Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Players wages

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:35 am

Someone claiming that the FA have paid the players wages. Anyone know anything about this.

Re: Players wages

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:48 am

No not true, the FA paid Sunderland the £1.5million direct as we defaulted on agreement we had with them. Perhaps that what someone is claiming..........?

Re: Players wages

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:48 am

Can't shed any light on that I'm afraid, bit what concerns me and is a point I've raised previously is that it was suggested the club would be run on a tighter ship with cuts to the wage bill, the biggest problem for all football clubs, would rightly be the way forward, yet all I see is yet greater expenditure and an even bigger gamble on promotion. The players we have brought in are on huge wages and crucially are not our assets ad they are loanees, so come the end of the season, we will have spent around £3m on say 3 players and unless promotion is achieved we will lose the players, £3m and have to sell to make ends meet from an ever diminishing pool of players that we actually own. Then again, the club aren't even guaranteed the funds fr them either...!