Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave jones 5/2 favourite

Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:48 am

Dave jones 5/2 favourite with willam hill to take fulham job was 25/1 sunday morning been backed all week :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Dave jones 5/2 favourite

Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:53 am

i really cant understand why would fulham want him???
stable club but they are improving every year, top half of the league, uefa cup final just gone, surely they can attract a bigger name and better manager than dave jones.
judging from a few comments i saw on fulhams messageboard lets just say they wont be to impressed :lol:

Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:57 am

I think this is the only time dave jones has ever been favourite for another job plus hes a shorter price than sven 5/1 he is

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:14 am

Have a punt on Roberto Di Matteo 33/1 with Ladbrokes. It is being reported on Midlands Radio that West Brom have been approched about his availability ;) you
will have to be quick mind.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:31 am

Only 1 F in Fulham .................. 2 F's in Four Four Two :lol:

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:37 am

his odds are shortening 15/8 with Skybet now

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:43 am

his odds are now back to 2/1 with skybet

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:44 am

Never been his greatest fan but am a little worried that if he does go there could be a bit of a player clearout.

Managers like to work with players they know and DJ has shown this to be the case. I am sure he would be looking to take some of our better players with him and could offer premiership football and premiership wages. Martinez did the same of course when he moved to Wigan.

Inevitably any new manager would want to mould his own team and it could be that a number of players would be surplus to requirements although they would have to be replaced somehow or we'd be fielding the AAMB team this season.

It could be one further destabilising factor at a time when perhaps consistency in the playing and managerial staff is needed.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:44 am

gabbs wrote:his odds are now back to 2/1 with skybet

I know I'm watching for any sharp moves in the market. As soon as theres any sign of money for di Matteo I'll be on :lol:

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:50 am

If Di Matteo gets the Fulham job Jones will become favourite for the West Brom job!

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:54 am

davids wrote:If Di Matteo gets the Fulham job Jones will become favourite for the West Brom job!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:57 am

Maybe if he does go we can smuggle Hudson into his luggage.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Nothing official,,,,,,yet!