Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE THING IS WITH THE MALAYSIAN CONSORTIUM

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:26 am

We know nothing about their future plans on restructing the Club , all we know who's involved.

What we do know is that they certaintly are working hard to save a ship that hit the rocks along time ago and should have sunk.

They have already invested 8 million pounds into the football club and surely this will rise further!

It's always going to take time to bring in investments, restructure and balance, we cant expect miracles.

Think of Tony Fernandes, hes a multi millionaire, but he's still at the back of the F1 grid, but he will " build" and move up bit by bit, thats how Malaysians in general work, thats exactly what the Malaysians at Cardiff City are doing..... it will take time.

Theres no sugar Daddys in football anymore.

We have been used to outlandish Chairman over the years with many reckless ways, now we have the opposite, dont expect them to tell us their plans, they will quietly just go about it and get on with it, we just need to be patient as they do ( hard i know!)

Re: THE THING IS WITH THE MALAYSIAN CONSORTIUM

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:30 am

this would explain them only taking up 37% of the shares for now , Im being patient with them and Im sure all will be good . makes u think what would have happened if we had beaten Blackpool at Wembley ?

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:37 am

Martyn1963 wrote:this would explain them only taking up 37% of the shares for now , Im being patient with them and Im sure all will be good . makes u think what would have happened if we had beaten Blackpool at Wembley ?

Marytn,

They would before investing have 2 plans on restructure in the event. Plan A, would no doubt have been far easier than B.

Think of it as a business Jigsaw, it takes time to put/get the pieces together especially as Riddler held the box and scattered all the pieces all over the lounge floor, theres bits under the coffee table, down the back of the sofa, under the tv stand etc etc

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:43 am

Daya wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:this would explain them only taking up 37% of the shares for now , Im being patient with them and Im sure all will be good . makes u think what would have happened if we had beaten Blackpool at Wembley ?

Marytn,

They would before investing have 2 plans on restructure in the event. Plan A, would no doubt have been far easier than B.

Think of it as a business Jigsaw, it takes time to put/get the pieces together especially as Riddler held the box and scattered all the pieces all over the lounge floor, theres bits under the coffee table, down the back of the sofa, under the tv stand etc etc

Steve Ive got faith in their intentions and I can see they are here for the long run , I just hope that for once CCFC can all work togethor and pull in 1 direction and sort out the deadwood from the ambitious on the Board ? I cant see how they can offer new contracts to the 3 who run out next season without a pay rise tho , or indeed sell them even if they get the right offer will they get better salaries , I mean can Ipswich afford to pay us about £4 mil and offer Chops a better salary aswell ? Maybe more to the Ledley deal than we know from both CCFC and Stoke !

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:49 am

That will balance out as well Martyn. They have stated to DJ as well as the supporters that players wont have to be sold. That seems to be the case so far, especially with some of the offers that have been put in for certain ones.

As for their contracts, other Clubs wont offer the wages Ridders put them on , so it would be wise to sign new deals with CCFC if still wanted anyway!

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:52 am

Daya wrote:That will balance out as well Martyn. They have stated to DJ as well as the supporters that players wont have to be sold. That seems to be the case so far, especially with some of the offers that have been put in for certain ones.

As for their contracts, other Clubs wont offer the wages Ridders put them on , so it would be wise to sign new deals with CCFC if still wanted anyway!

Good point. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Daya wrote:We know nothing about their future plans on restructing the Club , all we know who's involved.

What we do know is that they certaintly are working hard to save a ship that hit the rocks along time ago and should have sunk.

They have already invested 8 million pounds into the football club and surely this will rise further!

It's always going to take time to bring in investments, restructure and balance, we cant expect miracles.

Think of Tony Fernandes, hes a multi millionaire, but he's still at the back of the F1 grid, but he will " build" and move up bit by bit, thats how Malaysians in general work, thats exactly what the Malaysians at Cardiff City are doing..... it will take time.

We have been used to outlandish Chairman over the years with many reckless ways, now we have the opposite, dont expect them to tell us their plans, they will quietly just go about it and get on with it, we just need to be patient as they do ( hard i know!)

i can honestly say that the above post is the best and most realistic one thats ever been posted on here :ayatollah:
cardiff city as a business was not far off going under these guys have come in and it will take quite awhile to get it running as it should. lets be patient and so what if we have to sell a few players lets just be gratefull of having a bloody club to watch :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Exactly . :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:40 pm

totally agree with daya's post- too much people forgetting where we have come from. these are VERY VERY VERY SUCCESSFULL BUISNESS MEN. Keep the faith and thank them we got a club to run. Its mad to think a couple of months a go we were praying for them to save us and help us holding up malaysian flags and now theres people on this messageboard with suspicions about them and saying city are doom and gloom etc...keep the faith for gods sake!

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:47 am

Daya wrote:We know nothing about their future plans on restructing the Club , all we know who's involved.

Get off this board now!! :evil:

For at least the second time in less than a week , I find myself totally agreeing with one of your posts. :o

It is doing my credibility no good at all. :lol:

Keith

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:22 am

Daya wrote:

Marytn,

and no doubt other bits out out for the bin man ;) :lol: if you know what I mean :lol:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Daya wrote:As for their contracts, other Clubs wont offer the wages Ridders put them on , so it would be wise to sign new deals with CCFC if still wanted anyway!

And nor will we offer the wages Ridders did now. Not sure if it's still the case, but it used to be if you offered a lower wage, player entitled to automatic free transfer.

Even so, you're offered the same wages here or say Coventry, would you be minded to stay here given been asked to defer bonuses, finances utter mess, unable to recruit etc?

Any player with ambition will want to play where they have the best chance to achieve their potential. Players without ambition would be happy to stay.

The Malaysians I've no doubt, long term, will sort the finances. I just don't think they've a single clue about football whatsoever.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:57 pm

nerd wrote:
Daya wrote:As for their contracts, other Clubs wont offer the wages Ridders put them on , so it would be wise to sign new deals with CCFC if still wanted anyway!

And nor will we offer the wages Ridders did now. Not sure if it's still the case, but it used to be if you offered a lower wage, player entitled to automatic free transfer.

Even so, you're offered the same wages here or say Coventry, would you be minded to stay here given been asked to defer bonuses, finances utter mess, unable to recruit etc?

Any player with ambition will want to play where they have the best chance to achieve their potential. Players without ambition would be happy to stay.

The Malaysians I've no doubt, long term, will sort the finances. I just don't think they've a single clue about football whatsoever.

bang on fella.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:09 pm

to be honest, we must back them, as, there is no one else, its the malaysians or no club, im sure it will come good in the end, they need time :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:58 pm

nerd wrote: I just don't think they've a single clue about football whatsoever.

Seems to me that the method used by the people we had at the club who claim that they had "a single clue about football" was to give the player and his agent just what they wanted and then a bit more on top - it's "expertise" like that which got us into this mess.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:19 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:
nerd wrote: I just don't think they've a single clue about football whatsoever.

Seems to me that the method used by the people we had at the club who claim that they had "a single clue about football" was to give the player and his agent just what they wanted and then a bit more on top - it's "expertise" like that which got us into this mess.

The problem with your post is it indicates both extremes, rather than the middle ground.

We've now got a squad of what, 19. Any injuries, suspensions, we'll struggle to have a full subs bench for games. Add in loff of form, we could well have some incredible poor runs of results.

Youy know full well the wonderful, loyal City fans - lose a few games early on, they'll magically disappear. Which, given we need the walk up money as everything else has gone then means more problems...

Everybody and their dog know the long term financial state of the club has to be the priority. Kennedy goes, that knocks up down to what 18 pros. Unless we can get players in before the start of the season, we'll be in a threadbare state upon the pitch. Even if the embargo gets lifted soon, the new players won't have had a full pre-season with us - and let's not forget the pre-season was massively disrupted due to "logistical reasons".

It's almost as if, contrary to reported TG comments previously, this season has been written off already.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:58 am

If Kennedy goes that leaves us with 22 professionals get rid of taiwo, comminges and I see that we don't want Gypese and at 19 we can bring in 3 players under league rules regardless of the embargo :thumbup:

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:05 am

nerd wrote:
We've now got a squad of what, 19. Any injuries, suspensions, we'll struggle to have a full subs bench for games. Add in loff of form, we could well have some incredible poor runs of results.

Youy know full well the wonderful, loyal City fans - lose a few games early on, they'll magically disappear. Which, given we need the walk up money as everything else has gone then means more problems...

Everybody and their dog know the long term financial state of the club has to be the priority. Kennedy goes, that knocks up down to what 18 pros. Unless we can get players in before the start of the season, we'll be in a threadbare state upon the pitch. Even if the embargo gets lifted soon, the new players won't have had a full pre-season with us - and let's not forget the pre-season was massively disrupted due to "logistical reasons".

It's almost as if, contrary to reported TG comments previously, this season has been written off already.

It's hard to disagree with what any of that, but even if we definitely are in need of this "football man" that is so often talked about, I can't help thinking that there would not be too much for him to do at the club until the embargo gets lifted. I'm not against someone coming in to negotiate deals with players if there is a genuine need for them - I would just hope that he was an improvement on the previous two we had in that role.,

Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:20 pm

nerd wrote:

This 'football man' is a red herring.

We've got plenty of football men at our club - Jones, Burton, Connolly etc...

The vast majority of clubs around the company are run by teams of administrators, or chairmen who rely on the skills of others.

The 'football men' in the boardroom is a recipe for disaster.

Far from needing a 'football man', what we need is an injection of CASH , not another person on the wage bill.