Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

just got back

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Excellent performance today but we almost threw it away again.

marshall made a fantastic (double I think) save right at the death to secure the points.

Olifanjana very good today and Drinkwater excellent again. How refreshing to see a City midfield with a bit of steel. Not as creative as we would have been with koumas or Mcphail but those two were immense today.

Centre halves are still a worry. Gypes distribution in first half was poor and he seems a shadow of the player he was two seasons ago. He seemed very nervous.

Jay reluctant to shoot as if he felt that if he did he may make an injury worse. Was warming up on his own and didn't join in with the pre match shooting practice.

Darcy was excellent as was Matthews when he came on. Great goal by Chops and great persistence by Burkey for the winner.

I still shit my pants every time we have to defend a corner and would say that a new centre half should actually be our main priority now.

Well done lads - a good battling three points.

Re: just got back

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:03 pm

defence is our problem, needs sorting out?

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:04 pm

About sums it up.

I feel there is alot more to come from each department but the central midfield either needs alot more work or a new face.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:09 pm

All the time Hudson is fit I can't see DJ replacing him the man is a liability

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:54 pm

I've just seen the goals on SSN and Hudson was caught ball watching for their goal.

The centre of our defence will cost us badly unless we can change it. Jones too stubborn to admit that Hudson is just not up to the job.