Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

thoughts on todays game

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:20 pm

i thought olofijana was excellent, just what we've been crying out for for years. He broke everything up in the middle of the park and was composed and able to do simple things. I thought all the players worked hard and we deserved the result. Tho i think hudson (or blake) may have been at fault for their goal, i thought he did well today and did some vital blocks and tackles. Whittingham had another excellent game. I think he looks far better than last year even tho he scored loads! He seems to have a new found confidence where he goes looking for the ball and he always looked like he was gonna hurt them. Chopra worked hard and played well and i think we deserved the win :ayatollah:

Re: thoughts on todays game

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:30 pm

good stuff, any news on Mcnaughton sounded real bad on the radio? was down for about 10 mins werent he?

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:33 pm

it didnt look good, he was down for ages the stretchered off in a neck brace

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:45 pm

My brother was there and there were some whispers around that it was a suspected fractured skull, f*cking hope not apart from that a good win we don't normally get much from Derby

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:56 pm

ccfcninian wrote:My brother was there and there were some whispers around that it was a suspected fractured skull, f*cking hope not apart from that a good win we don't normally get much from Derby

True but I do remember us getting a 1-0 win there on New Year's Day a few seasons ago, Peter Thorne scored if I remember rightly.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:58 pm

Just back from game.

First of all I hope Macnaughton is not as serious as it looks. I fear for him and I'm very worried. He was awesome until the injury. Terrible shame.

So onto the game. I thought we were going to walk it when Chopra scored. An excellent goal. Sadly we gave away a very stupid equaliser. I feel we need to sort out out mid defence, its not looking good in that department.

In the midfield we are looking good. Olli was awesome and Drinkwater looks promising. They are going to take some shifting. Olli is exactly what we have been looking for and once he gells with Drinkwater its going to be impressive.

Our strikers put in a god performance but you do feel there is alot more to come from them.

Finally just want to say thanks to the Derby goalkeeper for the winner. I would say we edged the game but it need look like we were going ot need a bit of luck. That goalkeeper gave it to us.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:59 pm

now we've gotta do everything to get Naylor, otherwise we'll have to play Comminges, because John is shitte :oops:

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:32 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:i thought olofijana was excellent, just what we've been crying out for for years. He broke everything up in the middle of the park and was composed and able to do simple things. I thought all the players worked hard and we deserved the result. Tho i think hudson (or blake) may have been at fault for their goal, i thought he did well today and did some vital blocks and tackles. Whittingham had another excellent game. I think he looks far better than last year even tho he scored loads! He seems to have a new found confidence where he goes looking for the ball and he always looked like he was gonna hurt them. Chopra worked hard and played well and i think we deserved the win :ayatollah:

totally agree, thought olofijana was awesome, & drinkwater is deffinitely improving!! just need to get some solid defenders in!! hope mcnaughton is ok!!

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Nice to see us stronger in midfield. Olifinjana looked a monster, no one went past him and he was turning on a six pence, nice to watch.
Hudson was dreadful. This is one area, im afraid could scupper oour chances of promotion. I would definately drop him from the team. :(
Good team performance I thought.
Think we need to link up with Chopra more as he was making runs but we lacked that final quality pass.
We had loads of possession but not many shots 2nd half.
Mcnaughton is not too bad as expected. We had a text from one of the players couple of hours after the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:50 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Nice to see us stronger in midfield. Olifinjana looked a monster, no one went past him and he was turning on a six pence, nice to watch.
Hudson was dreadful. This is one area, im afraid could scupper oour chances of promotion. I would definately drop him from the team. :(
Good team performance I thought.
Think we need to link up with Chopra more as he was making runs but we lacked that final quality pass.
We had loads of possession but not many shots 2nd half.
Mcnaughton is not too bad as expected. We had a text from one of the players couple of hours after the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

To be honest I didn't go to the game and can't comment on it as a whole, I've only seen the highlights on tele but from their goal did it seem to take an age for Hudson to react to the ball into the box? Then blame Darcy even though the ball was in his area to clear? I hope DJ addresses the CB position.