Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

joes actions rubbing off on other players

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:50 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26864172/

there should be an ultimatum, sign by august 1st or sell him.

lets see who wants to stay and who wants to go, same for j and kev

Re: joes actions rubbing off on other players

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:53 am

I can see Jay and Whitts holding out for a Premiership move but I think Kevin McNaughton's future will rest with Cardiff. Cardiff won't want to commit him to another 3 years if it turns out he's now injury prone. He only played about 50% of games last season if that, what if that's now the norm?

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:55 am

Players have been paid late several times, asked to defer due monies etc.

They also see that whilst investment is seemingly being dripfed into the club to address our financial issue, we're unable to realistically add needed quality to the squad.

Players with ambition are of course going to consider all their options - christ, Whittingham won't repeat the goals of last season so knows, for example, his market value will only decrease over this season.

The day we want players with little ambition for themselves is the day we sign players content to pick up the money and do f*** all.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:58 am

This is getting pathetic I've had a f**k full....... just how long are the money men going to hold out and cost us!!

f*cking INVEST IN NEW PLAYERS YOU GROUP OF CUNTS :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:59 am

Im guessing that ALL football clubs are going to be in the same boat then as us regarding their out of contract players ? Hope that the greedy agents and players realize that their actions could bring about the end of the transfer fee as we know it which will effect lots of lower league clubs who depend on that money for incomes . Sad greedy twats !!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:03 am

it really looks like the malaysians were in it for the premiership only. a 6 million punt.
what else can explain their actions?

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:11 am

Fred,

With all due respect, you're expecting businessmen to spun money into a football club which has massive debts; to get in players that increase outgoings in the hope of a magic pot of money arriving?

It's imperative the financial stae of the club has to be the number one priority - if that means taking a hit on the pitch, so be it.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:21 am

nerd wrote:Fred,

With all due respect, you're expecting businessmen to spun money into a football club which has massive debts; to get in players that increase outgoings in the hope of a magic pot of money arriving?

It's imperative the financial stae of the club has to be the number one priority - if that means taking a hit on the pitch, so be it.

I see your point...but what about the long term damage? top players leaving for nothing..no players wanting to join... you can only grow as a club with some success on the field.

I'm sorry but they need to bring in players or the slide will begin.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:28 am

Bigbluebird wrote:

I see your point...but what about the long term damage? top players leaving for nothing..no players wanting to join... you can only grow as a club with some success on the field.

new players are here on loan / trial and just because we cant officially sign anybody it doesnt mean they dont want to come here !

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:35 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:

new players are here on loan / trial and just because we cant officially sign anybody it doesnt mean they dont want to come here !

If your avatar is anything to go by and you're 63 years young I will allow for that but I did say " long term damage" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:11 am

I would gladly accept The boards decision if they were to ban the players in question from playing until they sign a new contract.

Team against Sheff Utd would be

1. Marshall
2. Matthews
3. Quinn
4. Blake
5. Gerrard
6. Rae
7. Burke
8. Chopra
9. Maccormack
10. Drinkwater
11. Wildig

Subs

Heaton
Gerrard
Gypes
Taiwo
Meades

plus any new signings

Sat in the stands (Then cleaning boots showers and toliets on Monday Morning)

Whittingham
Bothroyd
Mcphail
Macnaughton

Sign the contract or do the same til next June

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:20 am

Mafor wrote:I would gladly accept The boards decision if they were to ban the players in question from playing until they sign a new contract.

Team against Sheff Utd would be

1. Marshall
2. Matthews
3. Quinn
4. Blake
5. Gerrard
6. Rae
7. Burke
8. Chopra
9. Maccormack
10. Drinkwater
11. Wildig

Subs

Heaton
Gerrard
Gypes
Taiwo
Meades

plus any new signings

Sat in the stands (Then cleaning boots showers and toliets on Monday Morning)

Whittingham
Bothroyd
Mcphail
Macnaughton

Sign the contract or do the same til next June

I agree completely. We want commitment to the club, not the agent

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Come on. Dropping our best players will mean they will definately leave.

Playing them will mean we might get promoted

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:51 pm

what a joke.
if they dont sign they sould never play for us again and left to rot in the changing rooms

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:04 pm

How many of you would willingly go to work if your boss carried on paying you late? Doesn't matter how much they get paid they still need that money every month for there own bills. I can guarantee if my boss didn't pay me on time and then asked me to agree to not having an agreed bonus I would be looking at other options as well. we can hide behind the club loyalty all we want but they play football as a job not as fans. If there not getting paid they are not going to want to play simple.