Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gethin Jenkins

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Anyone now changed their mind on him coming from a rugby background. :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Give the man a chance I say. :ayatollah:

Re: Gethin Jenkins

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:04 pm

Everyone deserves a season! :ayatollah: - perhaps I'm in a good mood! :lol:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:07 pm

His rugby backround never bothered me.
I did wonder on his ability to deal with bigger deals like football players/contracts but having signed Koumas, Olly, Bellamy I think its to say either he or someone at the club can do deals and well...and as long as someone can thats good enough for me

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:26 pm

I thought he came across superbly in the press conference. Maybe initial nerves and the chaos left behind by Riddler have calmed.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:His rugby backround never bothered me.
I did wonder on his ability to deal with bigger deals like football players/contracts but having signed Koumas, Olly, Bellamy I think its to say either he or someone at the club can do deals and well...and as long as someone can thats good enough for me

its clear to me that Jones has used his contacts and influence and dealt with all the football side, with jenkins sorting the admin.

Exactly how it SHOULD be.

Jones justifying his salary and getting on with his job without the interference of an egotistical chairman.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Though he didn't say much on Sky today he answered the Motherwell question excellently.

StT.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:46 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:His rugby backround never bothered me.

its clear to me that Jones has used his contacts and influence and dealt with all the football side, with jenkins sorting the admin.

Exactly how it SHOULD be.

Jones justifying his salary and getting on with his job without the interference of an egotistical chairman.

Well said without Jones "camping on Craigs doorstep" for weeks on end this deal would not have got off the ground. Give him a break all you doubters and back him to the hilt.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:48 pm

He's been excellent so far, i'm impressed. No bullshit and very professional. He's just got on with his job and is slowly sorting out all the rubish left behind by the Riddler.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Though he didn't say much on Sky today he answered the Motherwell question excellently.

StT.

I bet it wont be done in 7 days

Indeed, I hope he realises what he said there because if it is not paid this could bit him hard.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Hes done very well.
I know lots on here wont like him due to his rugby background but so far you cant really fault him.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:19 pm

I reckon Gethin Jenkins seems to be doing a pretty good job so far. When he started I was a bit worried coz he had no football experience but that aint stopped him signing good players for the club.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:29 pm

I also wrote him off because of the rugby background.

He's seemed to have handled himself with the press pretty well up to now also.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:34 pm

I think thus far he has done a good job - has kept a low profile unlike previous people and just seems to get on with the job of managing day to day issues. I liked his response to the question about Motherwell.

Obviously I think the one area that can be improved dramtically is the club shop and I'm sure that will be sorted over time.