Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are you losing faith with the malaysians..?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:44 am

Yes
30%
No
50%
I'm 50/50
20%

Total votes : 64

Re: Are you losing faith with the malaysians..?

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:47 am

no but theres 3,000 miles between them and us and they need their own man at the helm and pronto.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:48 am

If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have a club.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:49 am

I think there must be movement very soon only a month and a bit to the end of the transfer window. Something will have to be done before then or we will defo be in meltdown. I am sure things are moving at a pace right now.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:57 am

Not yet (the meeting this weekend could hold the answers) but we certainly need a real football administrater running the club !!!

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:00 am

Tg and Vt seemed to get unconditional respect from most people who post on here. Tg is now the chairman of the club and as such he is the one fans are now looking to for answers. Gethin has been given the day to day running of the club but ultimatley the buck stops with Tg. IMHO its time he spoke to the fans to put us in the picture of what is happening at the club. We finished 4th lat season and were 90 mins away from the Prem. The summer should have been spent formalizing a plan to push on next season but insted of that we find ourselves in debt to Motherwell, Charlton, Sunderland and the inland Revenue. We have released a number of players and not replaced them. Our top striker is wanting to leave. Our manager is being linked with Fulham.

Sorry to say, but for me, the silence is deafening and the honeymoon is definatley over.

TG and VT need to sort this mess out, NOW!

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:00 am

cityone wrote:Not yet (the meeting this weekend could hold the answers) but we certainly need a real football administrater running the club !!!

Don't mention the dreaded "Administrator" word, just call him a "Football Man!" :) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:02 am

Overthemoon wrote:
cityone wrote:Not yet (the meeting this weekend could hold the answers) but we certainly need a real football administrater running the club !!!

Don't mention the dreaded "Administrator" word, just call him a "Football Man!" :) :ayatollah:

Maybe we,ll get both????

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:04 am

cityone wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Maybe we,ll get both????

No point in having a "Football Man," if the the other one has to step in! :( :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:17 am

The silence from the powers that be is deafening at the moment. All we hear is disscontent from fans and some players. Our manager could be heading for pastures new along with some of our better players I suspect. We are still under a transfer embargo. Creditors still have to be sorted especially Langston and other football clubs whoever they are (Sunderland,Charlton, Motherwell maybe Dagenham). There's another tax bill to pay very soon. The good name of Cardiff City is being dragged through the mud and we are quickly becoming the laughing stock of British football. I hope the Malaysians are reading this and other boards so that they can see the extent of the disscontent. They have to wake up to the situation and quickly and as for the other board members and major shareholders if you dont intend helping Cardiff City football club time to ship out I think. What I mean by this is that the fans have made sacrifices for the good of the club i.e buying season tickets early all 17,000+ of us. Creditors are making sacrifices i.e. allowing us to make staged payments and yes I include Sam/Langston in this. Players are being asked to make sacrifices i.e defer payment of bonuses etc until the end of the season, however we do not hear of the likes of PMG suspending payments in the short term to help cash flow, likewise Michael Isaacs. If these people have the best interests of the club at heart then they need to be seen to be doing something positive not just taking their monthly payments, if not just go. This club depends on its fans and we know how fickle they can be. Those 17.000 season ticket holders, many of whom only bought them to get on what looked like a success bandwagon could quickly diminish to a 6,000 hardcore for next season if things dont improve. Then we will be on a very steep slippery slope. All those people in Power at the CCS and all those major shareholders wake up and smell the coffee :evil:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:22 am

I'll wait until Monday before voting, but I do concur with everything Aliens has posted above.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:31 am

I agree totaly with Iha post above, but the lack of any information is very worrying. I hear that the "Malaysians" are systematicaly, bit by bit, sorting or re negotiating with creditors, but while doing that, more & more problems raise there head.
This situation can't continue forever?????

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:32 am

What an absolutely ridiculous question to pose.

Look they've come in to do two things: sort this Club out financially and get success on the pitch. Why come in to go two months' later? They are in for the long haul. Stand firm, support the Malaysians and don't waver. Keep the faith!

StT.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:48 am

No! Because if it wasn't for the Malaysians we probably wouldn't have a Club, as painful as it is we have to support TG & VT and their efforts to support the Club. These are very astute business men and none of us know what is going on behind the scenes.

They are picking up the mess that Ridsdale left us in and the one thing that frustrates me is why Ridders isn't brought to account for his actions :evil:

As supporters we have no option but to put our faith in the Malaysians and their efforts to get us back on a even keel however it's going to be a long haul and we may have to suffer short term pain for long time gain the alternative to the Malaysians is probably administration or even liquidation?

So let's support them and wait to see what sort of side runs out at the CCS against Sheffield Utd :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:53 am

Beware of the Leeds effect, City

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:55 am

I voted 50/50. I am very, very grateful and appreciate what they did for the club, but now we're in trouble, we really need someone to sort our problems out. All it will take, short term, is some money thrown at it.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:07 pm

NO they have only been on board about 2 months ffs

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:51 pm

I haven't lost confidence YET , but I think the club nedds to start communicating to the fans , all seems bad at the moment but if this has got to happen to get us on a firm fitting then tell us . Listening to Chopra today even the players don't know whats happening.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:What an absolutely ridiculous question to pose.

Look they've come in to do two things: sort this Club out financially and get success on the pitch. Why come in to go two months' later? They are in for the long haul. Stand firm, support the Malaysians and don't waver. Keep the faith!

StT.

steve

when they put the money in again next week for the wages etc you will still have people moaning as to why they have not put in more.
it amazes me that people have actually seemed to have forgot about the state that the club was in 8 weeks ago before the malaysians pumped their money in to keep the club alive.
You got terry fuckwit in the echo with an eleven page spread on his glorious chum ridsdale and what great things he did for the club on the day he left but he is significantly silent now that the shit has hit the fan and the mess ridsdale left the club in is there for all to see.
As far as im concerned and aware the malaysians are here for the long haul but wont be carrying out the reckless spending exploits of the previous regime's.
If it takes two years to clear all the debts and put the club on a sound financial footing then thats fine by me as long as we are playing championship football.
who knows that if at xmas we are in a strong position in the league that the malaysians might not release funds for team strengthening.
we need to keep faith in the malaysians because without them we will soon cease to exist as a football club.