Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Queens bars Nick Griffin from todays garden party.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:19 pm

To be fair she's the Queen, she can do whatever the f**k she wants. I don't generally like the Royal Family but I have a lot of time for the Queen. I think common sense has prevailed. I can't stand Griffin or some of the BNP views so I won't lose any sleep over this. We need to stamp out racism and fascism.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Well I can't answer that and I do understand the argument for him attending but personally I disagree with his political involvement.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:58 pm

I don't know why the royals are getting high and mighty for. The British royals were Hitler's biggest supporters prior to WW2 kicking off.

The royals best remember that Nick Griffin, love him or hate him, was elected by the people. The royals were not.

I can't see how they can pick and choose because everyone there is hated by somebody, so if they banned MEP's because of their political beliefs then there'd be no one left there, simply because all politics are hated by different people.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:18 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10723764

Griffin has been banned for trying to make political gain from his invite and apparently endangering those attending, by advertising the event!

At the end of the day, he's a racist bigot and deserves to be banned!

I know there's other BNP members attending as well, but at least they stayed quiet for a change!

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Overthemoon wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10723764

Griffin has been banned for trying to make political gain from his invite and apparently endangering those attending, by advertising the event!

I know there's other BNP members attending as well, but at least they stayed quiet for a change!

I might agree with you but there are plenty of people such as those who voted BNP who might think that any Muslim MEP's there should be banned. Then you'll have people who are Tory believing that left wing MEP's should be banned. And so on, and so on.

When you start banning individual politicians then you start moving away from a democratic society and moving towards a dictatorship.
Personaly I'd rather hear what someone has to say, then I can make my own mind up. I might not like or agree with what is said but I believe that people have died for the right of freedom of speech in this country.
If you don't like or want freedom of speech then perhaps you should try living in a country that kill their people for expressing views that are not in line with their country's status quo.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:03 pm

I don't agree with the BNP, but they had almost a million votes out of a voting public of around 20 million I would guess.
It's a bit of a minefield, if we are a democratic country and one which the queen is head of state for, you can't claim to be democratic and then when it don't suit you change things.

I am a bit of a royalist and love the history and set up of it, whilst it costs us money it also brings a lot in, and I would say to any one, go to Windsor castle, take the tour and tell me your not impressed with the history and regalia that goes with it, but I think they've cocked up with this decision and played into the hands of anti royalists.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:13 pm

So what if Griffin is a racist?

Why do you all get so f*cking excited over racism?

How the hell has the British Establishment brainwashed you all into being
so 'politically correct'

All a racist is, is a bit daft, a bit uneducated and a bit ignorant!!

No drama, either ignore them or challenge them (and defeat them) in debate!!

I dont like sprouts, but it doesn't necessarily follow that I'd like to banish all sprouts
from Britain! or (shock horror) physically attack them.

As Joe Public loves to point out... Britain is a tolerant society! Why no tolerance towards
Nick Griffin?? He's a fan of democracy, the Royal Family and Britain, so he cant be all that
bad can he??

Next thing we'll have is the Muslic Council of Great Britain 'politely' asking the Queen if she'd
refrain from serving pork products or any form of alcohol at her Garden Parties as a mark of
respect for the Muslim dignitaries/MPs, and do you know what... She'll go along with it!!

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:17 pm

why not ban her hubby ? hes more racist !!

Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:10 pm

His racism is neither here nor there, that was not why they barred him. If they were worried about that they would not have invited him. - and they would not have let his mate in.

He was barred for taking the piss and making a party political issue out of it.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:32 pm

In the last election I think they polled over 1 million votes !!!! looks like not enough for a cuppa with the queen :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Overthemoon wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10723764

Why should should they stay quiet ?

I don`t like Nick Griffin or his party, but they have a right to express their views and opinions, the same as anyone else.

At least Griffin and his BNP lot have been elected into office by members of the public.

More than I can say for the royal family who are unelected, and win the right to reign over us by birthright. Antiquadated

bollocks IMO.