Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Steve Davies

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi Steve,

I always take note of your posts as they are always informative and generally very accurate. I have noticed that you have been very quiet on the CB frenzy that has occurred since yesterday and was hoping you might give us your opinion.

If you had to hazard a guess at the possibilty of the signing being completed, what would it be.

Cheers

Moley

Bloooooooooooooooooooooooobirds

Re: FAO Steve Davies

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Don't think Steve has been posting at all on here lately, he has posted on CCMB today.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:33 pm

moley wrote:Hi Steve,

I always take note of your posts as they are always informative and generally very accurate. I have noticed that you have been very quiet on the CB frenzy that has occurred since yesterday and was hoping you might give us your opinion.

If you had to hazard a guess at the possibilty of the signing being completed, what would it be.

Cheers

Moley

moley

i have logged on just to answer you out of courtesy.
i have stopped posting due to some of the ridiculous personal attacks that eminate back and forth the two boards whcich to me is ridiculous considering we all want the same for our club.

My personal view is that people prematurely jumped the gun yesterday about an imminent signing of bellamy.
i genuinely believe the club are trying to push the boat out to make this loan signing happen but these things do not happen overnight and certainly not on a sunday afternoon in the space of a few hours.
The stumbling blocks as i see it will be how much manchester city are willing to pay of craigs wages and of course his agent who will be pushing for craig to sign for someone else for a fee which would make the agent money wheras a loan would make him nothing.
There is a long way to go yet but we do have a genuine chance of this now happening in my opinion.
With regards to carl with what was being bandied around yesterday afternoon i can understand why he posted confirmation of the signing because who could have kept a story like that under their shirt for any period of time especially bearing in mind the sources they were coming from.
He could very well be proven right over the next few days or then again the deal might just fizzle away.
either way he or any other poster( i include tlg) does not deserve to be publically taken apart on a messageboard for sometimes not getting their timing or posts right.
i will now go back into my self imposed hibernation and cross my fingers like the rest of you

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:36 pm

steve davies wrote:i will now go back into my self imposed hibernation and cross my fingers like the rest of you

Sorry you feel like that Steve, stick around mate, you're a great person to have! I'm a big poster on BOTH boards!

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:27 pm

steve davies wrote:
moley wrote:Hi Steve,

Cheers

Moley

moley

i have logged on just to answer you out of courtesy.
i have stopped posting due to some of the ridiculous personal attacks that eminate back and forth the two boards whcich to me is ridiculous considering we all want the same for our club.

My personal view is that people prematurely jumped the gun yesterday about an imminent signing of bellamy.
i genuinely believe the club are trying to push the boat out to make this loan signing happen but these things do not happen overnight and certainly not on a sunday afternoon in the space of a few hours.
The stumbling blocks as i see it will be how much manchester city are willing to pay of craigs wages and of course his agent who will be pushing for craig to sign for someone else for a fee which would make the agent money wheras a loan would make him nothing.
There is a long way to go yet but we do have a genuine chance of this now happening in my opinion.
With regards to carl with what was being bandied around yesterday afternoon i can understand why he posted confirmation of the signing because who could have kept a story like that under their shirt for any period of time especially bearing in mind the sources they were coming from.
He could very well be proven right over the next few days or then again the deal might just fizzle away.
either way he or any other poster( i include tlg) does not deserve to be publically taken apart on a messageboard for sometimes not getting their timing or posts right.
i will now go back into my self imposed hibernation and cross my fingers like the rest of you

Steve I appreciate you coming on this forum to answer a direct question and if people look close enough they will see the answer lies within. You are aware how many people were ringing me yesterday and are aware of what I was being told but the baffling thing here is I didn't break the news, I was asked and called for to get info and I searched around and got the info which I came back with, now the people who told me believed it would happen today and in their positions I had every right to believe them.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:34 pm

The vast majority of us has not insulted anyone. Just because a few are issuing personal attacks that does not reflect the vast majority. Keep posting lads . CCFC FOREVER :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Steve,

It's a great shame you are no longer frequenting this site so often. I miss your posts and your very level headed views regarding the club.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Steve,

Thanks for the update. I totally agree with the other replies and hope that you will continue to post as the majority appreciate your views. It's only a minority that are dickheads in my opinion.

cheers

Moley

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:54 am

moley wrote:Steve,

Thanks for the update. I totally agree with the other replies and hope that you will continue to post as the majority appreciate your views. It's only a minority that are dickheads in my opinion.

cheers

Moley

oi get back on here steve and spill the beans is he signing today or not

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:09 am

Very sad that yet another of the few truly exceptional contributors feels this way. If ever this site needed a wake up call to realise it isn't so perfect, surely this is it.