Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Benidorm...

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:45 am

A few of us are going to Benidorm next Saturday, would like to know if there is any Welsh Bars/Cardiff Bars out there?

Would like to know were the best Clubs/Bars to go to. :ayatollah:

Cheers. :ayatollah:

Re: Benidorm...

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:17 pm

it's expensssssssssssssssssive!!!

appx £5 a pint take out a loan for going on the p!$$ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:24 pm

:o Shit! :lol:

Can u recommend any cheap bars? :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:A few of us are going to Benidorm next Saturday, would like to know if there is any Welsh Bars/Cardiff Bars out there?

Would like to know were the best Clubs/Bars to go to. :ayatollah:

Cheers. :ayatollah:

There is a welsh bar opposite the indoor market (on the corner) called the "clansman" it was a scottish bar up until 2 years ago(hence the name) then a fella from pontypridd bought it. There are dozens of entertainment bars with live music, can,t tell you too much about clubs (at 50 been there done it) but one we always go in is "cafe benidorm", it,s free entrance, play all music from 60,s to present and is open till 8.00 am, hope this helps you and enjoy the holiday!!!

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Thanks, yes Great help thanks Cityone. Will be in the Welsh Bar nearly all trough the holiday then. :lol:

Got My Cardiff Top,Welsh Top, Welsh Flag & Cardiff flag ready. :lol:

Thanks i'm sure i will enjoy. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:44 pm

There are plenty of euro a pint bars out there which are worth visiting before going to Cafe Benidorm which is expensive. Be careful because there are a lot of North African gypsys (women) out there who come up to you in threes and fours and before you know it they have run off with your wallet. There was about 35 of us out there about 4 weeks ago, one boy got mugged (he was steaming mind) and a couple got pick pocketed so you do need to be a bit careful if walking back to your hotel on your own.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:Thanks, yes Great help thanks Cityone. Will be in the Welsh Bar nearly all trough the holiday then. :lol:

Through the day time draught beer is very cheap 1.5 euros, i was buying strongbow for 2 euros a pint in certain bars. There are plenty of karaoke bars, (ok for a laugh) the "famous black chicken" and the "benidorm palace" are next door to each other and are always packed through the day!!!!

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Sound a good price for Beer & Strongbow. Cant wait now. :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:50 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:Sound a good price for Beer & Strongbow. Cant wait now. :lol: :ayatollah:

What hotel are you staying in?????

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:57 pm

I am trying to book 20 of us on a stag for next june,cant get much joy booking us in hotels via travel republic,any ideas?you cant book flights until 9 months before i know,so wanted to get us in the hotel,any info appreciated.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:58 pm

cityone wrote:
Ccfc Shane wrote:Thanks, yes Great help thanks Cityone. Will be in the Welsh Bar nearly all trough the holiday then. :lol:

Through the day time draught beer is very cheap 1.5 euros, i was buying strongbow for 2 euros a pint in certain bars. There are plenty of karaoke bars, (ok for a laugh) the "famous black chicken" and the "benidorm palace" are next door to each other and are always packed through the day!!!!

aaaaarggghhhh, the Black Chicken my favourite pub of all time, cheap as chips and once your pissed, off round the corner to JJ's for some cheap nosh bargain!!! Plenty of cheap pubs a great holiday if you like erntertainment. Everytime I have been I leave as white as when I got there, far too busy getting hammered :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Rio Park Cityblue. Haven't been before to Benidorm before. :ayatollah:

Gup have you try'd package holidays? Thomas cook are taking bookings for next year i think, also i think Club 18-30 are run by Thomas cook so they are good for a stag do. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:12 pm

gup-1 wrote:I am trying to book 20 of us on a stag for next june,cant get much joy booking us in hotels via travel republic,any ideas?you cant book flights until 9 months before i know,so wanted to get us in the hotel,any info appreciated.

Try the pelicanos hotel(it,s where the they film the benidorm series from) we,ve stayed there before and it,s ok, it,s a 3* but food wise it,s a bit better than 3* also you are right where the action is!!!!

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:21 pm

I stayed by the benidorm palace last year the main road goes straight down hill to the beach, halfway down there were a few nice bars (opposite the flamenco cant miss it it big as f**k!) we always had a few in rachaels bar there €1 a bottle local lager not much more for san miguel the chinese there were three courses and a drink for €6 but i was there in october so it may not be as cheap now, if your hotel is up that way its worth having a couple of cheap ones ealry before you hit the main drag

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:22 pm

Has anyone stayed in Hotel Rio Park? :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Jez wrote:it's expensssssssssssssssssive!!!

appx £5 a pint take out a loan for going on the p!$$ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

jesus where were you drinking jez

euro a pint bars everywhere
in th eday you can even get 2 for ones
the sports bar and the duty free bar front and to the left of rio park both cheap

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:56 pm

shane i stayed there some years back was a 5* hotel once, great pool good positioning, but i do it myself these days and go to a block of apartments right in front of the rio.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Cheers Premier1, i have just had a quick look on the web sight, it says it has recently had a refurbishment. Looks nice too. :ayatollah:

Have heard the Hotel is quite a walk from the beach, is this true? :ayatollah:

Also is it in the Center of everything? :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:25 pm

You'll have a great time in Benidorm head for the area around Cafe Benidorm and there are plenty of bars most have a happy hour which seemed to last forever however don't do what we did ie order 8 pints and end up with 16 because it was 2 for 1 during 'happy hour' we couldn't get our drunken heads around this concept so everytime someone went up for a round we ended up with 16 pints :D

As someone else said be careful walking around in the early hours and stick together when i was there 2 French guys tried to mug me (Mind you must have been the worlds worst muggers) i was absolutely pissed and smashed one in the nose with my elbow there was claret everywhere the other mugger then claimed i had attacked them despite the fact the little prick had kicked me in the back of the legs to get me down i just chased him across the road then buggered off back to my hotel.

Anyway be careful and have a great time. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:29 pm

and don't forget sticky vicky if she's still around :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Cheers Blueheaven, sound a good crack. Yes i have heard about people getting mugged. I hate flying though thats the only thing. Been to Mexico on a plane so i should be fine. :lol:

Yes Aliens i will watch sticky vicky :lol: I think her daughter it now too. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Went for a long weekend month or so ago.f*cking hated most people could double up as extras from snatch.
In fact I was possitive I saw bricktop in one sleazy bar. But that could have been the overpriced strongbow I was drinking
:old:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:Cheers Blueheaven, sound a good crack. Yes i have heard about people getting mugged. I hate flying though thats the only thing. Been to Mexico on a plane so i should be fine. :lol:

Yes Aliens i will watch sticky vicky :lol: I think her daughter it now too. :ayatollah:

juicy lucy now shane,c**t like wizards sleeve or top of a welly,YOU DECIDE :lol:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

are you the shane that travels on walters bus or coedely club

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Walters, what about you? :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:Cheers Premier1, i have just had a quick look on the web sight, it says it has recently had a refurbishment. Looks nice too. :ayatollah:

Have heard the Hotel is quite a walk from the beach, is this true? :ayatollah:

Also is it in the Center of everything? :ayatollah:

na about a 5 mins stroll past pubs and bars down a slight gradient, it is within about a 2 min walk from the big clubs and the paved off area, some good pubs and restraunts in the area all trying to beat each others prices

muggers watch out for them, especialy the girls coming on to you trying to kiss you while their hands are in your back pocket, be careful

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:56 pm

By bluebirdnips at 2010-07-16

1 = rio park
2 = duty free bar
3 = sports bar
4 = red dog
5 = chaplins
6 = jokers
7 = andys bar I
8 = andys bar II (karaoke)
9 = star and garter