Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VAT @ 20% Re Season Tickets

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:20 am

I'm I right in thinking that if the club start selling season tickets for the 2011/12 season in November, they would avoid the extra 2½% increase in VAT from 1st January?

I think the club should seriously think about this because at least 10,000 season ticket holders are on the 5 year price freeze and any increase in VAT goes directly from the club’s purse to HMRC.

Personally I would renew in November if it meant the club got the extra.

Re: VAT @ 20% Re Season Tickets

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:45 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I'm I right in thinking that if the club start selling season tickets for the 2011/12 season in November, they would avoid the extra 2½% increase in VAT from 1st January?

I think the club should seriously think about this because at least 10,000 season ticket holders are on the 5 year price freeze and any increase in VAT goes directly from the club’s purse to HMRC.

Personally I would renew in November if it meant the club got the extra.

Me too Tony.

Good thinking by the way. :ayatollah:

It would be nice if 10000 fans rewarded the faith the Malaysians have put in us by buying their ST's before Christmas.

The club needs to put some decent credit agreements in place mind.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:12 pm

0% interest with zebra finance is a good credit agreement as long as you dont miss a direct debit. I missed 3 and was charged £25 each time, a right pain in the pocket, got great seats tho. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:54 pm

Just an idea but they could say it's for transfers in jan? :?

Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Just an idea but they could say it's for transfers in jan? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Claire wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Just an idea but they could say it's for transfers in jan? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:o :o :o oh no not again :lol: :lol:

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:08 pm

There's probably a clause in the agreeement somwhere that states that prices only frozen if there is no increase in the tax regime. If the club asked for the xtra next season would people really object to paying it if the club explained why they had had to do it?