Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MICHAEL CHOPRA TO QUIT THE CLUB

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:47 am

Story breaking in Real Radio that Chopra is threatening to quit unless the club bring in some new players, don't sound good does it, surely we going to see some transfer movement soon, can't see to many of the others renewing their contracts will the clubs in this position.

Re: MICHAEL CHOPRA TO QUIT THE CLUB

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:50 am

Cant blame him, when I was speaking with Cheggers yesterday we realised we had only three striker (Jay, Ross and Chops)

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:52 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:Cant blame him, when I was speaking with Cheggers yesterday we realised we had only three striker (Jay, Ross and Chops)

That's the kind of puzzles can be solved when two genius's put their heads together........maybe the cure for cancer if you're both not busy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:54 am

Bigbluebird wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:Cant blame him, when I was speaking with Cheggers yesterday we realised we had only three striker (Jay, Ross and Chops)

That's the kind of puzzles can be solved when two genius's put their heads together........maybe the cure for cancer if you're both not busy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: We'll try

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:00 am

Bigbluebird wrote:

that has made my day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:06 am

Who can blame him? I'd be saying the same if I was in his shoes

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:12 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Who can blame him? I'd be saying the same if I was in his shoes

No one really. Hopefully this weekend we will have some good news.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:25 am

Chops comments in the eggo were very unprofessional but he just sounds like a fed up fan.
You can't blame him, club is in a big mess.

However at the end of the day it's not his choice if he can leave or not.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:27 am

chopras a f*cking tosser no one would touch him at sunderland cause of his personal problems and this is how he repays us ,the little f*cking tosser is the highest paid player at the club if he wants to go then f**k him and sell him use the money to get a young hungry striker

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:36 am

2blue2handle wrote:Chops comments in the eggo were very unprofessional but he just sounds like a fed up fan.
You can't blame him, club is in a big mess.

However at the end of the day it's not his choice if he can leave or not.

I don't think it's down to the mess that much to be honest. Everyone knows how much shit we are in but I think what is frustrating the players the most is the lack of leadership. People like Chopra need someone to put their arm on his shoulder and tell him everythings going to be fine etc. That's all he's seeing is one mess to the next with a tight lipped set of suits seemingly doing nothing but look way out of their depth.

One thing is for dead cert. If Chopra feels this way then everyone else at the Vale training ground feel exactly the same way. So your comment about him to leave if he wants to would have to apply to all the other players and coaches down there. Who would you replace them with 2Blue? Someone joked on this mb about Eddie coming back. To be brutally honest, I don't think he would come now as things stand.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:38 am

Whilst I don't think Chopra's comments are especially helpfull at the moment, it just goes to show how passionate he is!

If you cast your minds back to the Play Off Final, I think you'll find that he was probably one of only two players, who wore their hearts on their sleeves and who was head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch (Blackpool's players included)!

We can refer back to how much money Chops earns as much as we like, but in my opinion, he earns every penny and if Ledley is now on £28,000 a week, then Chops should be on a lot more!

This outburst though, just emphasises to me, that it's certainly not about money for Chops, but about the desire to be playing at a successful club, one that is at least challenging for promotion to the Premiership! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:41 am

Good on him for speaking out but, if he does go because of the mess we're in, I fear a mass exodus

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:53 am

Spot on Wez, i was thinking the same earlier. The club has been good to him. If he dont want to play for us, then sell him. Get the money now we can and bring in a young hungry striker like Charlie Austin who would be a lot cheaper and on less wages.
I personally believe Rossco is as good as Chopra given gametime :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:55 am

One thing is for dead cert. If Chopra feels this way then everyone else at the Vale training ground feel exactly the same way. So your comment about him to leave if he wants to would have to apply to all the other players and coaches down there. Who would you replace them with 2Blue? Someone joked on this mb about Eddie coming back. To be brutally honest, I don't think he would come now as things stand.

I didn't say he could leave if he wants, I said it wasn't his choice.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:35 am

wez 1927 wrote:chopras a f*cking tosser no one would touch him at sunderland cause of his personal problems and this is how he repays us ,the little f*cking tosser is the highest paid player at the club if he wants to go then f**k him and sell him use the money to get a young hungry striker

Your missing the point, it's not his personal situation that he's refering to, it's the unpaid bills, the embargo's, no players coming in and the club sadly lacking in any direction or information to calm the situation. Add to the list that the club's most successful manager in the last fifty years (like him or not) is on the verge of leaving then I'd say he's quite right to voice his concern (and no doubt those of other senior players in the squad).

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Has Chopra forgot hes under contract.how can he quit

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:32 pm

stickywicket wrote:Has Chopra forgot hes under contract.how can he quit

Quite easily. The power's all with the players now. The days of "We'll let him rot in the reserves" have gone now

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:46 pm

Whats the fascination with Charlie Austin ???

He's not fit to polish Chopras boots

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:54 pm

My theory on all this is that he has been egged on by DJ & Co to let those in so-called powers to be the feelings amongst the squad and of course more importantly to the players its getting close to "pay day".

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:58 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:My theory on all this is that he has been egged on by DJ & Co to let those in so-called powers to be the feelings amongst the squad and of course more importantly to the players its getting close to "pay day".

Got it in one. Can't believe this was just Chopra's doing.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:59 pm

TonyBlues wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:My theory on all this is that he has been egged on by DJ & Co to let those in so-called powers to be the feelings amongst the squad and of course more importantly to the players its getting close to "pay day".

Got it in one. Can't believe this was just Chopra's doing.

It did the job tho Tone, it got the rise it was intended for.......... There is no logic in CCFC :shock:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:14 pm

stickywicket wrote:Has Chopra forgot hes under contract.how can he quit

Easy! He's contracted to be paid on a certain day of the month, every month. The club have um er, breached his contract once or twice on that a few times haven't they. So his agent wouldn't need to dig too deeply to find an excuse to go for breach of contract, after which he could simply walk away.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:19 pm

That's a very good point. I'd buy that. Definitely not just down to Chopra. If it was then he'd be hung out to dry. Players at football clubs have been transfer listed for doing far far less in the past haven't they. He must have the support of his fellow team mates and the team management to speak out like that. Love him or hate him I think he's just a voice piece for the rest of them.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Let him go. Arrogant little c**t. Ross is better than him anyway.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:01 pm

SteW wrote:Let him go. Arrogant little c**t. Ross is better than him anyway.

Shows how much you know about football then! :P

Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
SteW wrote:Let him go. Arrogant little c**t. Ross is better than him anyway.

Shows how much you know about football then! :P

Because I have a different opinion to you?