Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy - Malaysia

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:38 am

I wonder how the malaysians will use this signing to market Cardiff in Malaysia. We may not be that well known in malaysia but certain top profile players are household names in asia. when i went to thailand i realised that ryan giggs was bigger than our nation! When i told people i was from wales nobody had a clue but as soon as i said ryan giggs they knew exactly where i was from!! I think this is a massive opportunity not only to market our club in wales but to target the asian market

Re: Bellamy - Malaysia

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:40 am

the Malaysian people are mad on the Prem League and they will know who Bellamy is due to his appearances for Man C and his goals against Man U last season ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:33 am

I wonder if this has anything to do with the 'image rights' the club now apparently has in regard to Bellamy?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:33 am

Vintage 63 wrote:the Malaysian people are mad on the Prem League and they will know who Bellamy is due to his appearances for Man C and his goals against Man U last season ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Our new guys need us in the Premier. People have been talking about us getting stable and staying in the Championship for a few years. Understandable but I could not come around to thinking thats how it was going to be or should I say our new guys were going to want that. I think I might have got right what the Malaysians are thinking. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:38 am

I thought that a Malaysian TV News company are doing a documentary following the rise of CCFC from Championship team to Prem team ? :ayatollah: