Olifinjana

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Face it - He's a bit of a f*cking beast :D

Re: Olifinjana

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:08 pm

very good signing, so far?

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Will prove to be a top signing, maybe turned permanent at the end of the year.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Thought Oli was immense today :ayatollah:
Him and Drinkwater played well together :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:21 am

Big strong ballwinner who can pass, aided and abetted by a busy, fast, up and down
tackler who can pass.... with a brilliant passer/set piece midfielder... and a very
tricky winger...and a superb passer and playmaker waiting in the wings...

From nowhere, Dave Jones has got us the best midfield and strike force in this division!!!

The players he's chasing have got eyes, they will see the sort of team they could be joining!!

If one of those is a decent Centre-back then there really will be no stopping us this season

All without spending a f*cking penny

I'm one of DJ's biggest knockers but will take my hat off to him this morning!!

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:50 am

taffyapple wrote:Big strong ballwinner who can pass, aided and abetted by a busy, fast, up and down
tackler who can pass.... with a brilliant passer/set piece midfielder... and a very

From nowhere, Dave Jones has got us the best midfield and strike force in this division!!!

The players he's chasing have got eyes, they will see the sort of team they could be joining!!

If one of those is a decent Centre-back then there really will be no stopping us this season

In terms of midfield and attack, I doubt there's a manager in this division who could select and organize better. It's no co-incidence that in the past 6 years almost every football programme and pundit refers to us as a team that plays football. It's almost universally expected. We appear on the TV and they always refer to that. We've acheived that in 6 years of consistently having skillful quality players, who play attacking football.

Oh how I wish that Jones would realize the importance of quality in the back four, however. It's so disheartening to hear your side stuffing the opposition to death, only to give away a scrappy goal which better defenders would have prevented.

His judgement when it comes to defenders goes completely out of the window. Let's no hark back to May, but surely Gerrard is the best of the 3 centre backs.

We now have close to -if not the best- midfield and attack in this division. I can't beleive that Jones thinks they will be able to carry all before them, irrespective of what happens at the back -no team can do that.

We can go up this season, but we must get defence that can protect the goals that the midfield and attack have created.

One really good centre back to play alongside Gerrard would do the job. An 'experienced' player [not experienced like Hudson, but someone who has played at a higher level who can organize the back four as well.

This IMHO has been Jones' achilles heel. This must now be his no 1 priority.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:58 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Big strong ballwinner who can pass, aided and abetted by a busy, fast, up and down

In terms of midfield and attack, I doubt there's a manager in this division who could select and organize better. It's no co-incidence that in the past 6 years almost every football programme and pundit refers to us as a team that plays football. It's almost universally expected. We appear on the TV and they always refer to that. We've acheived that in 6 years of consistently having skillful quality players, who play attacking football.

Oh how I wish that Jones would realize the importance of quality in the back four, however. It's so disheartening to hear your side stuffing the opposition to death, only to give away a scrappy goal which better defenders would have prevented.

His judgement when it comes to defenders goes completely out of the window. Let's no hark back to May, but surely Gerrard is the best of the 3 centre backs.

We now have close to -if not the best- midfield and attack in this division. I can't beleive that Jones thinks they will be able to carry all before them, irrespective of what happens at the back -no team can do that.

We can go up this season, but we must get defence that can protect the goals that the midfield and attack have created.

One really good centre back to play alongside Gerrard would do the job. An 'experienced' player [not experienced like Hudson, but someone who has played at a higher level who can organize the back four as well.

This IMHO has been Jones' achilles heel. This must now be his no 1 priority.

Im not so sure he cant see the problems. But he definitely seems to have a blind spot
when it involves mistakes made by players he BOUGHT.

Hudson IS NOT up to the task.

But lets not forget Roger Johnson, a brilliant spot by DJ, so he CAN find them. But perhaps
needs to hold his hands up when he's wasted money, it happens to all managers

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:15 am

Where do we think Koumas is going to fit in then,

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:09 am

Jenks wrote:Where do we think Koumas is going to fit in then,

He's an attacking midfielder who draws defenders and can find the killer pass
...if he plays to his full potential then i reckon either Burke or Whitts would
end up on the bench.

Cos I really think Drinkwater and Oli look a cracking partnership in there already
and it was only Dannys second game at this level!!

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:29 am

Midfield general wrote:I mentioned on here a few days ago that his signing would be best signing of all the new faces inculding Koumas.

Good call sir!!

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 am

Fantastic performance from him, Whitts, Drinkwater and Burke. Our midfield has been a weakness for years, now it looks a real strength with Koumas and McPhail to come :o

Just need to sort the defence and we'll really take some stopping.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:00 am

piledriver64 wrote:Fantastic performance from him, Whitts, Drinkwater and Burke. Our midfield has been a weakness for years, now it looks a real strength with Koumas and McPhail to come :o

Just need to sort the defence and we'll really take some stopping.

I really dont see where McPhail fits into this team now!

Good!!

I think he's a lovely passer of a football but a bottler. Koumas will offer so much more
going forward and I've a feeling Danny and Oli are going to shore up the midfield for
the season. Whitts or Burkey will fight for the last spot.

McPhail can sit on the bench next to Gavin Rae

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:24 am

I think this has signalled the end of Rae's time.

Also I wonder if DJ will send Aaron Wildig on loan.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:43 am

hope not he can learn a lot training alongside koumas mcphail witts burky etc and can get 15/20 minutes in games were coasting and i strongly believe there will be quite a few of them

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:44 am

forgot to say rae must be gone now