Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

You're The Chairman

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:06 pm

Here's the question. You are hired by the Malaysians to run the show. They have given you total freedom but have said there's no money to spend on players unless you sell because all their funds will be going on sorting out the debt. This will be done before the season starts but they can't say when.

What do you set about doing? This is regards managers, players, coaching staff, facilities, PR, boardroom staff. You name it, it's your call.

Re: You're The Chairman

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Wage ceiling of £10k a week, look at all non-playing management roles and see if some positions can be made redundant, look at optimising revenue streams for conferences, concerts, etc. That's a start for me

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:23 pm

Yeah, I definitely think revenue streams need to be looked at. They have all this space and most days in the week it's being left redundant.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Actually it gets quite a lot of use, there are conferences etc going on there on a regular basis, but I don't if we make out of it or Compass make out of it.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Compass, we only get a small percentage, thank you PR and everyone else that agreed to this!

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Igovernor wrote:Compass, we only get a small percentage, thank you PR and everyone else that agreed to this!

I remember Ridsdale having the brass faced cheek to boast that CCS was booked every night between October and Christmas last year.

It might have been but CCFC were not the ones who were making money from it. Indeed I remember that famous incident last September when the club paid £300 to compass to rent a room in CCS so the Trust could hold a diversity day.

f*cking mad or what?