Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:12 pm

What a great job hes done in transfers these last couple of weeks!surely he should be getting more praise?

Re: DAVE JONES

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:19 pm

owain.bluebird wrote:What a great job hes done in transfers these last couple of weeks!surely he should be getting more praise?

he's played a blinder & being so patient!!! koumas, drinkwater, olofinjana, heaton, oh yes and whats his name bellamy!!

& next hopefully naylor or riggot!!

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Legend Manager for us :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:38 pm

owain.bluebird wrote:What a great job hes done in transfers these last couple of weeks!surely he should be getting more praise?

As good as our signings are I think the thanks belong to the people that made these loan signings possible. Jones' only involvement was the presentation of a shopping list. Someone else then went out and got the goods.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:

As good as our signings are I think the thanks belong to the people that made these loan signings possible. Jones' only involvement was the presentation of a shopping list. Someone else then went out and got the goods.

But that's all any manager can do. It's probably the first time that DJ has ever got anything close to what he requested :roll: He admitted today that expectations will go up but he seemed to accept that and even embraced the fact that this additional pressure will demand results.

I have to say that so far, since the Wembley disaster, DJ hasn't put a foot wrong :ayatollah: What he really needs now is backing from all of us, if it goes tits up he knows this is probably his last big chance to get us up, I think he can do it this year :D :ayatollah: