Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF CITY STATEMENT

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:17 am

This is a must today. I really hope it doenst read the club does not need to sell and we have had no approach for dj etc.

Facts are needed - even if they admit there is a meeting taking place over the next few days which will determine whatever!!!

Something is needed.

Re: CARDIFF CITY STATEMENT

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:22 am

agreed, no more bullshit, no more cloak and dagger, no more secrets, say it as it is. Fed up of all the lies.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:23 am

Where is it? :?

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:23 am

i totally agree.we are hearing new stories everyday and now we hear that chopra wants to leave if things dont get sorted,we need to hear something official from TG i think(good or bad) soon so we know where we stand

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:25 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Where is it? :?

Theres not one at the moment

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:28 am

You'll be lucky, there's reportedly a big meeting this weekend, so they're unlikely to announce anything prior to that meeting taking place!

let's just see what transpires and give the Malaysians the time and support, they said they needed! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:30 am

If we get a statement it only tell us that the board are working hard on the financial challenges.

What we want to know is a definate answer to when the HMRC will be paid along with Charlton's financial broker and Motherwell FC.

If we need to sell to accomplish this then fine sell, but don't let this situation continue to fester.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:42 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:If we get a statement it only tell us that the board are working hard on the financial challenges.

What we want to know is a definate answer to when the HMRC will be paid along with Charlton's financial broker and Motherwell FC.

If we need to sell to accomplish this then fine sell, but don't let this situation continue to fester.

To be fair Tony, I don't think any of us will believe that the Malaysians didn't know about the new debt announcement from Motherwell, when they chose to take over the club!

It's hardly surprising that more debts are being disclosed now (Especially as Motherwell are also in the sh!t, although they appear to have been very patient in my eyes), as we've known there were loads of debtors for quite some time now!

The club are hardly going to announce this sort of bad news themselves and as we suspect the Malaysians are busy behind the scene trying to sort out "Speedy" Hudson's money as well, I think we'll just have to wait and see!

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:02 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:If we get a statement it only tell us that the board are working hard on the financial challenges.

To be fair Tony, I don't think any of us will believe that the Malaysians didn't know about the new debt announcement from Motherwell, when they chose to take over the club!

It's hardly surprising that more debts are being disclosed now (Especially as Motherwell are also in the sh!t, although they appear to have been very patient in my eyes), as we've known there were loads of debtors for quite some time now!

The club are hardly going to announce this sort of bad news themselves and as we suspect the Malaysians are busy behind the scene trying to sort out "Speedy" Hudson's money as well, I think we'll just have to wait and see!

I accept your points on the Malaysians knowledge of our debts OM but the fact is the HMRC Motherwell and Charlton debts are now in the public domain. This is directly causing disquite amoungst the supporters because they are the cause of our transfer embargo at a vital part of the season.

In those circumstances the board have an absolute responsibility to explain themselves honestly to other important creditors, us the loyal season ticket holders.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:18 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

I accept your points on the Malaysians knowledge of our debts OM but the fact is the HMRC Motherwell and Charlton debts are now in the public domain. This is directly causing disquite amoungst the supporters because they are the cause of our transfer embargo at a vital part of the season.

In those circumstances the board have an absolute responsibility to explain themselves honestly to other important creditors, us the loyal season ticket holders.

Can't see it happening Tony, as they'd be showing their hand to other creditors (Possibly Sam) and probably more importantly in their eyes, to the other board members, who they may well be trying to get to lessen their financial position, within the club!

As I've said, we may well have to wait a little while yet for any great announcement from the Malaysians, possibly after this weekend's meeting!

They may say however, exactly as you identified earlier, that they are slowly working through the mess and ask for our continued support, which a lot of our supporters are getting more and more loathe to do! :ayatollah: