Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fred Keenor Statue- If everyone paidt £1 for raffle success

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Hiya Guy's and Gals,

As most are aware that my wife Hughesygirl with the help of others have organised the fund raising day on August 22nd, She has really worked hard in putting things together and we now have some excellent raffle prizes already confirmed. We are struggling however to sell the raffle tickets we have as of course the more we sell the more goes towards the Fred Keenor Statue Appeal something which everyone of us City fans can be proud of. Some of the players taking part have taken £20 worth of tickets to try and sell but we really need to bang them out as we hope the sale of raffle tickets will contribute a vast amount towards our overall total and really make the day worth while.

If people on this messageboard wish to purchase or even help sell some tickets we would be most grateful, You can pay via paypal if this is easy for you just PM myself or hughesygirl and we will gladly give you our paypal address, THe cost of the tickets are £1 a strip your name and contact number will be placed on the one side so you will be contacted if you win and cannot make the draw.

A direct appeal to the messageboard users to help.

Many Thanks

hughesybloke

Re: Fred Keenor Statue- If everyone paidt £1 for raffle success

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Have you thought of asking the Trust to set up stalls outside the stadium before the Deportivo game, if they could have some posters made of the proposed statue etc. to catch the eye, I'm sure this could be done with a few buckets on the tables as well for donation, and possibly they can play some messages over the outside tannoy to inform people what's going on.

20 or 30 volunteers could make a big impact and get some money in.