Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Derby fan view on City today

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:34 pm

even though we lost .... ...
Trialist
Trialist
its the way you go about that defeat , i wasnt upset coming home from the match we played football , derby county actually played football and on another day we would have grabbed a goal and playing a crappier team we would have won im sure, the ball just wouldnt go in towards the end! , but coming away from PP ,i wasnt angry to much as , after all we played cardiff and ive gotta say they were impressive :ayatollah: ,they were very strong on the ball , but for the majority of the match IMO we matched them , was abit phissed at bywater for the 2nd goal ,nd it was a shame that mcnaughton got injured , i do hope that he is ok , but after our first goal we really were on top , we really were playing well and his injury really slowed our momentum going forward ,but unfortunetly we did lose , but to a team who will most probably get promoted :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , we battled , so we were a little unlucky today as nigel , said we didnt deserve to lose , but this loss has given me confidence going into the coventry match .

also good to see varney play and show what he has got , hes a good player , and glad that siffka got MOM he deserved it , he looks like a really good creative player , if he stays fit , he really will be a great asset this season and getting a goal can only give him confidence . UTR'S

anybody agree , with what ive just said ?

Re: Derby fan view on City today

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:51 pm

mike blues wrote:even though we lost .... ...
Trialist
Trialist
its the way you go about that defeat , i wasnt upset coming home from the match we played football , derby county actually played football and on another day we would have grabbed a goal and playing a crappier team we would have won im sure, the ball just wouldnt go in towards the end! , but coming away from PP ,i wasnt angry to much as , after all we played cardiff and ive gotta say they were impressive :ayatollah: ,they were very strong on the ball , but for the majority of the match IMO we matched them , was abit phissed at bywater for the 2nd goal ,nd it was a shame that mcnaughton got injured , i do hope that he is ok , but after our first goal we really were on top , we really were playing well and his injury really slowed our momentum going forward ,but unfortunetly we did lose , but to a team who will most probably get promoted :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , we battled , so we were a little unlucky today as nigel , said we didnt deserve to lose , but this loss has given me confidence going into the coventry match .

also good to see varney play and show what he has got , hes a good player , and glad that siffka got MOM he deserved it , he looks like a really good creative player , if he stays fit , he really will be a great asset this season and getting a goal can only give him confidence . UTR'S

anybody agree , with what ive just said ?

Me and my mates said it was a great game and Derby played good football as well.
We are awaiting Koumas to fit into the team, and when he does, he will give Chopra more scoring opportunites, which we lacked today. I thought we played the better football but could not link up with our front men.
2 good sides today, and Derby could have equalised late on a couple of times.
We lacked a midfield last season but look even stronger in midfield this season.
Derby Will cause teams problems this year. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Was not at Pride Park today but you know you have played well when the away team compliment you especially being Cardiff as most people hate us. Well Done CCFC. :ayatollah: Bring on Doncaster and Pompey

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:01 am

What a top bloke, an honest football fan is hard to come by these days.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:36 am

Read the same thread, and was kinda surprised. They're really honest, even more honest than we are about our club. And made wonder what if not Bothroyd's injury...