Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FANS FRUSTRATIONS

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Although it seems the Malaysians are here for the long haul and are slowly but surely sifting through a huge financial mess, i can see in some ways why so many fans are starting to get frustrated.

Although not ALL fans feel this way, the majority i have spoken to lately all ask the same questions.

Why dont the Malaysians just bail us out?

Why cant we afford to pay the tax bill?

Why are the players bonuses being deferred?

Why are we under a transfer embargo again?

Why are the players and staff not being paid on time?

Why cant we signing anyone decent.?

Why,why,why.

Thats all it seems to be, i am not slating the Malaysians in any shape or form, in fact its plain to see without their investment we would most definitely have been wound up. But what i am saying is that not ALL Cardiff City fans read message boards and not ALL Cardiff City fans are up to date with the goings on at the club, so when more and more NEGATIVE news keeps coming out of the club via the news or word of mouth then i for one can see their frustration.

I will admit at present it is a frustrating time being a City fan, we came so close to the promised land but now seem so far from it again. We just need a few adjustments and addition to our current squad to enable us to push on this season.
But at the moment these additions seem so far away.

Also to top it all our debt is now totalled at £66 million although some of that can be written off and some more seems to be in the future, but until it is its still there.

Hopefully the meetings that are scheduled for the coming weekend will be productive and further steps will be taken in clearing some of this mess.

I for one can and will be PATIENT but for how long must we be.

KEEP THE FAITH. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: FANS FRUSTRATIONS

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:03 pm

As far as I'm concerned the Malaysians have fully explained themselves and are doing exactly what they said they would do. It is always easy to spend someone else's money (why don't they just bail us out etc) but the world doesn't work that way and never will.

Whether its frustrating or not we will have to be patient whilst the Malaysians work on ways of returning this club back to a sound financial footing.

Personally they have my full support for what they are doing.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:As far as I'm concerned the Malaysians have fully explained themselves and are doing exactly what they said they would do. It is always easy to spend someone else's money (why don't they just bail us out etc) but the world doesn't work that way and never will.

Whether its frustrating or not we will have to be patient whilst the Malaysians work on ways of returning this club back to a sound financial footing.

Personally they have my full support for what they are doing.

When TG done his walk around the concourse last season he even said then that we will not be like Man City and splashing the cash and that was before coming on board,he has since said numerous times thats all he asks for is the fans PATIENCE and endeavour in supporting them through the financial turmoil and thats what we should ALL do. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Why would the Malaysians throw loads of cash at us, they don't own all the club only a percentage it's down to the other directors to either sell their shares to them or get their hands in their pockets and help out.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:54 pm

meetings for the weekend???? what meetings ?

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:46 am

It seems to me that TG is paying each bill as and when its due and NOT like the Riddler did and ignore them , even if it means wages a day or 2 late ! Any money for transfers will come from player sales otherwise its freebies and loans ........ TG is dead right with his approach and the fans need to be patient and not expect seasons like we've had the past 10 years coz that would mean splashing the cash just like Sam did !!! So the choice is simple here steady progress or splash the cash then get slammed for it 5 years later ?? Personally I would take say a gamble of maybe £10 mil for new players and go all guns blazing for promotion this season coz we were left in a very strong league position and a half decent starting X1 last season for us to crack on :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:41 am

nobby wrote:Although it seems the Malaysians are here for the long haul and are slowly but surely sifting through a huge financial mess, i can see in some ways why so many fans are starting to get frustrated.

Although not ALL fans feel this way, the majority i have spoken to lately all ask the same questions.

Why,why,why.

Thats all it seems to be, i am not slating the Malaysians in any shape or form, in fact its plain to see without their investment we would most definitely have been wound up. But what i am saying is that not ALL Cardiff City fans read message boards and not ALL Cardiff City fans are up to date with the goings on at the club, so when more and more NEGATIVE news keeps coming out of the club via the news or word of mouth then i for one can see their frustration.

I will admit at present it is a frustrating time being a City fan, we came so close to the promised land but now seem so far from it again. We just need a few adjustments and addition to our current squad to enable us to push on this season.

Also to top it all our debt is now totalled at £66 million although some of that can be written off and some more seems to be in the future, but until it is its still there.

Hopefully the meetings that are scheduled for the coming weekend will be productive and further steps will be taken in clearing some of this mess.

NOBBY...."WHAT" meetings are arranged for the weekend?

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:28 pm

nobby wrote:Although it seems the Malaysians are here for the long haul and are slowly but surely sifting through a huge financial mess, i can see in some ways why so many fans are starting to get frustrated.

Why,why,why.

More and more fans are getting frustrated, its getting worse as time goes on, im hoping we have some positive news after this weekend but im not holding my breath. :(

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:53 pm

The Malaysians in My Opinion need to take control of the situation and get rid of the disease that is still in our club, the egg men and others have to All go if The Malaysians want to sort this mess out as they will find that lot will stab them in the back.