Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: GLIMMER OF HOPE?

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:18 am

Reza wrote:This was taken on Tuesday morning early, apparently over that direction, has to be checked properly

Why weren't these pictures handed in asap.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:32 am

Would have thought if true they would have landed from helicopter if can do that onto boat in 60mph winds surely they would have done this in lighter winds even in dark must have been feasible.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:32 am

Its 1.6 miles from St Anne's. Surely someone can go there it would only take 20mins in a boat.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:34 am

Charlie Harper wrote:Great bit of info and surely this has to be checked on.

Please come home Emiliano :bluebird:

Replying to me here ?

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 am

Ibby wrote:

Replying to me here ?

Yeah :thumbup:

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:41 am

Charlie Harper wrote:
Ibby wrote:

Replying to me here ?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I also have email this to the club to help them.

I have spotted this comment on the police facebook page

Scott Brehaut
Scott Brehaut do you seriously think that we don’t know about Burhou, and that it hasn’t already been checked. Not only has it been subjected to numerous flypasts, the Alderney lifeboat did a search of it on the first night they went missing.
Last edited by Ibby on Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:42 am

Ibby wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
Ibby wrote:

Replying to me here ?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I also have email this to the club to help them.

Good man and I hope to God this is where they are safe :bluebird:

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:07 am

Why have the news such as BBC, ITV & Sky completely left out the Flare images and reports?

If it's fake or not related why can't they just say that?!

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:11 am

Reverse image searched the flare photo and there’s no other source for it online from before the disappearance.

Only two possibilities about it in my mind are that the flares were set off or some sick person is having a morbid wind up

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:06 am

Reza wrote:This was taken on Tuesday morning early, apparently over that direction, has to be checked properly

Surely these are not flares. Unless there are rockets based on that island.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:56 am

Searching Burhou
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:02 am

They are saying they are using a plane but would they actually be able to land on the burhu island with the plane? Cant they get a helicopter? They surely need to land on the island to search it on foot

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:35 am

Do these flypasts use thermal cameras? If Sala is on one of these islands the first place hes going is inside one of the buildings.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:47 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:They are saying they are using a plane but would they actually be able to land on the burhu island with the plane? Cant they get a helicopter? They surely need to land on the island to search it on foot

Apparently need Queens permission to enter island on foot.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:51 am

Savigma wrote:Why have the news such as BBC, ITV & Sky completely left out the Flare images and reports?

If it's fake or not related why can't they just say that?!

Well if you think about it the fact it hasn't been mentioned on the BBC ITV & SKY gives you an indication on the validity of the flare reports

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:13 am

Whilst im usually a posotive person i just cant see how a pilot in that plane at night, with those conditions would ever see an island. They wouldnt even of been able to see the sea. Whilst id love for them both to be found safe and well i think the police. And coastguard have way more knowledge and understanding than any of us and am sure they are doing there upmost to find them and us telling them from our armchairs what they should be doing is not fair

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 am

stuey1981 wrote:Whilst im usually a posotive person i just cant see how a pilot in that plane at night, with those conditions would ever see an island. They wouldnt even of been able to see the sea. Whilst id love for them both to be found safe and well i think the police. And coastguard have way more knowledge and understanding than any of us and am sure they are doing there upmost to find them and us telling them from our armchairs what they should be doing is not fair

Nando parrado and his rugby team were missing with their plane and rescued after 2 1/2 month's in the Andes in -20° temperatures. Yes I know the terrain was different and the vast area was huge but it can happen.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:15 am

Dahboy wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:Whilst im usually a posotive person i just cant see how a pilot in that plane at night, with those conditions would ever see an island. They wouldnt even of been able to see the sea. Whilst id love for them both to be found safe and well i think the police. And coastguard have way more knowledge and understanding than any of us and am sure they are doing there upmost to find them and us telling them from our armchairs what they should be doing is not fair

Nando parrado and his rugby team were missing with their plane and rescued after 2 1/2 month's in the Andes in -20° temperatures. Yes I know the terrain was different and the vast area was huge but it can happen.

I dont disagree and they should keep looking but a select few on here seem to think the rescue teams are ameteurs. Theres always a chance but i have faith in the rescuers. Wolfpac evrn said that it sounds fishy like they want sala dead. Like wtf ?

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 am

celt_td wrote:Do these flypasts use thermal cameras? If Sala is on one of these islands the first place hes going is inside one of the buildings.

If used search rescue helicopter which you suspect they did as weather so bad yes will use thermal imaging cameras which makes you think that's reason nothing found of significance was said .

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:22 am

stuey1981 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

I dont disagree and they should keep looking but a select few on here seem to think the rescue teams are ameteurs. Theres always a chance but i have faith in the rescuers. Wolfpac evrn said that it sounds fishy like they want sala dead. Like wtf ?

Yes I did find that a bit silly from Wolfpac but maybe his emotions took over there.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:20 am

stuey1981 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

People are clutching at straws and it’s getting a bit cringe and embarrassing.
Professional search and rescue people know a lot more then you lot your not helping anybody by doing all this.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:21 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Professional search and rescue people know a lot more then you lot your not helping anybody by doing all this.

Why are you quoting me. My feelings are the same ?

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:05 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Personally I don't see how you can find those that still question and still probe for answers amongst conflicting information cringey and embarrassing, why feel embarrassed over someone else's thought process, if everyone just accepted information and ignored their impulse to question we would live in a very submissive world. People get desperate in times of desperation but with everything going on you're busy cringing at those with hope

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:36 pm

Not good
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:Not good

I think today will be the end of the search :(

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:09 pm

Fordy_90 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Personally I don't see how you can find those that still question and still probe for answers amongst conflicting information cringey and embarrassing, why feel embarrassed over someone else's thought process, if everyone just accepted information and ignored their impulse to question we would live in a very submissive world. People get desperate in times of desperation but with everything going on you're busy cringing at those with hope

People are right to question things.

But people on here think they’ve got the answers to things that they know nothing about. Thinking they’ve found things that highly trained professionals have missed by looking on google maps.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Fordy_90 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

But people on here think they’ve got the answers to things that they know nothing about. Thinking they’ve found things that highly trained professionals have missed by looking on google maps.

That's social media I'm afraid. Not only are we all expert football managers, we also appear to know more about Air Sea Rescue techniques than the experts, we are also experts in geography, aircraft, pilots, and plenty more as well as being able to advise the Coastguard on how they should be conducting their operations. On the plus side, it has been a good media source for well wishers throughout the world of football and beyond.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Fordy_90 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

That's social media I'm afraid. Not only are we all expert football managers, we also appear to know more about Air Sea Rescue techniques than the experts, we are also experts in geography, aircraft, pilots, and plenty more as well as being able to advise the Coastguard on how they should be conducting their operations. On the plus side, it has been a good media source for well wishers throughout the world of football and beyond.

No it is not "social media for you". It is human nature. Trying to understand, put the pieces together and solve what ever challenge lay ahed. There is nothing wrong with that. Police, the army, paramedics and so on do rely on tips heavily. It is in their job description to sort out relevant information. It is actually vital. If they dont find it relevant, they move on. Have much bigger problems with this attitude. "The Svenism". Downgrading people thoughts and reacting to their emotions, and saying how they see things. Get of your high horse..

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:47 pm

And further more Zodiac. They found reports of flares relevant enough to check it out :thumbright:

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:50 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Fordy_90 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
stuey1981 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

No it is not "social media for you". It is human nature. Trying to understand, put the pieces together and solve what ever challenge lay ahed. There is nothing wrong with that. Police, the army, paramedics and so on do rely on tips heavily. It is in their job description to sort out relevant information. It is actually vital. If they dont find it relevant, they move on. Have much bigger problems with this attitude. "The Svenism". Downgrading people thoughts and reacting to their emotions, and saying how they see things. Get of your high horse..

In case you can't read, I deliberately said "we", as in all of us, not "we" as in everyone but me. I have posted my own theories myself which I know is no more than pure speculation and guesswork, and I include myself when I mentioned the downside of social media. I agree it is human nature. I guess being Scandinavian accounts for your lack of the grasp of the English language.