Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fashion in cardiff???

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:48 am

Im interested in everyones views on ''mens'' fashion in cardiff at the mo??? I've been out of the fashion game for a while now and since the closure of woodies (in my eyes the best independent store ever in wales to date!!) im not sure of the best places to get some decent threads?? most of my purchases these days have been made online...???

Re: Fashion in cardiff???

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:54 am

The motivator wrote:Im interested in everyones views on ''mens'' fashion in cardiff at the mo??? I've been out of the fashion game for a while now and since the closure of woodies (in my eyes the best independent store ever in wales to date!!) im not sure of the best places to get some decent threads?? most of my purchases these days have been made online...???

George at Asda ;)

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:55 am

The motivator wrote:Im interested in everyones views on ''mens'' fashion in cardiff at the mo??? I've been out of the fashion game for a while now and since the closure of woodies (in my eyes the best independent store ever in wales to date!!) im not sure of the best places to get some decent threads?? most of my purchases these days have been made online...???

Cardiff City Club Shop

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:56 am

Flannels , pavillion ,Hugo boss shop ,Howells & a little shop in pontypridd called stern & owned by a bluebird.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:59 am

Xcasual wrote:Flannels , pavillion ,Hugo boss shop ,Howells & a little shop in pontypridd called stern & owned by a bluebird.

Stern rocks!

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:59 am

Primark ? ;)

seriously tho Stern in Ponty is good plus A2 in Merthyr and theres another designer shop in Pontypridd but the name escapes me at the mo ....................... JD Sports also good for Fila , Tachini , Addidas , Bench , Mackenzie etc plus Republic in St Davids 2 got a few labels . Penguin seems to be the latest label of choice at mo plus the return of Fred Perry polos ! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:05 am

cheers!!!! for the sensible posts!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:13 am

The motivator wrote:cheers!!!! for the sensible posts!!! :ayatollah:

Fred Perry polos are £50 each , shocking !!!!! ;)

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:41 am

A lot of people seem to be wearing Luke 1977. It looks good stuff, but the label with the most longevity seems to be Lacoste. I love Lacoste because it's smart and the colours are great. The polo shirts are superb in my opinion because, if you get a plain one, the arms don't come right up to your shoulders after the first wash. Different story for the multi-coloured ones though.

Ralph Lauren has made a comeback, too, and I reckon Burberry will as well but Stone Island always looks a bit snide to me

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:09 am

I'm a Ralph man myself the old style without those massive cart-horse polo horses on.James Howells and Flannels are ok I don't shop at Pavilion cos the woman owner is an eggchaser :old:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:36 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
The motivator wrote:cheers!!!! for the sensible posts!!! :ayatollah:

Fred Perry polos are £50 each , shocking !!!!! ;)

£65 in Selfridges

Are you a fan of Mackenzie?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 am

Stern Clothing is the best shop up in the valleys no doubt.