest at worst. i realise if ES was not "officially" our player, and some negotiations with Nantes should be done over the final agreed fee in private, however we presented ES to the world as "our player" and if we had not "bought him" then he would never have boarded that tragic aeroplane and he would still be living and playing his football for Nantes. So we morally as a club have a duty to work a fair payment structure out with Nantes. Or maybe premier league clubs of today have no morals any more ?
We if we are not careful will come out of this looking very very bad. A lot of top clubs, agents and players wont want to touch us with a barge poll going forward, unless we are seen to do the right thing over this awful tragic case :bluebird:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Ex Cardiff City Director

Simon Williams:

For your information Leytonstoneblue i have never ever worked for HSBC or any other bank for that matter. I have always worked in marketing and work for the IoD. As Annis CORRECTLY states, i was a board Director of Cardiff City FC PLC with a 10% stake holding in the club between circa 1993 and 1995 (3 seasons) under the Chairmanship of Mr Rick Wright. May be you would now like to offer your apology to Mr Abraham's :bluebird:

Thanks for the clearing that up, I obviously had a different Simon Williams, who is a finance Director for HSBC, who was involved in structuring the financial deal that brought Tan on board, but was not a Cardiff Director, so you have my apologies :thumbup: Why I initially questioned your validity, was because of the crass assesment that you made on the situation "Cardiff are going to look like a really shambles and shameless club here. Really embarrassing. No club or decent player will want to do business with us going forward. Awful. Who advises our club" IMO I would expect a more educated and measured response from a former Director of a football club :thumbup:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:28 am

This case is about the sad loss of sala and our club did not have anything to do with transport of sala then I personally don't see what our club as done wrong.

The people who did make the flight arrangement's are the ones that will be prosecute and not our club I would have thought.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:30 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Ex Cardiff City Director

Simon Williams:

Thanks for the clearing that up, I obviously had a different Simon Williams, who is a finance Director for HSBC, who was involved in structuring the financial deal that brought Tan on board, but was not a Cardiff Director, so you have my apologies :thumbup: Why I initially questioned your validity, was because of the crass assesment that you made on the situation "Cardiff are going to look like a really shambles and shameless club here. Really embarrassing. No club or decent player will want to do business with us going forward. Awful. Who advises our club" IMO I would expect a more educated and measured response from a former Director of a football club :thumbup:

Forever Blue:

I see you never agreed with me as usual or apologised directly to me, with your pathetic reply earlier, so in future stay of my topics and comments.
As i have NO respect at all for you.

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Reply on fb

Ex Cardiff City Director

Simon Williams:

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:54 am

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:31 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Ex Cardiff City Director

Simon Williams:

This i am afraid is how i feel over the whole matter. Morally we have a duty to work out a fair deal with Nantes, we after all showed ES off to the gathered press as "our player", We cant say one thing and then search for loop holds to do another. In business some times you need to do the more Honorable thing, and not the most profitable :bluebird:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:36 am

piledriver64 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Abuse already started :cry:

It's laughable this comes from West Ham of all clubs :roll: :lol:

if it was just West Ham id agree, but it is very much how everyone apart from our current regime and a minority of our fans see it.

I honestly think they have undone all the fantastic work they have previously done in changing how many perceive our club no matter what the outcome.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:39 am

Reply fb

Clive Mallard:

It's gone on for to long and making our club look really bad and if you where the owner of another club would you want to do any business with us in the summer ? It's becoming a farce and making the club look very bad. Put the money owed in an account which they can't touch until the investigation is over and these problems and the ridicule will stop ?

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:45 am

Bolton fan on twitter:

Replying to @AnnisAbraham

@OllieLR92
All very distasteful. This wouldn’t of been happening if he was alive.

Replying to @AnnisAbraham @SkySportsPL

@OllieLR92
Your happy to celebrate him, bluebird for life etc then the club act like this. Is it Tan?

Replying to @AnnisAbraham

@OllieLR92
Hopefully it gets sorted before it gets very very messy.