Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

More players to walk out?

Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:04 pm

With Whits, Bothroyde, Mcfail, Mcnaughton etc all out of contract end of next season I cannot see them signing new contracts, why should they when they can leave for a compensation fee (if we are kucky) and have more clubs coming in for them. We are in the mire.

Re: More players to walk out?

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Roy wrote:With Whits, Bothroyde, Mcfail, Mcnaughton etc all out of contract end of next season I cannot see them signing new contracts, why should they when they can leave for a compensation fee (if we are kucky) and have more clubs coming in for them. We are in the mire.

They would sign because it is continuity and a new contract. The whole of society today are just happy to have jobs and it is no different with players. Yes, I know they will have the pick of clubs, but what clubs will they be if they have an awful next 3 months.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Midfield general wrote:It is a worry and because of that I feel that the club shouldn't be turning down every bid for these players as twelve months down the line they may walk anyway. We all remember stoke offering £6 million for Joe.

In my opinion I'd cash in on whits now as he'll never have another season like that again.

We all know that players talk and they must be jealous of the type of package Joe is now because he run his contract down.

Stoke offered the £6m about an hour before the transfer dealine closed, I think if they'd offered that a week previously we would have taken it and had ample time to get a replacement, as it turned out we had our fingers burnt with Joe, I'm of the same opinion with Whittingham and feel he'll never have a season like that again so cash in now providing the proceeds go to our transfer fund.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:12 pm

IF we got to the premiership would those players hack it ?

Mcnaughton - NO too injury prone and will be exposed by the premiership

Mcphail - Not good enough

Bothroyd - Not good enough as 1st choice

Whitts - as last

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Jeff wrote:
Midfield general wrote:It is a worry and because of that I feel that the club shouldn't be turning down every bid for these players as twelve months down the line they may walk anyway. We all remember stoke offering £6 million for Joe.

In my opinion I'd cash in on whits now as he'll never have another season like that again.

We all know that players talk and they must be jealous of the type of package Joe is now because he run his contract down.

Stoke offered the £6m about an hour before the transfer dealine closed, I think if they'd offered that a week previously we would have taken it and had ample time to get a replacement, as it turned out we had our fingers burnt with Joe,

Sorry, but that's a false point.

6m was ridiculous money for Joe. Anyone can tell that. Losing Joe, we'd have had to have lasted how long until the loan window opened? 2 weeks max?

We could - and should - have sold him.