Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

fao all the Bellamy in the knowers !

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:01 am

how are his £90k per week wages going to paid by CCFC then ? Serious question now ! :ayatollah:

Re: fao all the Bellamy in the knowers !

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:17 am

We will be paying 20 grand a week, allegedly, but we'll also be allowed to use his image rights free of charge which is down to bellas, that means we can make the money direct from his image rights for shirts pictures etc.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:18 am

BigGwynram wrote:We will be paying 20 grand a week, allegedly, but we'll also be allowed to use his image rights free of charge which is down to bellas, that means we can make the money direct from his image rights for shirts pictures etc.

so is he taking a pay cut also then Gwyn or is there extra funding from somewhere too ? :ayatollah:
Last edited by Martyn1963 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:18 am

Vintage 63 wrote:how are his £90k per week wages going to paid by CCFC then ? Serious question now ! :ayatollah:

Once you find out can you let me know? I have been wondering this all week

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:19 am

2500 extra bums on seats at £20 = £50,000

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:26 am

I hope he signs but it seems to be upsetting the football fraternity. Harry Redknapp, all the papers this morning, GMTV and Sky - none of them are happy about him signing for us and are reporting that everyman and his dog but us are going to sign him :lol:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:31 am

ihatealiens wrote:I hope he signs but it seems to be upsetting the football fraternity. Harry Redknapp, all the papers this morning, GMTV and Sky - none of them are happy about him signing for us and are reporting that everyman and his dog but us are going to sign him :lol:

yeah I dont know why the football world is so dead against him joining Cardiff ? :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:37 am

us against the world, nowt new there, f**k em :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:29 am

knowone likes us , we dont care ;) :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:36 am

So, Man City will be quite happy to pay Bellamy £70,000 per week while he's playing for someone else then? :?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:39 am

Nottage Blue wrote:So, Man City will be quite happy to pay Bellamy £70,000 per week while he's playing for someone else then? :?

i suppose its better than paying him 90,000per week for doing feck all

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:43 am

darran1927 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:So, Man City will be quite happy to pay Bellamy £70,000 per week while he's playing for someone else then? :?

Rather than, say, get a transfer fee for him, or loan him to a club that will pay money for him and pay his wages?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

Rather than, say, get a transfer fee for him, or loan him to a club that will pay money for him and pay his wages?

Im confused by this , maybe Man C have to pay him image rights as part of his salary anyway ? :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

they probably would but bellamy has to agree to go to the club , they accepted offer from celtic and they have said bellamy has turned them down saying he only wants to play for us , so man city either pay him 90,000 for rotting in the reserves or pay him 70,000 to play 1st team football

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:50 am

[quote="Nottage Blue"]So, Man City will be quite happy to pay Bellamy £70,000 per week while he's playing for someone else then? :?[

training with the northern monkeys kids today by the sound of things so they defo not happy with him

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:50 am

All the media outlets are still saying its unlikely he is going to come to us. I hope they are wrong. Only Real Radio have reported its a done deal and no disrespect to them but they are not in the same league as SSN, BBC, the Guardian, Telegraph etc.

Despite all the positive news on here last night I still wont believe it until he's paraded in his City shirt. Anything can happen in football and it only needs the likes of Fulham or Sunderland to come in with a great offer and everything could change.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:58 am

THE DON wrote:All the media outlets are still saying its unlikely he is going to come to us. I hope they are wrong. Only Real Radio have reported its a done deal and no disrespect to them but they are not in the same league as SSN, BBC, the Guardian, Telegraph etc.

Despite all the positive news on here last night I still wont believe it until he's paraded in his City shirt. Anything can happen in football and it only needs the likes of Fulham or Sunderland to come in with a great offer and everything could change.

what annoys me is the english media wont accept bellamy wants to play for us , celtic have said they have given up hope of him signing for them, because he wants to come hear , yet its still unlikely .
If you look at when david james was rumoured to sign for bristol , it was never in any doubt with the media even though he is current england international .

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:12 am

We all know Bellers is a stubborn SOB and all this stuff about what a waste it would be to drop down, that he's lost his marbles etc., may actually be working in our favour. I think the more people tell him not to do it he may actually be more determined to make it happen!

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:14 am

CayoBluebird wrote:We all know Bellers is a stubborn SOB and all this stuff about what a waste it would be to drop down, that he's lost his marbles etc., may actually be working in our favour. I think the more people tell him not to do it he may actually be more determined to make it happen!

thats my take on it

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:16 am

darran1927 wrote:what annoys me is the english media wont accept bellamy wants to play for us , celtic have said they have given up hope of him signing for them, because he wants to come hear , yet its still unlikely .
If you look at when david james was rumoured to sign for bristol , it was never in any doubt with the media even though he is current england international .

I think you're right. We seem to be off the radar as far as the media are concerned. I mean, how dare he sign for a club that are outside the PL or SPL?

I still don't think he'll sign though

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:20 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:what annoys me is the english media wont accept bellamy wants to play for us , celtic have said they have given up hope of him signing for them, because he wants to come hear , yet its still unlikely .

I think you're right. We seem to be off the radar as far as the media are concerned. I mean, how dare he sign for a club that are outside the PL or SPL?

I still don't think he'll sign though

according to Savage he's signing for a club today that he was at and spoke to yesterday , so where was he yesterday then ?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 am

I read somewere that 45k is to be paid by man city and 45k by cardiff but bellamy would drop 25k because he doesnt need the money. This meaning cardiff would only pay 20k as people stated, ill try find the link again if i can obviously theres a lot going around about bellamy :lol:

Also just watching SSN news they think Bolton and Sunderland are now in the race, dont know why they keep mentioning spurs as thats the last place he'd be allowed to go to.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:28 am

ccfcsam25 wrote:I read somewere that 45k is to be paid by man city and 45k by cardiff but bellamy would drop 25k because he doesnt need the money. This meaning cardiff would only pay 20k as people stated, ill try find the link again if i can obviously theres a lot going around about bellamy :lol:

Also just watching SSN news they think Bolton and Sunderland are now in the race, dont know why they keep mentioning spurs as thats the last place he'd be allowed to go to.

if the above is correct and Bellamy wants a move for personal reasons then I believe that we shall be seeing Craig in a Cardiff shirt by tonite ! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 am

Not sure if ill be able to find the link though and we obviously know that bellamy isnt concerned about money, did u listen to the radio coverage with savage was quite an intresting listen. He said it would be a suprise to people, Bolton according to SSN has just come into the mix this could also be a suprise?

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:42 am

THE DON wrote:Despite all the positive news on here last night I still wont believe it until he's paraded in his City shirt. Anything can happen in football and it only needs the likes of Fulham or Sunderland to come in with a great offer and everything could change.

Agreed, especially after Bent, Jody Morris and that season when Leeds stole just about every transfer from our grasps. The one that always stands out for me though is Ferguson hijacking Diego Forlan as he landed in the airport to sign for Middlesbro. Anything can happen

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:49 am

KEEP THE FAITH, I TELL YOU :ayatollah:

His wages are no longer an issue.

be patient my pretties. :D