UPDATED “ BREAKING: BODY TAKEN TO AMBULANCE AND

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING “ EMILIANO SALA PLANE FOUND “

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:30 pm

goats wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Obviously not an expert on the topic, but this investigation was started and finished in a day. What were the guernsey police doing? Again not pointing fingers as this is probably a stupid question[/quo

Exactly. They found it in a day two weeks after the event. Total incompetence by the Guernsey tosser and somebody needs to be brought to account

Totally uncalled for. Like the previous poster pointed out they where searching for sign of life.
A rescue mission.
Not searching for a wreckage.

Really? And they gave up didn't even try to find any wreckage or try and find him just left him to rot

How can they search under the sea? They DONT have the tech, these people do. :banghead:

Because the equipment needed to do a search underwater is very limited, hence why a specific type of vessel has been used for this search. The vessel alone will probably be costing around £10,000 a day maybe a lot more (I’m just going off what I know from working in thenoffshore industry) And this equipment is not available to Search and Rescue teams.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Obviously not an expert on the topic, but this investigation was started and finished in a day. What were the guernsey police doing? Again not pointing fingers as this is probably a stupid question

Exactly. They found it in a day two weeks after the event. Total incompetence by the Guernsey tosser and somebody needs to be brought to account

I take it you are an expert on deep sea salvage operations then.

Fellas, it seems that the two bodies have possibly been found according to unconfirmed reports.
Please let the discussion you're having take place at another time.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby noisycat » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:31 pm

Why will the Police be involved other than acting on behalf of the Coroner, as it’s never been mentioned that there was anything illegal about the flight? It may have been badly organised but that doesn’t make it a criminal matter.
noisycat

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:33 pm

goats wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Obviously not an expert on the topic, but this investigation was started and finished in a day. What were the guernsey police doing? Again not pointing fingers as this is probably a stupid question[/quo

Totally uncalled for. Like the previous poster pointed out they where searching for sign of life.
A rescue mission.

Really? And they gave up didn't even try to find any wreckage or try and find him just left him to rot

How can they search under the sea? They DONT have the tech, these people do. :banghead:

So why didn't they do that 2 weeks ago ?
CF23 Bluebird

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:34 pm

I read the article on the daily mail and they report that an remote controlled underwater vehicle was sent down to assess what was found on the sonar so they must have a pretty good idea of what is down there to make the statements they have made :(
welshrarebit

Postby thomasblue » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:34 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Ibby wrote:Thank you David, you have delivered your promise. Hopefully some closure for the families now. Just say if the body not in the plane, what happens from here. Today news is big for everyone.

Spot On Ibby .

Judging by the bbc report I just read the boat that located the wreckage is staying at the scene overnight and they will make visual contact in the morning.

They have already visually identified the plane using a ROV (remote operated vehicle) from the Aaib ship
thomasblue

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:35 pm

welshrarebit

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:38 pm

goats wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:

A rescue mission.

So why didn't they bring in the expertise then ? You're the f*cking Banghead
CF23 Bluebird

Postby Fowler T » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:38 pm

Ibby wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Ibby wrote:Thank you David, you have delivered your promise. Hopefully some closure for the families now. Just say if the body not in the plane, what happens from here. Today news is big for everyone.

Spot On Ibby .

Looks like they are not alive. I am so upset and crying in the front of my computer.

Hope you feeling better soon.

thomasblue wrote:Sounds strange but I hope both bodies are on board so they can be retrieved and burried properly.

Nobody wants this to end without a definitive answer to what happened and where they are, everybody needs closure to this tragedy.

I didn't think they would be onboard as the cushions were found in France but BNL is reporting that the bodies were located.

Most people have accepted that they wouldn't have survived so to bring the bodies home so they can have a resting place is much better than the thought of them just being left in the sea.
Fowler T

Postby Jumanji Jim » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 pm

The unconfirmed reports regarding the discovery of bodies must be based on the ROV cam then, as to the best if my knowledge, sonar only works on dense reflecting objects not human flesh and bones - we will know more tomorrow anyway. Horrible horrible news :-(
But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together
Jumanji Jim

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I read the article on the daily mail and they report that an remote controlled underwater vehicle was sent down to assess what was found on the sonar so they must have a pretty good idea of what is down there to make the statements they have made :(

If an ROV was sent down they would have been able to view it quite clearly, I work on ROV’s and they often are fitted with HD cameras. Hopefully this will give closure to their families, although nobody wants this to be reality.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:53 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:
goats wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:

A rescue mission.

So why didn't they bring in the expertise then ? You're the f*cking Banghead

No he's not. In this case this expertise has been provided by huge donations from football players and the public, but the cost of that sort of thing is prohibitive in most cases. There are thousands of people lost at sea every year and they don't start bringing in oceanographic mapping ships and ROV's to search for remains unless it can be paid for privately.
That's reality I'm afraid.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:54 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:I read the article on the daily mail and they report that an remote controlled underwater vehicle was sent down to assess what was found on the sonar so they must have a pretty good idea of what is down there to make the statements they have made :(

If an ROV was sent down they would have been able to view it quite clearly, I work on ROV’s and they often are fitted with HD cameras. Hopefully this will give closure to their families, although nobody wants this to be reality.

I figured as much. You only have to see the quality of images that David Attenborough gets to see how good the technology is. I am sure they would have good equipment for the sort of work they do - I believe the waters are shallower than they would be used to too? Absolutely agree with your last bit :(
welshrarebit

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:01 pm

welshrarebit wrote:

I figured as much. You only have to see the quality of images that David Attenborough gets to see how good the technology is. I am sure they would have good equipment for the sort of work they do - I believe the waters are shallower than they would be used to too? Absolutely agree with your last bit :(

I’ve worked in the channel a couple of times and not really worked deeper than 50m. An ROV depending on type can work anywhere from 1m to 3000m, so water depth doesn’t effect their capabilities. The visibility (seabed disruption) would be the only issue and current strengths.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Rodneyblue » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:14 pm

Well, it looks like closure at last for both families. Very very sad news indeed.
Rodneyblue

Postby Ibby » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:14 pm

Even if they survived a crash landing onto the sea without any injuries. The plane would have sunk in minutes in the best possible scenario, and conditions were simply too harsh for survival in the water, at that time, on that date, in those conditions.
Ibby

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:26 pm

Ibby wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Spot On Ibby .

Looks like they are not alive. I am so upset and crying in the front of my computer. Poor families and fans all suffering. I still can't get my head around this and the answer is why it happened.

David is a proper expert, i had faith in him, he got the job done.

Its over a week of coarse they can not be alive. Dew Dew
Nuclearblue

Postby Ibby » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:40 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Ibby wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Spot On Ibby .

Looks like they are not alive. I am so upset and crying in the front of my computer. Poor families and fans all suffering. I still can't get my head around this and the answer is why it happened.

The bodies more then likely will be found with the plane. Strapped into the seats. Very sad. We all were hoping a miracle could happen , lets see what is confirmed in the morning.
Ibby

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:22 am

Ibby wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Ibby wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Spot On Ibby .

The guy leading the search,gave us all pretty much,in saying" the families have been given devastating news"and could not or would not elaborate, other than a statement will be issued in morning.R.I.P. EMILIANO &DAVID :sad7: :sad7: :sad7:
The bodies more then likely will be found with the plane. Strapped into the seats. Very sad. We all were hoping a miracle could happen , lets see what is confirmed in the morning.
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:31 am

This news is not unexpected but it is still exceptionally sad :cry:

Let's wait until the 'official' statement this morning before making too much comment, as there may be a number of reasons things weren't clarified on Sunday :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA PLANE FOUND “

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:10 am

DAVID MEARN(Head of the wreckage team):

"This is about the best result we could of hoped for the families, but I have had to tell them devastating news, all I will say about the wreckage is there is a substantial amount of wreckage on the sea bed."

"The wreckage was found 24miles north of Guernsey. and was found with in hours of our new search."

"A part of the wreckage we have brought back with us."

"There is a team now stationed at the spot of the wreckage."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby RageJon » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:31 am

Thankfully there will be closure family

#sala
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:37 am

Emiliano Sala’s father has spoken of his heartache after wreckage of the plane carrying the missing Cardiff City footballer was discovered in the English Channel.

Speaking at his home in Argentina, Horacio Sala said he was in a “bad dream” and “desperate” after a privately-funded search operation found the aircraft in waters north of Guernsey on Sunday.

“I cannot believe it. This is a dream. A bad dream. I am desperate,” Mr Sala told local broadcaster Cronica TV.

“I communicated with them every day, but since I do not have WhatsApp it’s hard to call them or call me.

“They told me that the days passed and there was no news of Emiliano or the plane.”

The Piper Malibu N264DB that had been carrying 28-year-old Sala and pilot David Ibbotson, 59, disappeared over the English Channel on January 21 after leaving Nantes in France for Cardiff.

Two vessels, including one commissioned by the AAIB, using sonar had been taking part in a fresh search covering an area of around four square nautical miles.

Marine scientist David Mearns, the director of Blue Water Recoveries, led a team on the search vessel FPV Morven while the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) also sent a team aboard its the Geo Ocean III.

Mr Mearns tweeted: “Wreckage of the plane carrying Emiliano Sala and piloted by David Ibbotson was located early this morning by the FPV MORVEN. As agreed with the AAIB they moved the GEO OCEAN III over the position we provided them to visually identify the plane by ROV.

“The families of Emiliano Sala and David Ibbotson have been notified by Police. The AAIB will be making a statement tomorrow. Tonight our sole thoughts are with the families and friends of Emiliano and David.”
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:07 am

Miller)
"We located the wreckage of the plane on the seabed at a depth of about 63m within a couple of hours of starting to search.

"After that we needed to identify the plane. Initially we had to do that with our sonars to make sure it wasn't any other objects on the seabed. We made a series of high resolution passes that enabled us to define that this was most probably a plane. After that we called in the larger vessel, the one that has been contracted by the UK AAIB, and this confirmed it was the plane.

"They saw the registration number. The biggest surprise was that most of the plane was there. We were expecting to find a debris field. It is broken but most of it is there.

"The next step is down to the AAIB. They have contracted the vessel they are using for three days so they have at least two days under that contract."

The search area being targeted on Sunday (Image: Marine Traffic)
Mr Mearns said they probably would not be able to recover it in that period of time but that is "probably what they are now evaluating".

"If they can dive today [Monday], and the conditions aren't great, then hopefully they can get some more information about how they would attempt that recovery.

"Even if they bring in a different vessel with deep sea divers we are still working in winter time and we're getting about one to two days of fair weather a week.”

Asked if the bodies of Sala and Mr Ibbotson are likely to be there, he said: "That's a possibility and they will be planning for that as well. There are a number of things the AAIB have to consider but their main role obviously is to find out what caused this crash.

"I was in touch with the family of Emiliano Sala last night [Sunday] by text and through Emiliano's agent, and the family desperately would like the plane to be recovered. They felt they have done beyond what any sort of normal family would have ever done in raising this money to get the private search done so quickly and now they feel it is the responsibility of the Government to take the next step.

"That was clear in my meetings with the AAIB. Now we are talking about an accident scene and the police are involved."

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:35 am

goats wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:

A rescue mission.

Because the equipment needed to do a search underwater is very limited, hence why a specific type of vessel has been used for this search. The vessel alone will probably be costing around £10,000 a day maybe a lot more (I’m just going off what I know from working in thenoffshore industry) And this equipment is not available to Search and Rescue teams.

Mate, the naivety and insensitivity amount some on here is unbelievable at times.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:43 am

DAVID MEARN:

"They saw the registration number. The biggest surprise was that most of the plane was there. We were expecting to find a debris field. It is broken but most of it is there.”

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Calzaghes trainset » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:38 am

Anybody else notice how close the plane was to land.
Attachments
0CB201EE-1611-4BF8-BAC5-DF5C17BA74E2.png
0CB201EE-1611-4BF8-BAC5-DF5C17BA74E2.png (905.63 KiB) Viewed 5326 times
Calzaghes trainset

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:43 am

Calzaghes trainset wrote:Anybody else notice how close the plane was to land.

According to its position on Marine traffic it roughly 20 nautical miles north of Guernsey.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Calzaghes trainset » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:46 am

According to its position on Marine traffic it roughly 20 nautical miles north of Guernsey.

That pic looks real close. Could be a stock photo though.
Calzaghes trainset

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:56 am

Calzaghes trainset wrote:

That pic looks real close. Could be a stock photo though.

Yes it will be a stock photo.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat