Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just seen the goals

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Saw them on SSN. I don't mean to put a dampner on today as we earned a tough 3 points today but Hudson was completely at fault for Derby's goal.

The ball was crossed low and Hudson just stands there waiting for the ball to come to him so he can clear the it and then the Derby play cuts in front of him and scores. He was ball watching and wasn't tracking anyone. He's supposed to be a defender, its basic stuff.

So much for a £1m defender!

Re: Just seen the goals

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Hudson? :lol: You are the WEAKEST link goodbye :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Hudson was captain who got relegated twice with charlton, the guys a clown, gerrard and gypes to to play

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:01 pm

From behind the goal everyone was blaming Marshall. I'll watch the goals on Championship tonight and judge from there.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:46 pm

It pissed me off because Hudson tried to blame Blake...Its not the first time Hudson has done this when he has made the mistake.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:57 pm

MalagaCF wrote:It pissed me off because Hudson tried to blame Blake...Its not the first time Hudson has done this when he has made the mistake.

You're absolutely right. He was trying to blame Blake when it was entirely Hudson's fault.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:55 pm

Just posted the exact same message on a different topic because was too daft to see this one, completely agree I don't know why it would take him that long to react. Then to blame Darcy who was covering the back stick is just stupid. It must be so hard to play alongside him at the back when he does things like this.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:56 pm

Blake left his man. Cykwa came from Hudson's blind side. It was Blake's fault.
Seriously, some people on here can't have defended before!

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:58 pm

petesmeat wrote:Blake left his man. Cykwa came from Hudson's blind side. It was Blake's fault.
Seriously, some people on here can't have defended before!

Hudson should have cleared before that lad even had a chance to get close to him! He had an age to just put his foot through the ball, not rocket science by any means

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:01 am

It looked like Blake had lost his man to me, the guy attacked the front post with a late run. On the other hand, Hudson could have done better, needed to be a bit more aware of what was going on around him and not get caught flat footed.

I'd say the both Blake and Hudson were at fault, rather than taking the easy option and just blaming Hudson (What is it with us City fans? We always seem to have one player to use as a scapegoat! :D ).

Blake tracking his man, Hudson being a bit more aware of what was going on around them and simple communication between the two should have stopped that opportunity. We're crying out for a leader/communicator in that back 4, I don't think Gerrard is the answer either.

I think we're a commanding centre back and a backup target man away from being a top 2 team.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:24 am

blakes fault he should have followed the man right in..
hudson was in the right place

Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:45 am

A lack of communication between the defenders caused the goal. If they'd been talking, then simply he would've been marked properly.

As has already been stated multiple times, it was Blakey's fault for not keeping up the marking of the player, but then Hudson's fault for not picking up the man after Blakey lost him.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:20 am

f**k off now ok, hudson wasnt the best i agree but why complanin? we won 2 - 1 makes me sick

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:48 am

CCFC_Forever wrote:f**k off now ok, hudson wasnt the best i agree but why complanin? we won 2 - 1 makes me sick

Because one of these days, He will cost us points and then you WILL complain! best to get shot of him now than when it's too late!

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:07 am

Ben wrote:Hudson was captain who got relegated twice with charlton, the guys a clown, gerrard and gypes to to play

b

Ben.

Never let the facts get in the way of slagging off one of our players eh ?

He got relegated ONCE with Charlton and also promoted ONCE with Palace. He captained both sides.

Of course the likes of Taylor, Warnock, Curbishley and Jones haven't got a feckin clue have they ?

Funny how the ones defending Hudson seem to be the ones who've actually played the game.

205 appearances in the Premiership and Championship for some of he top managers at this level and still all some people want to go on about is his relegation with a Chartlon team who hardly set the world on fire last year in L1 after he'd left.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:11 am

Merlin wrote:
CCFC_Forever wrote:f**k off now ok, hudson wasnt the best i agree but why complanin? we won 2 - 1 makes me sick

Because one of these days, He will cost us points and then you WILL complain! best to get shot of him now than when it's too late!

Spot on buddy, whether it was Blakes' fault or not, (and he was to blame initially but Hudson should have got his man), I would rather have him there than Hudson, sorry guys but Hudson is the weakest link in Cardiff City FC, :roll: get rid now before its too late. Gerrard and Gypes/Blake for center backs everytime and give Gerrard the captaincy :ayatollah: ;) or give it to Bellamy when he signs for us :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 am

Hudson seem to be an easy target nowadays with everyone jumping on the bandwagon.

Blake was as much to blame if not more, he had clear site of Tomasz Cywka's run and was by his side as he approached the ball. Hudson could never react to the pace of a runner coming from behind when he was starting from a stationary position.

I'm not saying Hudson had no blame but everyone forgets what he does right when one thing goes wrong defensively and there are others playing a part. Between Marshall, Drinkwater AND Hudson they saw out the last 3 minutes.

I do find it funny how we cannot put together a strong Attack, Midfield & Defence AT THE SAME TIME. Midfield was always a bit weak through the middle, we seem to get it sorted just in time for the defence to get weaker. :lol:

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:12 am

Everyones calling for gerrard to start but they couldn't have been at the burton game because he was awful,all over the place at times.gifted them the goal.Like all goals they can be prevented but you cant blame hudson for blake loosing his man!Why arn't you blaming gypes aswell? Just because hudson doesn't pump his fists and run around the pitch at 100 miles an hour hes considerd crap.Seems like some people made their minds up about hudson even before he came!how does being relagated with charlton make any bit of difference? yes we look shakey at the back but we need sumone with abit of pace with hudson and weel be fine!

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:17 am

Blake and Hudson with Kev and Matthews at full backs.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:43 am

Hudson was poor but Blake did lose his man for the goal and he ended up coming on Hudon's blind side. That said Hudson should still have cleared :roll:

I have to say though, Gypes seems to have escaped a lot of criticism but he was awful yesterday. He looked hesitant, got Marshall into trouble any number of times, looked slow and his distribution was dreadful.

Hudson doesn't fill me with confiddence but Gypes looks half the player he was and maybe that is the change that needs to be made first :?

That said, the midfield closed down superbly yesterday and Olafanjanu's extra height and strength is going to be valuable :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:55 am

Hudson's not good enough for this level. FACT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: