Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALL PART OF THE MASTER PLAN

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Keith since 62 has stated that the Malaysians are going about things well and making progress behind the scenes on the financial matters, please enlighten us because late wages, non payment to creditors an embargo, no contract renewing with several key players who may do a Ledley on us, no shirts in the shop, possibly a manager going.

Is this part of the plan, because it looks as if things are out of control and in a tail spin to me at the moment.

And whilst at one time I thought Sam coming back would help and was a possible reality, I think now Sam would be mad to get involved with us, he wasn't coming back for the money that's for sure, there ain't none left others have seen to that, and if it is for the football and the I'll finish the job and get you to the Premiership dream, then how will he do that when both hands will be tied behind his back and his feet glued to the floor,Sam achieved miracles at Wimbledon with no crowds and no stadium, now it's the opposite. we have a stadium, we have crowds, but will we have a team.

Re: ALL PART OF THE MASTER PLAN

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:01 pm

I feel the same Gwyn, & i know a lot of peoples patience is wearing very very thin at the moment. All we want to know is what the f**k is going on at the club? Hopefully tonights CCST meeting might answer a few questions.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:07 pm

It's not the Cardiff City Supporters Trust meeting, it's the Cardiff city Supporters Society meeting I kid you not, didn't you see the post on Mike's site the other night, I was totally flummoxed, talk about gobbledegook PC speak, it went right over my head, you got to read it to believe it, and what's worse some people can't see the sort of message it sends out to the average fan.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Did'nt take long to start having a go at the new regime, The bottom line is we are up shit creek without a paddle and theres nothing or no one that can do anything about it. Admin is around the corner, the Malaysians took a gamble and lost...end of story!

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Not having a go, I'm hoping they have a plan, it's just hard to see why they are playing things this way if they do have a plan.

I just hope they new the true situation and don't feel they been stung, if so they may just put us under and walk away, but why waste the wages money etc. that they have just put in, it seems to me it's a all or nothing position,but at the moment it aint clear which route they taking.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:09 pm

I know this is hard to accept but I honestly think having faith and trust in what they're doing is what we should do. Let them do their business and be patient. I have confidence in them to deliver.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:11 pm

Roy wrote:Did'nt take long to start having a go at the new regime, The bottom line is we are up shit creek without a paddle and theres nothing or no one that can do anything about it. Admin is around the corner, the Malaysians took a gamble and lost...end of story!

I dont think Gwyn was having a go Roy, he mearly stating it as it is and he as the rest of us now understand we are going nowhere but downhill fast but I think it'll take a few years to get back up and maybe survival at best this season.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Roy wrote:Did'nt take long to start having a go at the new regime, The bottom line is we are up shit creek without a paddle and theres nothing or no one that can do anything about it. Admin is around the corner, the Malaysians took a gamble and lost...end of story!

My thoughts on the matter, TG owns 30% of the club, but is expected to pay 100% of the debt, I think there in lies the problem ;)

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:38 pm

joncandy wrote:

My thoughts on the matter, TG owns 30% of the club, but is expected to pay 100% of the debt, I think there in lies the problem ;)

Isn't there a counter argument that VT/TG are the only ones who would remotely want to own 100% of the club? For sure PMG don't.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:45 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Hopefully tonights CCST meeting might answer a few questions.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
joncandy wrote:

Isn't there a counter argument that VT/TG are the only ones who would remotely want to own 100% of the club? For sure PMG don't.

Exactly, if VT/TG hadn't invested, then PMG shares etc would be worth next to nothing if we went into admin. Currently VT/TG have invested 6M of their own money, no-one else has.

I wouldn't be happy if I'd bailed out several millionaires for no return ;)

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:52 pm

TheOutsider wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I understand why you think like that Outsider but knocking the Trust doesn't really help us. TBH I think we have gone beyond that now and we gain nothing by doing it.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:57 pm

joncandy wrote:
Exactly, if VT/TG hadn't invested, then PMG shares etc would be worth next to nothing if we went into admin. Currently VT/TG have invested 6M of their own money, no-one else has.

I wouldn't be happy if I'd bailed out several millionaires for no return ;)

I can understand your thinking but VT/TG only bailed out PMG's interest in CCFC, not Guy and Hall personally.

PMG's debt is secured but whether they would have received the full £9m had we gone into liquidation is debatable, but its fair to say they would have got a fair share of it.

There is also the point that PMG will eventually invest £2.7m via debt for equity and will be gone from the club by 2013.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Keith since 62 has stated that the Malaysians are going about things well and making progress behind the scenes on the financial matters, please enlighten us because late wages, non payment to creditors an embargo, no contract renewing with several key players who may do a Ledley on us, no shirts in the shop, possibly a manager going.

Is this part of the plan, because it looks as if things are out of control and in a tail spin to me at the moment.

And whilst at one time I thought Sam coming back would help and was a possible reality, I think now Sam would be mad to get involved with us, he wasn't coming back for the money that's for sure, there ain't none left others have seen to that, and if it is for the football and the I'll finish the job and get you to the Premiership dream, then how will he do that when both hands will be tied behind his back and his feet glued to the floor,Sam achieved miracles at Wimbledon with no crowds and no stadium, now it's the opposite. we have a stadium, we have crowds, but will we have a team.

Gwyn, I believe that the Malaysians had Plan's A, B and C if not D when they took their 37% shareholding at CCFC.

One of those plans featured showing the greater public that the Rizla/PMG rugby junta had no intent of putting any money into CCFC, once their back pockets were weighed down with a fistful of sterling. In so doing the ruggah bu**ahs have been seen to therefore have forfeited their right to dictate what happens at CCFC. With a-third of the share capital the Malaysians are financing the club and paying 100% of the historic debt left by the awful Rizla/PMG regime. As was said to me this afternoon, "He who pays the piper plays the tune!"

Whilst things have been pretty, 'white-knuckle,' of late the Malaysians would not have bought into the club to leave. They are in for the long haul and it just shows how appallingly City have been run during Rizla's 4 years at City. You can't pin everything on Langston for our present situation. In fact I'd go so far as to say that chaotic last four years have been worse than the Sam years. Sam's failings were due to him allowing his heart to rule his head; the Rizla's time has seen his calculated head (re money for self) far outweighing any feeling for the Club.

TG and hios friends are steadying the Club and I believe following this weekend we will have a majority Malaysian shareholding at CCFC and the rugby junta will be on their way out.

In short I'd far prefer a business-like approach by those who have a heart for the club (TG, VT and SB etc) than parasites who are only interested in what they can take out of City, even if it means administration.

What is becoming evermore crystal clear is that the previous administration had so bled the Club dry that it didn't even have a few droplets of water left to fill the huge reservoir of debt that they left.

StT.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:12 pm

TheOutsider wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well You might think thats funny, but as a trust member myself i found it very interesting.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:28 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Keith since 62 has stated that the Malaysians are going about things well and making progress behind the scenes on the financial matters, please enlighten us because late wages, non payment to creditors an embargo, no contract renewing with several key players who may do a Ledley on us, no shirts in the shop, possibly a manager going.

Sam the front man done well for sure Gwyn, with others controlling the finances albeit the football they played was total shite and something today that would see them nowhere near the premiership! They had no Stadium as it was sold and shared with basically their " family",

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Gwyn

Like you and other dedicated fans of the club , I get fed up as well with how slow progress is and whenever some other bad news re debts comes out into the open.

Why? Because above everything else , I am a fan of the club (have been for 48 seasons and am never going to be anything else). That overrides anything else I do as a messageboard poster , a commentator on financial matters or even a Trust board member (although I am involved in that because I strongly believe in it as a fan).

But there HAS been progress in dealing with debts since the new regime has been in place over the last few months. Examples are:-

1) getting major creditors like PMG , M Isaac and S Borley to agree to have part of their debt converted into shares (takes over £5m off the debts)

2) injecting over £5m of new money into the club by a new share issue , on top of the £1m previously put in as loans by TG/VT (now also converted into shares)

3)converting the rest of the money due to SB/MI into interest free loans repayable by 12 monthly instalments starting next month - saves a big slug of interest which would otherwise have been payable

4) selling off 2 plots of land (at full independent value) to PMG and S Borley , reducing debts due to them by another £2.3m.Yes , that`s selling off an asset that could turn out to have a higher value at some future debt , but the club didn`t have a hope in hell of finding the money to develop those plots itself.

5) the PMG debt of about £9.8m as at 31 May 2009 was fully repayable by November last year.Now the club has until September 2013 to pay the balance back by instalments

6) agreeing deals with all the main stadium creditors so that those debts can be paid off over a 15 month period which started at the end of May this year , rather than run the very real risk of more winding up petitions from that source

7) starting to make inroads into the HMRC debt

All of the above examples are why I claim that progress has been made.

I have also said that there is still a very long way to go to sort out the financial mess once and for all , including

1) sorting out the Langston debt . To me , raising £10m to pay them off by the end of this year makes extremely good financial sense as it means writing off another £11m of the liabilities that were shown in the May 2009 accounts (Langston were shown as being owed £17m plus the full naming rights liability of £9m = £26m which could be reduced to £10m plus up to £5m of naming rights if settled in the next 5 months).

2) dealing with these football debts with Charlton and Motherwell (lets hope there are no more similar contracts to be found in the back of the filing cabinet of our previous Chairman!!)

3) somehow getting us out of the ridiculous high interest agreement with Sports Asset Management (how the hell other directors let Ridsdale commit the club to that deal is beyond me).

4)getting right up to date with HMRC so that they never again become a winding-up threat

There is also the very important matter of generating better and new streams of income to help fund ongoing trading costs through next season. I just hope that includes a total revamp of the commercial and marketing departments and putting proper professional staff in there.

As a fan , I fear that the recovery plan might have to include the sale of a player or two to generate a bit of "lump sum" cash and reduce the wage bill to more affordable levels. I hope it won`t come to that , but I fear it. And if player like Chopra were to go , I can see them being replaced by cheaper alternatives in wage terms (might save the rest of the squad a few bob mind if rumours of MC borrowing money from them for the odd bet or 20 are true!!)

Hope that explains my stance on things.

I don`t think the sun shines out of the a*ses of the new people - I think they have made a number of mistakes (they certainly could have done better on the public relations front at times) . But I do think they are far better than either of the 2 previous regimes in terms of running the club sensibly and properly and want to give them a chance to prove that they can see the job through.

Keith